IGNORED

Pope calls for worldwide abolition of death penalty

missmuffet

1 hour ago, Thallasa said:

You have taken over the site, already . I don't care for your opinion as it is biased .

Everyone considers the opinions of others as biased don't you think? TLF has contributed some wonderful posts here IMO. Though I do disagree with her on this point. Simply because you disagree with her is no cause to accuse her.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Unless you have been a victim of a criminal, or the family of someone who was seriously harmed by a criminal, you do not know the motivation behind it. You are merely speculating from your point of view. 

When my brother in law was murdered, surprisingly revenge was not a part of my reaction to his murderer. I only wanted him to be in a position where he could not harm anyone else. 

In a well run prison he couldn’t harm anybody else. However, I read your previous post on your brother in law having been murdered, and I tip my hat to you for changing your mind on the death penalty. It shows that the bigger our faith in the one who forgave our sins, the greater our capacity for forgiveness. Nobody has ever murdered a loved one of mine – and the chances for that ever happening are slim, seeing that the murder rates in my country (that does not have the death penalty) are pretty low in comparison to the US. But I have been hurt in my life. In my experience forgiveness does not only hold healing powers for the forgiven but also for the one who forgives. Praying for you and your family in your mourning,

love,

junobet

6 hours ago, Thallasa said:

You could say that in paying the price for their sin , murder , they reconcile with God . 

Whatever happened to being saved by grace?

Dunno about you, but I was taught that Christ paid the price for our sin.

4 hours ago, Thallasa said:

What about  your lower instincts ?  Do they force you to go onto a site you have just joined , to Accuse people ?  Who do you think you are, accusing people like no one else , and using bible quotes, to hide your liberal  stance,  mixing it up with being a christian one ?

I fear it’s you who is quite openly displaying a far right stance in spite of the Bible. If your personal Christian conscience allows you to support the death penalty, so be it. But remember that whichever measure we judge others with is the measure we will be judged with ourselves (Mt. 7:1-2)

Love,

junobet

Just now, Davida said:

Do you think that everyone is saved regardless if they have repented and accepted Jesus as their Lord & Saviour

Read the post I answered to and you will see how misplaced this question is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

7 hours ago, Thallasa said:

You could say that in paying the price for their sin , murder , they reconcile with God . 

They cannot reconcile with God through anything on their own. Only through the blood of Christ can they reconcile with God. 

30 minutes ago, junobet said:

In a well run prison he couldn’t harm anybody else. However, I read your previous post on your brother in law having been murdered, and I tip my hat to you for changing your mind on the death penalty. It shows that the bigger our faith in the one who forgave our sins, the greater our capacity for forgiveness. Nobody has ever murdered a loved one of mine – and the chances for that ever happening are slim, seeing that the murder rates in my country (that does not have the death penalty) are pretty low in comparison to the US. But I have been hurt in my life. In my experience forgiveness does not only hold healing powers for the forgiven but also for the one who forgives. Praying for you and your family in your mourning,

love,

junobet

Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, Davida said:

So what is your answer to my question?

Davida, junobet's response was towards thallasa who seems to think that someone on death row can pay for their sins through their own death and not through Christ. 

22 minutes ago, Davida said:

So what is your answer to my question?

I’m a bog standard Lutheran fully subscribing to sola gratia and sola fide. What about you? Do you think that anybody can be saved by making up for their sins by personal suffering such as the post I answered to suggested?

18 minutes ago, Davida said:

My question was separate from your comment to the previous poster.  As for me -- what do you think?  I've posted it all over WCF

So did I. I take it then that you agree that we are saved by grace and through faith in Christ who paid for our sins on the cross? Good.

Which begs the question: is it possible, that you blindly disagree with all of my posts just for the sake of disagreeing with them?

Edited by junobet