IGNORED

Is there such thing as a lukewarm Christian (a Christian, not a churchgoer)?

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

I would recommend if someone has fears they are not saved and fear they may be lukewarm and are in danger of being spewed out of the Lords mouth. Go to Him ask for what you know you lack. He is faithful to complete the works He starts in us. I also would recommend if you have discerned a Christian is lukewarm and you love them and fear they could be in danger of being spewed out of The Lords mouth then earnestly pray the Lord provide them with all they need to be secure on the narrow path to eternal life. Now if you discern a person may be in a sheep's cover but is inwardly a ravaging wolf Then i recommend you love them enough to let them hate you and make sure "repent" is included in the good news you share and the power of repentance for them is one of your petitions before the Lord. I'm not a Pastor or a scholar of the word but I do know all good comes from the Lord so going to Him is a sure place to receive what we need for salvation and avoid being spewed out of His mouth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1975

i think some people get tired of all the nonsense that tends to go on at church. People being fake, things in the church that are not in order and things of that sort

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

17 minutes ago, Gargamel Bojangles said:

i think some people get tired of all the nonsense that tends to go on at church. People being fake, things in the church that are not in order and things of that sort

lol I get tired of the nonsense everywhere. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 24/02/2016 at 3:34 PM, thereselittleflower said:

And I think the answer is yes, a genuine christian can be lukewarm, for why would Christ have anyone other than a genuine Christian in His mouth?

That is just a figure of speech.  People take it too far. What it means is that those who are not genuine Christians make Christ sick to His stomach.

Hot = genuine Christian

Cold = unbeliever

Lukewarm = false professor claiming to be Christian

How do we know that lukewarm = false professor?  Just look at the description in Rev 3:17.  Since genuine believers are clothed with the righteousness of Christ, they cannot be deemed "naked".  And the same applies to all the other terms.

At the same time "carnal" Christians may be termed "lukewarm" since they allow the flesh to control them.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

That is just a figure of speech.  People take it too far. What it means is that those who are not genuine Christians make Christ sick to His stomach.

Hot = genuine Christian

Cold = unbeliever

Lukewarm = false professor claiming to be Christian

How do we know that lukewarm = false professor?  Just look at the description in Rev 3:17.  Since genuine believers are clothed with the righteousness of Christ, they cannot be deemed "naked".  And the same applies to all the other terms.

At the same time "carnal" Christians may be termed "lukewarm" since they allow the flesh to control them.

Well we have a difference of interpretation here. :)

16 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Well we have a difference of interpretation here. :)

All you have to do is remember that genuine Christians are members of Christ's Body.  How can they therefore be (figuratively) in His mouth to be "spewed out"?  Even those who may be lukewarm (lackadaisical) are still members of His body (of His flesh and of His bones).  

But those who are unsaved can be "spewed out" with the words "Depart from me, for I never knew you".  Those are the ones who are blind and naked. Those are the ones who are admonished to obtain clothing and eye salve. Those are the ones found with Christ knocking at the doors of their hearts.

Just now, Ezra said:

All you have to do is remember that genuine Christians are members of Christ's Body.  How can they therefore be (figuratively) in His mouth to be "spewed out"?  Even those who may be lukewarm (lackadaisical) are still members of His body (of His flesh and of His bones).  

But those who unsaved can be "spewed out" with the words "Depart from me, for I never knew you".  Those are the ones who are blind and naked. Those are the ones who are admonished to obtain clothing and eye salve. Those are the ones found with Christ knocking at the doors of their hearts.

How are unsaved in the mouth of Jesus?

12 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

How are unsaved in the mouth of Jesus?

Because they claim to be Christians and really are not. "Spewing" means vomiting, therefore the false Christians make Christ "sick" (in a manner of speaking). But then He also offers them the remedy -- genuine salvation where His righteousness ("white raiment) covers their spiritual nakedness, and the anointing of the Holy Spirit (eyesalve) removes their blindness.

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

28 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Because they claim to be Christians and really are not. "Spewing" means vomiting, therefore the false Christians make Christ "sick" (in a manner of speaking). But then He also offers them the remedy -- genuine salvation where His righteousness ("white raiment) covers their spiritual nakedness, and the anointing of the Holy Spirit (eyesalve) removes their blindness.

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

I don't believe they are unsaved Ezra.

2 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

I don't believe they are unsaved Ezra.

Then you need some eyesalve.