• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 25/02/2016 at 7:21 AM, JohnD said:

To spare us all the conclusions some might jump to... this is all TRINITARIAN theology.

That's the only theology from Scripture.

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,655
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, Ezra said:

That's the only theology from Scripture.

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

I agree.

My only purpose in mentioning it was to put anyone at ease who might mistake what I was posting as anything else. That's all. :cool:

14 hours ago, Eha said:

does it really matter? but answer is yes.

Jesus say, that faith alone dont save.

1. The only thing that "matters" is faith in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 7:21–23 (AV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

John 6:28–29 (AV)

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

The people Jesus mentioned in Matthew 7 did not believe in him. The truth about their claims is not even a matter of debate. For if they had actually done what they claimed in Jesus' name, it was to honor Jesus name that God (who performs the miracles) did them. This was not a sign of their faith or of their testimony. God can use signs in that way today as he did in the past (before the scriptures were complete and canonized). But the scriptures serve as that sign now and as the authority on earth. And they tell us that faith in Jesus is all that matters regarding salvation.

2. Faith in Christ Jesus alone DOES save.

Or more to the point, it activates the salvation Jesus paid for all mankind. All mankind has the potential to be saved. But only faith in Jesus activates that salvation.

1 Timothy 4:10 (AV)

10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

1 John 2:2 (AV)

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 3:16–18 (AV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Belief / faith is the only key.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Salvation is only through faith. Works comes after salvation as the result of salvation. Works are not even to keep us saved. Only God can save us and keep us saved. And he promises to do so once we believe in Jesus.

John 10:27–29 (AV)

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

Jeremiah 32:40 (AV)

40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

You can't lose your salvation. You can't even walk away from it.

1 Corinthians 6:19–20 (AV)

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

If need be, to keep you saved...

1 Corinthians 5:5 (AV)

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

God takes faith in Jesus very seriously.

14 hours ago, Eha said:

Jesus and Father are one. (dont understand it, but Father did told me - dont try, there is more important things to understand for now - so i just accepted as Jesus told - Me and Father are One)

yet They are two ( and Holy Spirit, Gentle One <3) are Third.

Jesus did play before Father, when He created earth (Job). He did come from Father's mouth (dont understand, but that is how Father did told about Jesus's birth to Job) Jesus IS Word, through Who all was created (John)

1. Jesus and the Father are one in nature. They are one in purpose. They are one in like mind. They are one in agreement. As is the Holy Spirit.

There is one God which consists of three individuals whom we call the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

A compound unity of three = Trinity.

2. Jesus is a created being ONLY in his humanity. His Spirit is eternal and equal to the Father and the Holy Spirit in every way. It was in that Spirit (God the Word) that he created all things created in the beginning alone by himself (John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:13-16, Isaiah 44:24).

The Father did not speak all things into existence, Jesus did (before he became a man). 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

they look but dont see..

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Faith in Christ Jesus alone DOES save.

its start of way

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord,

its about those who DO believe in Jesus, but yet He say..

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord,

but He add what MORE is required

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Saving faith is a GIFT from God, not of works. Ephesians 2:8-9,   Salvation is a gift Romans 6:23.  It was purchased by the blood of Jesus.  But saving faith produces fruit, and walking after the Spirit, as in Romans 8:1-8 and Galatians 5:16-18, causes us to do the will of the Father.

21 hours ago, Eha said:

they look but dont see..

its start of way

its about those who DO believe in Jesus, but yet He say..

but He add what MORE is required

John 6:28–29 (AV)

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Faith plus nothing activates salvation in Christ Jesus.

13 hours ago, Willa said:

Saving faith is a GIFT from God, not of works. Ephesians 2:8-9,   Salvation is a gift Romans 6:23.  It was purchased by the blood of Jesus.  But saving faith produces fruit, and walking after the Spirit, as in Romans 8:1-8 and Galatians 5:16-18, causes us to do the will of the Father.

Without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6).

It's like the old Cub Scout analogy. Scout Jeffrey helps little old ladies to cross the buy street before believing in Jesus Christ. Man is impressed by his kindness. But when Jeffrey becomes a Christian, God is impressed with his kindness for doing the same thing (helping little old ladies to cross the busy street). And even after you sin, repenting and forsaking that sin confessing it to God and restoring fellowship with God and believers we keep the commandments of God perfecting his love in our weakness.

1 John 2:1 (AV)

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 John 1:8–10 (AV)

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 1:3–7 (AV)

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 2:3–4 (AV)

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 2:2 (AV)

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 3:16–18 (AV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 John 2:5–17 (AV)

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.

13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.