IGNORED

The seven year Peace treaty, is it true or false ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Yes it is true. Just recently the first time in over 2000 years two witnesses in Israel appeared before the Sandhedrin to introduce the new year, and this year being one of 13 months according to the Jewish Calendar which prophecy evolves from. That is to mark the start of the seven years for the New Year with the Tetrade... the four blood moons which we just completed with March 10, 2016 being the fourth blood moon of this year. Next to appear is the 2 witnesses to be present in Israel, and they will be separate from the 2 that appeared before the Sandhedrin. Blessings and tc 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

Well, yes, it is true, because a covenant is an agreement with two parts.  On the other hand, no, It is not said to be a "peace treaty" - however, that would also be an agreement with two parts, and that would suffice the language in Daniel 9:27.

The one 'seven' is not confirmed, but one which is prevailed.  

gabar as an adjective means to be firm, but as a verb it means to prevail, and in the Bible in one stem, it is used for an arrogant man standing up defiantly in the face of God.  That does not have a good connotation for the word, unlike how we think of "confirm".  An excellent example of what type of action gabar means is when the Israeli Army forcibly evicted Jews from the Gaza Strip to comply with "The Roadmap" which is a plan by European-type powers to bring peace to the Holy Land.

Jesus did not prevail (by might) a limited 7-year covenant.  It is still in force nearly 2000 years later.  It does have a "last call" provision and so the offer of Grace through Faith will eventually expire though...  You can read about that in Revelation 14:7.  This happens right before the gathering from the clouds, which is the Harvest of the Saints.

Any Preterist notion that the covenant was made during Jesus' time is extremely weak and in my opinion, nonsensical.  I defy anyone to name chapter and verse as to when Jesus instituted a proper Biblical God-ordained covenant at the beginning of His Ministry.  Now He did make one - right at the end of it on the eve of His Crucifixion: the New Covenant.  The Covenant Jesus made at the Last Supper has two parts.  If we do our part, God is faithful to save us from His coming Wrath.  Jesus was not the Abomination - that is revealed in Rev 13:14-15 as a talking idol.  This will, along with the Man of Perdition, be set up in the Temple, which has yet to be built.  The Preterist notion that the one 'seven' ended with Stephen's stoning is also nonsensical.  None of the New Testament authors ever cite his death as ending anything.

The one 'seven' covenant can be set apart from the seven and sixty-two 'sevens' by the language found in both Daniel 9:27 and 9:26.

Each has an "end" to it, and those two ends overlap: they are one and the same "end."  Thus while the end is poured out on the desolator, so too does it come at the end of three other conditions: 1. The cutting off (karat) which happened to Jesus on the Cross, 2. The destruction of the Temple - some forty years later (and not directly afterward either, so thus, even in some Preterist notions, they insert a gap of time) and 3. the end of war - and we have had war for over 2000 years.  

War continues to the end, and right now we are at the verge of the last human struggle - North versus South: European humanism versus Satanic Islam.  The War on Terror is the basis for the final conflict.  The struggle between the ungodly North and the ungodly religion from Hell will result (with God's help) World War III - the sixth Trumpet / second Woe.  War will only end at Armageddon.  There will be no war for the Millennium.  Only with the conclusion of the Sabbath Millennium so that all (that is applicable) of Israel will be saved - is Satan unleashed, and the final, and short-lived, seventh head of the dragon beast of a nation (itself a spiritual entity) does war begin again - however, it will have an abrupt and terrible end.

Why do I say the end is poured out on the desolator?  God's Wrath is directed at entities, and is never directed at conditions.  God's Wrath comes in the form of desolations, but ultimately is directed at the one man who will gain the whole world but lose his soul - indeed, he will be judged before God and thrown bodily, while still in his flesh - into Hell itself.  This judgment is referenced at the end of the one 'seven' in Revelation 11:18.  The language in Daniel 9:27 also is revealed as being literal with the Bowl, or Vial Judgments - which are also "poured out."  God has a Plan, and that Plan is solid, and it will be fulfilled.  (Indeed, it is recorded on the Scroll which only Jesus can open.)

