bigape

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I felt the need to post this warning, because I just posted a thread that made the statement that, “our Spiritual lives start out with the knowledge that we need Jesus to pay for our sins and take us to heaven”.

This is a true statement, but it is not complete!

Yes, “knowledge” is needed to get saved, but WE ARE NOT SAVED BY KNOWLEDGE!  Billions of people will end up in hell, because they had a knowledge of who Jesus was and an understanding of the “method” of the way of salvation, but were never “born again”!

No one is saved, by “knowing how to get saved”!  Being saved is a Spiritual act, initiated by God.
------------------------
In life, we can only be born again, when the Lord is “convicting our hearts”, that we need to be saved.  Jesus said....
“No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:44)

We can only be saved, when “God is drawing us”!  Then, once you are Saved, you are in God’s hands and can never be lost again.

And, God promises to “draw” everyone.  Jesus also said....
“And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.” (John 12:32)
But, just being “drawn” doesn’t get us saved; We must respond to this drawing, by asking Jesus to save us.
------------------------
Therefore, if your salvation is based upon something you “know” or something you “have done”(like water baptism or church membership), than you do not have a “real(biblical), salvation”.

Jesus said.... “ye must be born again”!

Edited by bigape

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you can't be saved unless Jesus is your Lord....      and you can fight over how that happens all day long.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,266
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Not at least till you get over your illness :24: 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I was not told how to be saved, and never understood anything or what was going on in the catholic church , and then I was a so called born again Christian,

professing and claiming I am saved and I am with Jesus , I knew who Jesus was , but I did not know who I was in Jesus ,  then after a long time I pulled away as what we called back slidden , and I was in the world , not knowing or wanting anything to do with God and so forth, for I was  a born again Christian by label and my own thoughts, but I did not honor him as my savior, for what I did not know , was what it is to be a born again, and what my role was, to act like , or do, and so when I heard a pastor in a church one day talk,  I realize, what I was missing and what my response was to be, after many years , I went to church twice a week and bible study every mid week and I was going like I was on a mission, then what I did was learn to read the bible and ask questions, and then it came to me ,

I did not know God m but God knew me, I did not know what to do to really be saved but he reached down and saved me, I went back to the church and told them I now want to be baptized in public for now i know what I believe and why I believe and it was not something I did  by going to church, but to live the life and take on what the cost is , and my whole life is changed around, i know what it is to be saved, and God was there all along, but I walked away , and then I came back,

now I am able to share my experiences and studies with others, for it is about life, and decisions, that alter the course of your path , it is knowing that there is good , and evil in the world , and to follow Jesus is to be able to except if I be persecuted , or killed for his name sake I am ready , and I will always praise him in everything and in all cases,

many so called believers today , are not understanding what it is to be saved, or what the bible is all about, and so we all need to learn and grow into  a relationship with God, and know that He loves you , and he is always there, He will never leave you, but no one now days understands or is told , what is the cost, to follow Jesus .