IGNORED

Is it wrong of a believer today , not to go to church ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, Vendtre said:

Let me aka you this...

i have no single group of believers that I am a "member" of, no home church and no church that has my name in their list of members.

In any given week  I may go to 3 diffent churches or I may go two months and not step foot in any sort of church building.  

I interact with fellow Christians daily but not always In a formal setting and often with people of other religions as part of the group.  

In your view am I following the biblical principles of gathering together?

Well, in part yes, I've got no issues with intermixing with other denominations, in fact the church needs that. But the lack of commitment, the not setting foot months at a time in a church, not settling in and actually growing roots and developing relationships with a church family in the end will harm you.

Think of it this way...imagine a family...everyone's happy they spend time with each other, dad takes the kids out regularly and spends time with them. They have many other friends who they spend time with, but that's his family. You'd call that healthy wouldn't you?

Now imagine that same dad, only he has 2 or 3 different families, and he doesn't spend regular time with any of them. Sometimes he will see all of them every week, but other times they wouldn't see him for 2 months. Would you call that healthy? I wouldn't ID call him a deadbeat.

Now im not calling you a deadbeat, but my principle still applies. If you were spending a lot of time with different churches and actively working at getting them to work together, and ministering to them, then that's great! There are many biblical examples of people doing that including the apostle Paul! But if all your doing is hanging out with a few churches when your schedule allows, then that shows a real lack of commitment... And that is not what God had in mind when He instituted the church. He wanted committed Christians committing to His bride-the church. The church was designed to be a family, it can't be if the Christians dont commit to it. If you won't commit to the church (notice I used the, not a. The church encompasses more then just a single building or denomination) then you have no right to complain about how bad the church is, because your part of the problem.

Now, I don't normally like to go personal, but you did ask me what I thought about your life. I hope I didn't offend you, my goal was not to attack, but I also have to speak the truth. This will be my last post, at least directed at you, in this thread. Once a thread goes personal, its no longer about the topic but the people in it, and that's not what the board is intended for. If you really want to go personal, we do have a pm system.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

No I did not limit it to meetings on a certain day, if you actually read all of what I said you would see that. What I did was include them. Which the churches of the Bible did. We are to follow the Biblical example, and we are to be active members of our church. In fact I said if ALL you did was go to church on Sundays that you would be wasting your time. It's not about denominations its about following the biblical example and actually being a active member of your church, fellowshipping with them, worshipping with them and most importantly serving with them.

I made no mistake. The mistake is excluding the local church from our lives, and that includes service, but encompasses much more. That's what the bible teaches.

How the church decides to run the service or whether they meet in a home or church building does not matter. The form of the church changes over time but the reason behind it does not.

Hi The_Patriot2016,

Glad to hear you say about the different meeting places. However it is the fact that you are saying that the meeting is the church - `go to church.` We are the church, the Body of Christ & the Holy Spirit brings the different members (of the Body) together in everyday life. Yes we can choose to go to this public meeting or that, but in reality it is by the Lord`s Spirit that He brings His Body together to encourage, build up, help in some need, etc, etc. Too long have people relied on man`s organisations to bring them together, to tell them what to do etc.

It is a new day in the Lord when He, yes He is taking control of His Body from the organisations & bringing them together, sending them out, under His Lordship & not under the name of the Calathumpians etc. Do you realise there are thousands upon thousands of believers who have worked in organisations, but are now done with the power & control of man & are learning to live in the Father`s love & hear what He says to them.

So when you say the `church` needs revival, there is one going on but it is outside of man`s organisations. PTL.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  4

24 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Well, in part yes, I've got no issues with intermixing with other denominations, in fact the church needs that. But the lack of commitment, the not setting foot months at a time in a church, not settling in and actually growing roots and developing relationships with a church family in the end will harm you.

Think of it this way...imagine a family...everyone's happy they spend time with each other, dad takes the kids out regularly and spends time with them. They have many other friends who they spend time with, but that's his family. You'd call that healthy wouldn't you?

Now imagine that same dad, only he has 2 or 3 different families, and he doesn't spend regular time with any of them. Sometimes he will see all of them every week, but other times they wouldn't see him for 2 months. Would you call that healthy? I wouldn't ID call him a deadbeat.