• The one 'seven' has yet to begin.
  • Look for an amalgamation of the northern hemisphere in some sort of federated super-state.
  • When the little horn initiates and prevails this covenant - one result will be the building of the third Temple.
  • When you see this, you can know the one 'seven' has begun.  In addition, 
  • when this happens - you have three and a half years of oppression to endure, and time to prepare for even worse = the Great Tribulation.

Edited by Marcus O'Reillius

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

As I believe, if the “He” in Daniel 9:27 is referencing Jesus Christ, then this part of the verse is certainly the most advantageous for believers to understand. Therefore, this very notion confronts all with two questions that must be asked.

1.   What “covenant” was the Lord Jesus confirming?

2.   How did He confirm it; by word, deed, or both?

Even if it is only a possibility that Jesus is this “He” in Daniel 9:27, then an true student of God’s word must admit that these are legitimate questions that need to be asked if they are to be honest in their search of the Truth. Furthermore, if Jesus is indeed this “He” then there must be biblical answers to all these questions which demand one’s prayerful consideration.

So the first question again, what is the “covenant” that Jesus was confirming? I would assert it is that “promise of certainty” which righteous Job hoped in and wrote the following.

Job 19:25 - For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: 26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: 27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

The promise to which Job clings is that of a bodily resurrection; and not just Jesus’ resurrection, but the resurrection of all who love Him as well. Who can deny that this promise/covenant was one that Jesus was constantly confirming to His disciples?

Matthew 5:8 - Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live… 26 For as the Father hath life in Himself; so hath He given to the Son to have life in Himself; 27 And hath given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39 - And this is the Father’s will which hath sent Me, that of all which He hath given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him that sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:23 - Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. 24 Martha saith unto Him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 14:19 - Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in My Father, and ye in Me, and I in you.

This very covenant preceded the birth of Jesus, as it was revealed through the prophets of old and recorded in the scriptures; the very scriptures from which both Jesus and the Apostles authoritatively preached this very gospel.

Isaiah 25:8 - He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. 9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.

Isaiah 26:19 - Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Ezekiel 37:12 - Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O My people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Job 14:12 - So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. 13 O that Thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that Thou wouldest keep me secret, until Thy wrath be past, that Thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. 15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer Thee: Thou wilt have a desire to the work of Thine hands.

Psalm 16:9 - Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. 10 For Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt Thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in Thy presence is fulness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Psalm 17:15 - As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.

Hosea 13:14 - I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from Mine eyes.

These are the scriptures from which Saul was trained as a Pharisee. Therefore, after his encounter with the resurrected Lord and Savior resulting in his own conversion, it would be with great conviction that Paul would have continued with the authority of scripture confirming this very covenant as he boldly preached the certainty of it through the Gospel of the sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Do we not see this apostle to the Gentiles constantly confirming to all men that this covenant was not only to Jews, but to all who loved the Lord Jesus Christ?

Romans 6:5 - For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him.

I Corinthians 6:14 - And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by His own power.

I Corinthians 13:12 - For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I Corinthians 15:12 - Now if Christ be preached that He rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ: whom He raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at His coming.

II Corinthians 4:13 - We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 14 Knowing that He which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

II Corinthians 5:1 - For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 5 Now He that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. 6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of Him.

Philippians 3:10 - That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; 11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

It is because of these scriptures that, as I stated in my last post, I believe Daniel 9:27 is referring to Jesus; who as we see in the verse above that through His ministry, death, and resurrection He was constantly confirming the covenant of a resurrection of the righteous into immortality and glory..

Likewise, the Apostle John also faithfully confirms the certainty of God’s covenant of a resurrection of the saints in his open thesis on the deity of Jesus as the Christ.

1 John 3:2 - Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

Now the second question I presented was "how" did Jesus confirm this promise/covenant of a literal bodily resurrection? By word, deed, or both? Not only did He confirm the covenant as we saw above in word, but also with His own bodily resurrection as well. For by His resurrection Jesus Christ proved that not only did He have the power to raise Himself from the dead, but others too.

Matthew 27:52 - And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

John 20:25 - The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe. 26 And after eight days again His disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith He to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold My hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into My side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God!

