• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, algots said:

4) I don't see where it says that He did, or didn't.  Just because Scripture chooses to focus on one event, does not imply that others didn't happen.  I would be more inclined to believe that He did, because I can provide other examples in Scripture where is specifically says that He healed everyone, which shows to be His nature, than you could where He didn't because you cannot find a particular place where it shows AND SAYS that He didn't heal everyone.

Pulling up a verse that says "mighty works" does NOT imply healing...unless you're used to interpreting everything through "healing" lenses.

Not to mention, do you imply that physical healing is more mighty than bringing Salvation?  Why is it that you don't equate "mighty works" with Salvation, instead of "healing"?  Because you've been trained to see everything through he lenses of "healings". Through those glasses, salvation becomes ho hum, to the excitement and self exhalation of "healing" and "faith".

5) An organic disease is something which involves the destruction of body tissue. A headache, in and of itself, is not organic. It may be the result of an organic affliction, but doesn't have to be. The point was that Jesus' healings could be noticed and verified. A restored hand is noticed and verified. A blind eye is too. So, is a lifetime of paralysis. But a "headache" is not noticed by others and cannot be verified. A sore back, a toothache, or sore feet cannot be noticed by others and verified. The point is that Jesus, and the Apostles healed afflictions that were know, witnessed, and could be verified. Modern hucksters won't take the chance of "healing" an amputee, because they will either be shown to be a fraud, or will blame the afflicted if the amputated limb doesn't grow back.

6) Because once the body is dead they no longer occupy it. They have no faith to bring themselves back. Nor can they.

You really need to stop thinking God is a magic djinni to do your bidding.

You need to start having faith in God, not faith in "faith".

LOL - getting a bit offended aren't you?  i never said anything even close to God being my 'djinni' to do my bidding - i said that we follow His instructions according to His leading, just like Jesus did, who was our example - there can ben no faith outside of God's leading.  

you have many opinions, but few scriptures to back them up - so be it; we disagree

Edited by disciplehelovestoo

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

.......  Would you ask Jesus to heal anyone the Father didn't tell Him, or approve, to heal ? 

not sure what you're asking, or what you're driving at - i don't need to ask God to heal anyone any more than i need to ask God to save anyone - He's fully motivated to heal and save everyone, and has already made both healing and forgiveness available to everyone, and He's made that plain in His word - so plain that you have to have help to misunderstand that - but only those who believe and fight doubt receive.

is Jesus getting crucified every time that someone receives spiritual rebirth today?  or are they responding in faith to what He made available by grace at the cross over 2000 years ago?  do all receive spiritual rebirth?  or only those who believe and fight doubt?  and yet healing is somehow different???

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

John 5:19-20Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

19 Therefore, Yeshua said this to them: “Yes, indeed! I tell you that the Son cannot do anything on his own, but only what he sees the Father doing; whatever the Father does, the Son does too. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him everything he does;

John 5:19-20Amplified Bible (AMP)

19 So Jesus answered them by saying, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, the Son [a]can do nothing of Himself [of His own accord], unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever things the Father does, the Son [in His turn] also does in the same way. 20 For the Father dearly loves the Son and shows Him everything that He Himself is doing;

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

20 hours ago, PaulTimothy said:

I am currently. I am being mentored, originally this was for my own personal benefit, as I had bever been sick before in my life (nothing major anyway), but now I have this enormous desire to help destroy the suffering if others and equip them with the necessary tools for it themselves. 

Keep me posted please.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

11 hours ago, Ezra said:

God does allow Christians -- often very faithful Christians -- to remain sick, disabled, bedridden, or diseased. That is what we see all around us. One cannot automatically say "They have no faith therefore they are not healed".

As for "the gift of healing" is was present during the apostolic period but not today. If it was to be for today, every Bible church would have at least one genuine healer. Instead we find in James that Christians are to call for the elders and ask for the prayer of faith for their healing.

Of cause God will allow people to remain sick, He will allow what we allow, But those who believe God's word, Will ALWAYS be healed. It's not just a case of God's wanting to heal, Or His will, But He has sent Jesus to heal us, Just like He sent Jesus to remit our sins, We receive forgiveness by believing the Bible, And we should receive healing the same way.

Show me where the Bible says the gifts of healings has finished. You have made a statement, Now back it up with Scriptures.

