• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Something else that will help toss the habit: exercise. Odd as it might sound, I had much less trouble with cravings once I started using a mountain bike for part of my commute to work. The cravings were much easier to get past after a good ride on the bike. Changing the diet can help too.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings lifeszero.....

You are certainly confusing me,I'm not sure if it is all a joke to you or it is just your sense of humor,........

Fear is a biological safety mechanism that God gave man to ensure proper learning development

What is that?It does not even make any sense to anyone who stands on the Word of God,,,,,,,,the Word of God tells us time & time again to FEAR NOT,we are fearless because we are more than conquerors in Christ,He abides in us & we have nothing to fear,,,,,,,we Have FAITH,the complete opposite of fear

Fist off you have to want to quit smoking or that is the end of that ,,,,,is it a sin?Not for most but for some it may be,,,,,,,if it is laid on one's heart to give it up & they  directly disobey what God has required of them,,,,,,I suppose it would be a sin,a sin of disobedience........this would be a sin not leading to destruction of eternal life but certainly can destroy the temporal one?

I asked God to remove the taste from my mouth,poof,,,,,it was gone & I did not smoke for over 2 years,,,,,,,then one day I started again,again I prayed"Lord please remove the taste from my mouth",,,,,,,,,as loud & clear as could be I heard,,,,,"No,I already freely gave you that gift once,,,,this time you must work at it ,,,,,,"   Uh boy,it was not easy but God helped me through it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was a stop,start,stop,start for a long time,,,,,til this very day I still miss smoking                  You have my prayers if you serously want to try to quit                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings lifeszero.....

You are certainly confusing me,I'm not sure if it is all a joke to you or it is just your sense of humor,........

What is that?It does not even make any sense to anyone who stands on the Word of God,,,,,,,,the Word of God tells us time & time again to FEAR NOT,we are fearless because we are more than conquerors in Christ,He abides in us & we have nothing to fear,,,,,,,we Have FAITH,the complete opposite of fear

Fist off you have to want to quit smoking or that is the end of that ,,,,,is it a sin?Not for most but for some it may be,,,,,,,if it is laid on one's heart to give it up & they  directly disobey what God has required of them,,,,,,I suppose it would be a sin,a sin of disobedience........this would be a sin not leading to destruction of eternal life but certainly can destroy the temporal one?

I asked God to remove the taste from my mouth,poof,,,,,it was gone & I did not smoke for over 2 years,,,,,,,then one day I started again,again I prayed"Lord please remove the taste from my mouth",,,,,,,,,as loud & clear as could be I heard,,,,,"No,I already freely gave you that gift once,,,,this time you must work at it ,,,,,,"   Uh boy,it was not easy but God helped me through it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was a stop,start,stop,start for a long time,,,,,til this very day I still miss smoking                  You have my prayers if you serously want to try to quit                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

I think he means that if you touch the hot BBQ plate, and burn your finger, you'll be afraid to do it again.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Kan......

I have NO clue what he means,that's why I asked,,,,,,,it is the odd comments here & there(not only on this thread) that has me scratching my head,,,,,,,we'll see,it does take time to get to know a person,,,,,,,,,,,,we all do have our little quirks-lol                Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

You likely know the reasons why quitting is essential, health, etc.  The thing is you need to know how.  I quit 40 years ago after ten years of steady smoking  and have never gone back.  I do remember how painful the withdrawal was but after a few weeks I began to have more energy and got better than I ever felt when smoking.  The hard part was not to give into temptation and go back to smoking especially in all the old places where I smoked most.  Just a small example..I would light up every time I made a phone call.  So for some time I didn't make calls or simply asked someone else to do it.  Sounds too simple but the thing is to get yourself out of the old habits which can make the impulse so strong.   It may also help to talk face to face with a former smoker who is also a believer in the healing and deliverance power of Jesus, someone who will not make you feel condemned or a big sinner because you have been a smoker.  Mainly pray, pray, pray.  Christ in you will overcome this and then you can work out without losing breathing power.  Face exercise gradually.  I started walking and eventually learned to ski and took up serious mountain biking.  I am convinced had I not quit when I did I wouldn't be here today since my relatives who smoked all had early deaths.  My brother who has never smoked is 92 years old and doing well.