Romans 1:4 - And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

Again, I stand upon what I said.
1. There is no Biblical, God-ordained, quid-pro-quo covenant ever expressed at the beginning of Jesus' Covenant.
2. The word gabar, badly translated by scribes working by candlelight 400 years ago, is not a positive affirmation.

Theologically, Jesus' New Covenant, which is Biblically God-ordained with a two-party quid-pro-quo arrangement is not limited to seven years.

Grammatically, the third person pronoun used in lexical conjugation of gabar, which as a verb means to prevail, often by military might, relates to the last person mentioned.
That person is the prince (not messiah) who will come, the prince whose people destroy the city and the sanctuary - which was done by Titus with the first Jewish Revolt.

The little horn, of Rome, will prevail by military might, a limited 7-year covenant.
In the first half of that covenant, the Temple will be rebuilt [Rev 11:2] (by gentiles, like how the Rothchilds built the Israeli Supreme Court) - and, 
The ruler who will come (from Rome) will oppress the Saints, the Elect [Rev 13:7].

The false prophet, who is aligned with the little horn anti-Christ, will initiate a violation of the covenant when he 'rains fire down' [Rev 13:13].
In response, the little horn rushes southward like a flood [Dan 11:40-41] to punish this egregious violation of the covenant, overrunning the "white-washed walls" [Ezk 13:10; 38:7-16] and unwalled villages.
The little horn anti-Christ will surround Jerusalem [Dan 11:45 & Luke 21:20] and those in Judea to the south not yet overrun, will flee [Mt 24:16].

As tribute to the conquering prince who will come from the people who destroyed the city and the sanctuary, the false prophet arranges a tribute to the little horn:
An abomination - a talking image of the beast of a man, the little horn, the anti-Christ who shall come, will be erected within the Temple [Dan 9:27; Mt 24:15; 2Th 2:4; Rev 13:14-15]
WITH this coronation, where the Man of Perdition is revealed, he proclaims himself to be God [2Th 2:4].
And the false prophet, now openly aligned, institutes two laws which make the Great Tribulation so terrible for the Church: the Elect.

• Worship or die
  • Take the mark of the beast or you can't buy or sell (no food, shelter, utilities, transportation; and no paycheck).

This time of Great Tribulation will be shortened for the sake of the Elect [Mt 24:22].
This shortening is not the rest of the three and a half years, but is a farming term for "docking" an animals tail - to a stub; this time will not last long.
However, many will be martyred... and in losing their life for their faith, they gain eternal life forever [Mt 10:39; 16:25; Mk 8:35; Lk 9:24].
We are instructed NOT to follow either of the two laws lest we lose our inheritance (the five foolish virgins). [Rev 14:9-12]

Then the Day of the Lord arrives, [Mt 24:29]
Jesus descends as He went up, [Mt 24:30; Acts 1:11]
The Dead in Christ rise first, [1Th 4:15; 1Co 15:51; 1Th 4:16]
Jesus traverses the earth (east to west) with those Saints from Paradise [1Th 3:13]
And we are gathered up from all over the earth. [Mt 24:31; 2Th 2:1]
Resulting in a Great Multitude of souls before the Father in His Temple in Heaven. [Rev 7:9-17]

The rest of the second half of the one 'seven' is reserved for God's Wrath as written in Revelation chapters 8 and 9, and picking up again in 11:14-19 with the end being "poured out" in Revelation chapter 16.
We are not there for that...    

Christians are instructed to verify the accuracy of any theology being promoted as biblical and taught in the name of Jesus Christ, it is wisdom to always look for at least a second and possibly third scriptural confirmation to support the text from which any theology is being taught. That is why I created the list below of the various seven year periods mentioned in the Bible, though excluding referenced in genealogy records. To keep the list reasonably short only a brief description is given with the scripture references alone provided.

1.        There are two separate seven year periods which Jacob labored for Rachael. The first in which he was tricked and given Leah instead, followed by the next seven years after which he indeed received Rachael, (Genesis 29:18-28).

