• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

8 hours ago, ghtan said:

If what you say above is true, all the more reason God should have said, "I knew...." or "I am pleased that..." Instead he said, "Now I know..." The plain reading is that God did not know FOR SURE whether Abraham would obey.

That is the difference between humans and robots. God chose to put in us freewill so that he himself cannot know for certain what we would decide. Instead, he knows what we would do only in terms of probabilities. In this case, there was a strong chance that Abraham would disobey. Who would sacrifice his one and only son? Any one of us in Abraham's shoes would probably have said to ourselves, "No, God can't be expecting that of me; I must be hearing him wrong," and dismissed the instruction. Therefore when Abraham DID obey, God could correctly say "Now I know...." because it was at that point God knew for certain Abraham feared him enough to sacrifice his own son.  

Yes you are correct, but even though , we are making our own choices of free will God knows what the out come is going to be, but we as stewards of the word, and bondservants to God, we are lead by the spirit, to do in action, what we believe to be faith in Him, and if we keep  on believing ,and walk by faith ,and not by sight, then we also can be pleasing in Gods eyes, to do what is right .

and this is where we produce Good fruits, and this good fruits, is what shows , as the same as talents given , to them with more faith produce more fruit, but He /she with less faith produces less fruit, you will be known, by your fruits, and this is ,what we always need to work on, but it is by believing in the word, and by the faith of wanting to seek truth .we joyfully follow and abide in. and we are also able to bless the Lord, with our faith ,and hand to the plow, not looking back. keeping our eyes focused on Him,..,amen..

blessings to you ghtan