spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

So I have always really struggled with why myself and so many other Christians seem to be so fragile, unstable, and so weak, when we have the God who created the universe dwelling within us.

It is also very discouraging to see how divided Christians are and that if we all have the same God dwelling within us and guiding us, why are we so divided?

Aren't we all supposed to have one mind and heart, the mind and heart of Jesus Christ?

I'm also very discouraged with how often i fall into depression and have no energy , when God is infinite energy, and he lives within me .

Anyhow, it doesn't look like the answer to these questions will be fully realized anytime soon but this scripture verse really helps me with that:

2 cor 12

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan,to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

So what are your thoughts on that statement, when I am weak then I am strong?

When he says he finds pleasure in weakness, infirmity, insults, and difficulties, I wonder if those things really gave him pleasure?  :huh:

Is anybody else here delighted to experience suffering?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebr.12:2

If we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, we are  encouraged because we know He is faithful and will be with us until the end.

We can claim all the promises we have in Him.

All the things we have to suffer now (is not pleasant) but it is  nothing close to what Jesus suffered when He died on the cross for you and me.

Jesus talked about persecutions we may face as Christians, the Christian life is not alway an easy road but it is the road which leads to heaven where we will be with Jesus forever!

Ps.43:5

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God 

Who you are in Christ

Because you are in Christ, EVERY ONE of these statements is true of you.

• I am loved. 1 John 3:3
  • I am accepted. Ephesians 1:6
  • I am a child of God. John 1:12
  • I am Jesus' friend. John 15:14
  • I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him. Romans 8:17
  • I am united with God and one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17
  • I am a temple of God. His Spirit and his life lives in me. 1 Corinthians 6:19
  • I am a member of Christ's body. 1 Corinthians 12:27
  • I am a Saint. Ephesians 1:1
  • I am redeemed and forgiven. Colossians 1:14
  • I am complete in Jesus Christ. Colossians 2:10
  • I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:1
  • I am a new creation because I am in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17
  • I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved. Colossians 3:12
  • I am established, anointed, and sealed by God. 2 Corinthians 1:21
  • I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
  • I am God's co-worker. 2 Corinthians 6:1

http://www.christianlifecoaching.co.uk/who-you-are-in-Christ.html

• I am seated in heavenly places with Christ. Eph 2:6
  • I have direct access to God Ephesians. 2:18
  • I am chosen to bear fruit John. 15:16
  • I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house. 1 Peter 2:5
  • I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I share His nature. 2 Peter 1:4
  • I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me Hebrews. 13:5
  • God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do Philippians 2:13
  • I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need. James 1:5

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

My mortal flesh has been quickened directly proportional to the measure of the Spirit I am given at any time.

As such my spiritual experiences have varied.  One such experience is self described as pure pleasure as if I had been transfigured on the mount with Christ.

Today my flesh is tired and weak because I have only slept a total of 5 1/2 hours or so in two days but tge Spirit is carrying me through the night.  Empowering me to continue though my flesh is protesting.  What a glorious feeling to be enabled to continue on though the flesh has quit!

My flesh is animated and powered by the Spirit.  When I am not full of the Spirit I yearn for it like an alcoholic without the booze that powers him.  The Spirits absence feels like death and depression so I call upon the name of the Lord for more.  And as evil men know how to give good gifts unto their children who ask so does my father give the Spirit unto all them who ask of him!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Amen~!

Praying~!