2.        The seven years of plenty and the seven years of famine with Joseph in Egypt, (Genesis 41).

3.        Six years the Jews were permitted to sow their land and gather in the fruits thereof. But the seventh being the sabbatical Shemitah year in which they were to let the land rest that the poor people may eat and what remained was for the beasts of the field, (Leviticus 25:2-7).

4.        Seven times the seven Sabbath years to the Year of Jubilee, (Leviticus 25:8).

5.        The time to build the city of Hebron, (Numbers 13:22).

6.        At the end of six years when a Hebrew had been sold into servitude, they were to be released and set free at the beginning of the sabbatical Shemitah year, (Deuteronomy 15:1, 31:10).

7.        Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian for seven years, (Judges 6:1).

8.        The young bullock that Gideon used to throw down the altar of Baal was seven years old, (Judges 6:25).

9.        Jephthah judged Israel seven years, (Judges 12:9).

10.    The seven years of famine under David and Samuel, (II Samuel 24:13).

11.    David reigned seven years in Hebron (I Kings 2:11).

12.    The seven years of famine with Elisha. (II Kings 8:1-2).

13.    The seven years of burning weapons after the war with Gog and Magog, which if there is a seven-year tribulation immediately before the return of Christ, then this war needs to occur before then. (Ezekiel 39:9.)

14.    Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years, (Luke 2:36).

Of all these, only number 7 might remotely be construed as a seven-year tribulation period. still, there is no mention of a great war, or a slaughtering of the Jews, only that they fled and hid in caves and were greatly impoverished. This is hardly a type and shadow of what is taught as the Great Tribulation. So where is the scriptural reference Daniel 9:27 is referencing a seven-year tribulation?

Daniel’s seventieth week period is the only “seven year” scriptural reference that I am aware of used foundationally for the theology of the “seven year tribulation.” Yet according to the popular understanding of this theology it is being widely promoted with the division “in the midst of the week” being when the antichrist supposedly does away with the animal sacrifices that (again, supposedly) will be reinstated in a yet to be built third temple in Jerusalem.

I am fully aware that since seven years divided by two equals three and a half years, it must be acknowledged that there are also several three and a half year periods mentioned in scriptures; referred to as “time, times, and half of time,” 42 months, or periods of 1260 days, 1290 days, and 1335 days. With all these segments of time recorded in scripture, it is not surprising there has always been a curiosity as to what these times meant. But we all know this has repeatedly resulted in untold amounts of exhaustive calculations having been made in vain attempts to learn just when they might occur. It amazes me the extreme lengths some of these would be teacchers and prophets have labored to prove they know the dates of these times and when they will occur when scripture clearly states the revelation for some of them are sealed until the end. That means God must reveal it, and He will in His time. That is why we need to be careful in our theologies. Here’s an example of why.

II Thessalonians 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

The above verse is widely taught in Christendom today as referencing an end-time antichrist world leader figure. However, when researching old protestant commentaries, even the widely trusted Matthew Henry Commentary, it is hard to find one who fails to relate this “son of perdition” to the position of the papacy, or the succession of popes of Roman Catholicism.

Some commentators, like the Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary printed in 1871, recognize this verse as ultimately being fully realized in an individual “whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming.” However, they too affiliate this verse with the papacy position, but to the end that there would be one pope, the last pope in the latter days, which would with greater boldness oppose the Lord, His word and Jesus the Christ openly.

“Doubtless "the apostasy" of Romanism (the abstract) is one of the greatest instances of the working of the mystery of iniquity, and its blasphemous claims for the Pope are forerunners of the final concentration of blasphemy in the man of sin, who shall not merely, as the Pope, usurp God’s honor as vicegerent of God, but oppose God openly at last.”

Sadly, many believers nowadays are ignorant of is that this theology which is being widely taught and accepted by non-Catholics concerning the antichrist rebuilding the temple and becoming a world leader has its origin with a French monk known as Adso of Montier-en-Der who died in 992 A.D. whose most famous work was his “Letter to Queen Gerberga on the Place and Time of Antichrist,” which became known as the “Little Book on the Antichrist.” What is being taught today by Protestants is what he taught over a 1000 years ago to refute what they (Protestants) were teaching then.