Now im not calling you a deadbeat, but my principle still applies. If you were spending a lot of time with different churches and actively working at getting them to work together, and ministering to them, then that's great! There are many biblical examples of people doing that including the apostle Paul! But if all your doing is hanging out with a few churches when your schedule allows, then that shows a real lack of commitment... And that is not what God had in mind when He instituted the church. He wanted committed Christians committing to His bride-the church. The church was designed to be a family, it can't be if the Christians dont commit to it. If you won't commit to the church (notice I used the, not a. The church encompasses more then just a single building or denomination) then you have no right to complain about how bad the church is, because your part of the problem.

Now, I don't normally like to go personal, but you did ask me what I thought about your life. I hope I didn't offend you, my goal was not to attack, but I also have to speak the truth. This will be my last post, at least directed at you, in this thread. Once a thread goes personal, its no longer about the topic but the people in it, and that's not what the board is intended for. If you really want to go personal, we do have a pm system.

No offense taken at all, I did ask a personal question and I thank you for your response.

I live a unique lifestyle, I am a traveling nurse and move on average of every 4 to 6 months to a new city.  Where I am now I will probably stay a full year because it is a twofold job of nursing coupled with helping implement a CDSS as well as educate the staff on its usefulness.

This is why my only "roots" are with the team I do medical mission trips with, they have become a "church" family for me even though I only see them in person once or twice a year at best. 

Trust me when I tell you most churches are not real open to including you in things when they know you are there short term.  Thus I tend to go to "church" based on my work schedule and on what they have going on in that timeframe.  

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi The_Patriot2016,

Glad to hear you say about the different meeting places. However it is the fact that you are saying that the meeting is the church - `go to church.` We are the church, the Body of Christ & the Holy Spirit brings the different members (of the Body) together in everyday life. Yes we can choose to go to this public meeting or that, but in reality it is by the Lord`s Spirit that He brings His Body together to encourage, build up, help in some need, etc, etc. Too long have people relied on man`s organisations to bring them together, to tell them what to do etc.

It is a new day in the Lord when He, yes He is taking control of His Body from the organisations & bringing them together, sending them out, under His Lordship & not under the name of the Calathumpians etc. Do you realise there are thousands upon thousands of believers who have worked in organisations, but are now done with the power & control of man & are learning to live in the Father`s love & hear what He says to them.

So when you say the `church` needs revival, there is one going on but it is outside of man`s organisations. PTL.

Marilyn.

how can you be a part of the church, if you dont participate? Part of that is sunday service. You cant just show up when you feel like it. The church is an organization run by God-yes to many of them today, are run by man, but they cant be fixed, if we walk away from. Im not accusing you of such, but I am pointing out that we can't fix it, if we sit at home, reading our Bible and getting fed from a TV evangelist. For me, I would rather, go to a church that I know is broken-that I know is blatantly not serving God-then forsake the church altogether, because theres a chance God might help me fix that broken church.

@ Vendtre, Im glad no offense was taken-I really meant none, and apologize, if anything I said was misconstrued. as a truck driver I do understand the being on the road-and glad you do have a church family of sorts-but on that note, you mention that a lot of churches aren't open to someone they know isnt going to be there for the long haul-true statement. I don't argue with you there, but rather, perhaps present a challenge. I mentioned earlier, serving-and being a traveling nurse, im sure its something your already good at-is there perhaps, something you can do, to each church in each town that you visit, to perhaps minister to that church, and maybe help them open the doors to other travelers in your position? Anything we can do to strengthen the church, be it our home church, or one on the road, to me, is a win-even if the church doesnt receive it. If you cant commit to serving one church at home, perhaps commit to serving the church as a whole. 

5 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

how can you be a part of the church, if you dont participate? Part of that is sunday service. You cant just show up when you feel like it. The church is an organization run by God-yes to many of them today, are run by man, but they cant be fixed, if we walk away from. Im not accusing you of such, but I am pointing out that we can't fix it, if we sit at home, reading our Bible and getting fed from a TV evangelist. For me, I would rather, go to a church that I know is broken-that I know is blatantly not serving God-then forsake the church altogether, because theres a chance God might help me fix that broken church.

