• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, ayin jade said:

For the first scripture, you spread plenty of false witness, too much to be so readily accusing others of it. 

For the second, the context of that is that the aliens are to live in peace among you. If they do not live in peace, then they need to be dealt with. Per scripture. Also, that applied to Israel not to Christians. Again, in context. 

Others have mentioned how you like to accuse via scripture, and twist scripture. Add me to the list of those who have noticed how readily you do that.

Blimey, I’m a little surprised to hear that people care to talk about me. However, rest assured that I find some of your ways of reading the Bible just as twisted and ‘unchristian’ as you find my mine twisted.

One thing is certain: scripture doesn’t always tell us what we want to hear. Whenever we don’t want to hear it, we like to think that it’s not directed at us. And if Mt 22:37-40 (the two highest commandments) isn’t high up in the list of our favorite verses to contemplate, Mt 5:44 is probably right at the bottom. Sad.

There’s an amplitude of verses telling us that God wants people to be kind to strangers and foreigners and to defend the rights of the weakest in society, but I suppose you’ll tell me none of them apply to us Christians today, not even the ones from the New Testament (see for example Romans 12:13, Hebrews 13:2). If you choose to ignore them, you ignore them at your own peril (Mt 25:31-46).

Love,

junobet

Edited by junobet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86
  • Days Won:  0

On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Thallasa said:

Is it time for another crusade  ?

Being in Europe yourself, what do you think?  Can Europe's culture be saved?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

2 hours ago, OakWood said:

You know little of scripture and you know even less about Islam. Your words have confirmed that.

Really?  Making such pronouncements makes it so?    

Why not explain your position from scripture rather than attack someone else?

Guest Thallasa
On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 6:54 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Being in Europe yourself, what do you think?  Can Europe's culture be saved?

SS ,Although Islamist extremists are a real threat ,that is not our greatest threat ,but cheap Capitalism is . It is like a cancer which eats up our best culture, in food ,music ,literature and education in general . It is everywhere  making everything at the lowest common denominator . Instead of learning from, and about,  experienced Europes great culture ,and from her mistakes too, evangelicals become part of the problem ; they do not recognise it is their culture which is destroying the rest of the world , just like the Taliban and others . 

Guest Thallasa
On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:10 PM, junobet said:

Blimey, I’m a little surprised to hear that people care to talk about me. However, rest assured that I find some of your ways of reading the Bible just as twisted and ‘unchristian’ as you find my mine twisted.

One thing is certain: scripture doesn’t always tell us what we want to hear. Whenever we don’t want to hear it, we like to think that it’s not directed at us. And if Mt 22:37-40 (the two highest commandments) isn’t high up in the list of our favorite verses to contemplate, Mt 5:44 is probably right at the bottom. Sad.

There’s an amplitude of verses telling us that God wants people to be kind to strangers and foreigners and to defend the rights of the weakest in society, but I suppose you’ll tell me none of them apply to us Christians today, not even the ones from the New Testament (see for example Romans 12:13, Hebrews 13:2). If you choose to ignore them, you ignore them at your own peril (Mt 25:31-46).

Love,

junobet

I will agree with that ,up to this point . Society is different today in the west and there is a lot of formal structures like universal free education ,some welfare and so on which did not exist then . And we are not told to make someones life easy ,but to help them , that is give a helping hand ,not a lifestyle , which many expect nowadays .

It is quite funny how some people who expect this lifestyle, use Jesus to excuse their laziness and demand from others .

55 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

SS ,Although Islamist extremists are a real threat ,that is not our greatest threat ,but cheap Capitalism is . It is like a cancer which eats up our best culture, in food ,music ,literature and education in general . It is everywhere  making everything at the lowest common denominator . Instead of learning from, and about,  experienced Europes great culture ,and from her mistakes too, evangelicals become part of the problem ; they do not recognise it is their culture which is destroying the rest of the world , just like the Taliban and others .

Europe won't have a culture after Islamic Extremists are through.  Isis and Islamic Extremists are destroying the culture of countries they take land from.  This is a long-term game they are playing.  Enjoy Europe while there still is one.

Guest shiloh357
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:10 AM, junobet said:

Love,

junobet

We are to be kind to strangers want to live in peace and assimilate into our society and be one of us.   But those who come here who want to change our way of life and want us to ban parts of our culture that they don't agree with in order to appease their sensitivities...   We don't have to live in peace with them.   They need to leave and go live somewhere else.   We are not going to change our ways, our country, and forsake our traditions just to appease some foreigner.   And if they want to force us to change, and force their culture on us, we can deal with them in ways that will be rather unpleasant.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Capitalism blew up the twin towers in 9/11? Capitalism shot up a paris concernt? I missed that in the news.

You made an accusation that americans follow a false gospel. What is the gospel in your opinion? Please correct this american.

Guest Thallasa
5 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Europe won't have a culture after Islamic Extremists are through.  Isis and Islamic Extremists are destroying the culture of countries they take land from.  This is a long-term game they are playing.  Enjoy Europe while there still is one.

I agree with the balanced attitude of your post ,but appart from inhibiting immigation what can we do . Well we could let them be ruled by their own 'dictators' who can run the countries better than we can ,instead of interfering ,and making refugees . No, an Islamic state does not appeal to me ,but neither does an American one ,and it is America which has nuclear warheads in Europe ,everywhere .

2 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

I agree with the balanced attitude of your post ,but appart from inhibiting immigation what can we do . Well we could let them be ruled by their own 'dictators' who can run the countries better than we can ,instead of interfering ,and making refugees . No, an Islamic state does not appeal to me ,but neither does an American one ,and it is America which has nuclear warheads in Europe ,everywhere .

Isn't Russia still in Europe or has it moved?  Isn't the UK and France still considered to be in Europe or has Europe been redefined.  France was testing nuclear weapons when I was growing up and I'm 66!  I'm glad I'm in a free country.  It's our strength and willingness to use it that keeps the US free.  I guess we could have left Europe handle their own affairs in World War II.