So just who has influenced and converted who? Beecause this theology which was so articulated over a thousand years ago by a Catholic monk, once rejected by essentially every protestant commentator who sought to defend the truth with their pen has now become popular opinion among the Christian masses. Back then they acknowledged Paul’s speaking in II Thessalonians 2:3 of “a falling away first” was in it’s true context referencing the rise of Roman Catholicism, and “that man of sin… the son of perdition” as the succession of popes.

But like Paul shared the warning of the Holy Spirit, the time has come when men can no longer endure sound doctrine…

2Timothy 4:3 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

The OP questions whether the "seven-year peace treaty is true or false."

This is in reference to Daniel 9:24-27 which delineates Gabriel's message from God concerning Daniel's "people" and his Holy City.
As far as Holy City, there is only one in the Bible which meets that definition: Jerusalem.
As to Daniel's "people" many assume this only can mean the Jews, however the Man in Linen (whom I think is Jesus) said this:

"at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book," [Daniel 12:1]

If we use this Biblical definition for Daniel's people, it would include the Church.  This means that the message Gabriel conveyed has a wider application than many think and believe.

So while we can debate on whether the covenant is or is not a "peace treaty" (which suffices for the definition of a covenant) one thing ought to be dispelled:

3 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

Daniel’s seventieth week period is the only “seven year” scriptural reference that I am aware of used foundationally for the theology of the “seven year tribulation.”

The one 'seven' is NEVER termed the "Tribulation Period" in the Bible.

The ONLY place where the Great Tribulation is defined is by Jesus in the Olivet Discourse.

Mt 24:15 "Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place ( let the reader understand), ...21 For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. 22 Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. ...29 "But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 

The Great Tribulation only begins at the midpoint abomination.
The Great Tribulation is abruptly cut short like a stub of a docked animal's tail.
The Great Tribulation is cut short by the otherwise unexpected, unknown, Day of the Lord's precursor sun/moon/star sign.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

1 hour ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

The OP questions whether the "seven-year peace treaty is true or false."

This is in reference to Daniel 9:24-27 which delineates Gabriel's message from God concerning Daniel's "people" and his Holy City.
As far as Holy City, there is only one in the Bible which meets that definition: Jerusalem.
As to Daniel's "people" many assume this only can mean the Jews, however the Man in Linen (whom I think is Jesus) said this:

"at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book," [Daniel 12:1]

If we use this Biblical definition for Daniel's people, it would include the Church.

Literally "all your people having been found having been written in the book" --why wouldn't this be referring to OT saints?

2 hours ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

The Great Tribulation only begins at the midpoint abomination.

There is only one abomination.

25 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Literally "all your people having been found having been written in the book" --why wouldn't this be referring to OT saints?

Sure.  But it would also include all of the Church as well.
The language does not only point to those in the past - but to Daniel as well and he will enjoy his "inheritance" just as we do ours.

The "books are opened" in Daniel 7:10.
While the language is set in the past tense, the action is prophetically future-oriented.
This event is tied to the end.
Thus, I consider that the Dead in Christ must first be accounted, and so too, the Elect who are still upon the earth who have survived the Great Tribulation, so that when that gathering up comes, only the Righteous are gathered.

There are only two options: in the Book of Life or not.
The Bible is replete with antitheses - Heaven or Hell; Righteous or Wicked; Jesus or Satan.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

4 hours ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:
4 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Sure.  But it would also include all of the Church as well.
The language does not only point to those in the past - but to Daniel as well and he will enjoy his "inheritance" just as we do ours.

I was pressed for time on a library computer, and quoted a bit too hastily: more accurate translation, "your people shall be delivered, all [those] having been found being written in the book." Yes, those written in this book/record of the saints will later include the Church; but that is not the antecedent of "your Daniel's people" in this passage. Rather, the two concluding participles are in the past tense, not the future. You are imposing a meaning on the text about the Church being Daniel's people that is simply not there. Gabriel is speaking to Daniel about the Israelite people of his time. To the OT prophets, the Church was a mystery never revealed, because that revelation was saved for Paul to bring forth.