@ Vendtre, Im glad no offense was taken-I really meant none, and apologize, if anything I said was misconstrued. as a truck driver I do understand the being on the road-and glad you do have a church family of sorts-but on that note, you mention that a lot of churches aren't open to someone they know isnt going to be there for the long haul-true statement. I don't argue with you there, but rather, perhaps present a challenge. I mentioned earlier, serving-and being a traveling nurse, im sure its something your already good at-is there perhaps, something you can do, to each church in each town that you visit, to perhaps minister to that church, and maybe help them open the doors to other travelers in your position? Anything we can do to strengthen the church, be it our home church, or one on the road, to me, is a win-even if the church doesnt receive it. If you cant commit to serving one church at home, perhaps commit to serving the church as a whole. 

Hi The_Patriot2016,

You say -`how can you be a part of the church, if you dont participate?` It seems to me you are still thinking that the public meeting is the only expression of the Church, the Body of Christ. The Church, the believers are an organism NOT an organisation run by man. It`s fine if people put on a meeting but the error is when they overstep the mark & then organise the Body of Christ, & infer that if you don`t belong, attend, support what THEY put on then you are not in the Church, the Body of Christ.

You seem to think that the alternative to going to a public meeting run by man is to sit home & watch the Tele evangelists etc. The Holy Spirit is quite capable of guiding people to work together helping others, visiting, mentoring, praying, studying etc etc WITHOUT  a few people from an organisation TELLING THEM  what they can & cant do!

Note you are still talking about GOING TO CHURCH. We are the church, the Body of believers & we are always in the church, the Body. We can`t GO TO THE CHURCH. The Body of believers, the church, gives expression to the life of Christ within in many different ways. Too long people have been controlled by the few, who think they can lord it over the others, using emotional abuse such as - if you don`t go to church (public meeting by man`s organisation) then you are a part of the problem, you should be trying to fix the church.  Like really....either the Lord is building & maturing His Body, His church, His people or He is not.  Man`s organisations CAN NEVER be fixed. They are the problem! Meetings, fine but control & guilt, & pressure to conform are NOT what the Holy Spirit does.

I realise that it is hard for you to get your mind around people not gathering in public meetings run by man`s organisations, however there were never any organisations running the early church & they did really well under the guidance & encouragement of the Holy Spirit & each other. Think on that for a bit.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Think more of wayfarers, travelers, people whose home and loyalty is in heaven.

Think of the persecuted TODAY.  Homeless, jobless, tortured, shot, beaten....  thousands upon thousands  all around the earth.((executed already this year)) ((or died of starvation/ thirst: thousands every day))

Think of "potato peels of society"/ castaways.  Like Paul, the apostle.

Not settling down here.   Not loving the world , not the things of the world.

Free to obey Yahweh.

EVERY DAY.  LOYAL and FAITHFUL to Yahweh.  Not to man's devices.

Not lovers of money, nor fame, nor position;  but rather lovers of TRUTH.

Hi simplejeff,

So refreshing to read your comments. Amen bro, & amen. So clear & straight to the point.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/7/2016 at 8:54 PM, Vendtre said:

You are gathering with Christians on this site.  It does not have to be in a building  

I never said it had to be a church, I just suggested finding a good Bible Believing church.  Fellowship can happen anywhere  between believers.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

23 hours ago, Vendtre said:

The thing is I go to lots of churches, in a month depending on my schedule I might attend 3 or 4 different churches in my area based upon what is going on at them.  I have no "home church" that many of you seem to think is so vital. Any where from 5 to 7 months from now I will be in a whole new state starting all over again.  

I also spend even more time with a group of believers from the local medical community and do outreach related to our skills.  But then this group is not limited to only Christians.

I also regularly do medical missions to some of the poorest parts of this world and share not only Jesus but also my talents. Thes people I do these trips with are my "church", while we do not even live in the same states, we have a bond that nothing can match.   

The Church is the whole body of Christ and I do not find it beneficial to limit myself to one small part of it called "this church" or "that church".  If that works for you I am happy for you, it is not how I view the command not to forsake gathering together. 

I'm saying i need that kind of fellowship. I have wonderful fellowship with a friend in Florida and in Michigan over the phone.  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

what is going to happen with all the churches in this day and time, for there is more restrictions, and many are made up as companies ,

and people are starting to be dis satisfied with the way that it is, for more are reading the bible and many are now saying hey do we get enough teaching in church,  and I don't like this church for the music is not as good,

could church ever be like it was when the apostles walked in the history past ?

that would be great , I love fellowship and talking about Gods word,

but its hard to find a church dedicated to scripture and the meat and potatoes of the word,?