Even if the gifts have ceased, Faith hasn't, and James says the pray of faith SHALL heal the sick.

10 hours ago, algots said:

No mean intent intended, but, objectively, if God want's everyone completely healed, why don't you have a full head of hair? Do you lack faith? Or does this mean you're not saved...if salvation includes healing?

Why doesn't what you promote apply to you?

[1]I don't want hair on my head, Even when I had hair, I kept it cropped, because I go running and it's easier and quicker to keep tidy and dry.

[2]Just supposing I want hair, put I didn't have faith for it, Dose that change God's word??. No.. You are looking at man's unbelief, Rather than God's truth.

6 hours ago, algots said:

Angry? Not at all.

However, your theology tells Jesus what he has to do. Thus making Him your personal djinni. Isn't it funny how your Jesus always seems to lead you to do the things you want to do?

Before you accuse others about their Scripture usage, I suggest you try to keep your usage in context. It's easy to pull out verses here and there to attempt to make Scripture, like Jesus, to say what you want, but keeping them in context allows the Bible to say what it means.

no, the scripture tells us that:

Mat 10:8 KJV
(8)  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

somehow i missed all the scripture that you provided in your posts, such as this one above...

it's too late to convince me; i've seen it in the scripture and am living the wonderful results - i'm not going to try and force you to be well, so you'll get the last word in your next post

27 minutes ago, algots said:

1) It's easy not to want that which you can't have. That's like "fasting" with an empty fridge and bare cupboards.  However, blaming another for their affliction or, because of their "lack of faith" is just plain wrong.

2) The faith is not in faith, but in God.  God's Word never says He's your personal djinni.

It's easy for people like you who don't know the Bible, to say what you say.

The Bible says God is our provider of all that we need, If we believe Him.

I never said we need faith in faith, because we need faith in God. If we want what God has provided for us.

16 minutes ago, algots said:

I don't know the Bible?  And how do you come to determine that?  Because I disagree with you?  You forget, you disagree with me, as well. Does that mean that you don't know the Bible?

To the contrary, I know the Bible better than you want me to.

Yes, God gives all that we need. And guess what? He determines what we need, not us.

No, you never verbally said we need faith in faith, but that's what it boils down to. If you don't have enough faith in the substance of faith you don't get what you want, but if you do, then you do. And don't try to bring up Hebrews 11 as a support. So, you have faith. You have you. You have everything in the equation, but God.  So, the most important factor is the only thing left out. And you increase either faith, or you into the role of God.  Either you determine what you need, or faith does, but never God. God decreases so you can increase. See the reversal?

If you knew the Bible, You wouldn't say what you have been saying.

People can be located as to where they are in knowledge of the Bible, by what they say.

And people can be located as to what they believe, by what they say.

You do disagree with me, And I give you scriptures, so you are disagreeing with God.

I disagree with you, because you disagree with the Bible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,332
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Alan there is deeper than the immediate ... The meditation of why The Son chose not to make bread for Himself,
even though it was at the point of the necessary of continuance here, is one of journey into The Heart of God's
Word and understanding God and His Truth of His Desire! We who have come to Jesus in repentance did so with
all that we were as unnecessary for Life Eternal and newness must be put into the place where the new being
resides within- accompanied by God The Holy Spirit Himself... God has adequately taught us that Life 'IS' in His
Son and the way is hard for it is of Spirit not of flesh that we travel there with Christ's continual leading through
The Holy Spirit utilizing Scripture as the blood supply of nutrients to all parts of the necessary to arrive at
destination...  hence the statement

Mt 4:4

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
KJV

In this very instance we see the pathway to not be of flesh but of s/Spirit and the desired essence of faith that
pleases God is formed from His Word as our hearts are molded to His Heart and His Ways to ours... it is here you
are slack in your understanding that God wants healing (physical) for everyone! It does not fit in with the leading
of Christ in His Word for it takes faith formed from His Word and places importance upon that which passes away
instead of that which shall never pass away... that is why Jesus is called the 'The True Bread'

Jn 6:32-37

32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
KJV

Alan if you are still with me here in this then you can truly see that your directives is to focus upon the immediate
and not upon the eternals... Our Father knows (if we have infirmity) we desire not to suffer but that is not the
most important aspect (!) >but< that which we have is used for His Glory and turn the hearts of the children of
Adam to become the children of God once more and this choice is not one of flesh but one of Spirit...
Love, Steven