DylanHam

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I've recently begun pursuing God and Christianity, but I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm fairly young and have recently committed some sins that I certainly shouldn't have gotten away with, but did. In the Bible it says (from my understanding) that God forgives all our sins no matter what as long as we choose for Jesus to take over our lives and follow God with all of our hearts. I have been trying this and yet I still have my doubts about God's forgiveness. Am I cheating God by getting away with these sins? Does he forgive me even though I know what I did was wrong while I did it? How can I overcome my doubts?

Also, if you could cite any scripture that I could study and pray over? Thanks in advance.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

:emot-heartbeat:

Chase God Away? Au Contraire Beloved

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:1 (New International Version)

For It Is God That Chases

But God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (Berean Study Bible)

You

the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law. Romans 3:22-31 (English Standard Version)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10 (Berean Study Bible)

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

that doubt is good. it shows, you dont know enough yet. maybe its good, if anyone give you advice, but i like to give you advice. i was alone, without church, when accepted Jesus. when i did study Bible on my own, alone, without any MAN near teaching me, i was surprised how little people know truth, after did met some.
Truth is - Father want to teach you by Himself.
Let Him.
How?
Read Bible at least once through. Then start study those passages, that move you or look for answers, that yours heart wants.

none, except Father dont see yours heart. and He will show you, what you need, on that time, when you need and on that time He did prepare you to accept truth (sometimes it hurts).

sadly looking for answers from people, is not good always (blind lead blind..). start from Bible study. but by yourself. pray before you read. ask Jesus to "open yours mind" (He did that with apostles) that you could understand scriptures.

you wont feel anything. but you will see difference , how much you understand, in time.

if you didnt find peace, it may be because many reasons. guessing is worse we can do, too easy to get deceived. look for truth, that only Father can show you (i cant see yours heart, nature, situations and future - so cant none but Father)

so, get some "milk" from Source <3 

i hope you enjoy time here :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I really don't thing you have gotten away with any sins.  If you are truly saved, God will deal with your heart, as He seems to be already doing.  You will not be happy in your sins, and will certainly not be trying to get away with sins.  As you grow in Christ Jesus, you will feel the need more and more to do God's will.

3 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

As I always say MAKE SURE YOUR SAVED. You said you feel like your sinning and getting away with it. This is a good sign that your not saved. God chastens whom he loves if ye be without chastisement ye are not sons.  Come to God with the realization your a sinner worthy of hell. Don't ask for forgiveness of what you done. Ask forgiveness for WHAT YOU ARE! God be merciful to me A SINNER! Then GOD THE Father will GRANT you GODLY Repentance and faith both gifts of God two sides of the same coin. Then his SON SPIRITUALLY BAPTIZES YOU IN HIS SPIRIT. This is salvation nothing more or less %100 of the Lord. The whole Godhead must be included. This faith  alone  in Jesus and faith first then repentance reason for alot of FALSE converts. 

Please read this thoroughly dont skim because salvation is your most important possession on earth besides your KJV BIBLE 

Everyone sins every single day. What I was saying is that I sinned before I confessed myself to Jesus and asked Him into my life, yet I knew what I did was wrong at the time and continued to do it. My question, are we forgiven for that? I've gotten my answer but thank you. :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I am so glad that you asked Jesus Christ into your life, and I am so glad of His promise to forgive of us our sins when we confess!  God bless you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

16 hours ago, DylanHam said:

Also, if you could cite any scripture that I could study and pray over? Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean by "getting away" with sins. But if you have genuinely turned away from these sins, and turned to Christ, your sins will be forgiven. At the same time, if you need to make restitution, then that is also necessary. Please note (Acts 3:19):

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

If you are still persisting in your sins, then you have not truly repented.

26 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Not sure what you mean by "getting away" with sins. But if you have genuinely turned away from these sins, and turned to Christ, your sins will be forgiven. At the same time, if you need to make restitution, then that is also necessary. Please note (Acts 3:19):

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

If you are still persisting in your sins, then you have not truly repented.

Got away as in I've had no consequence for them.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

If you are TRULY saved. ALL SINS PAST PRESENT FUTURE ARE FORGIVEN period

The saved dont ask for forgiveness when they sin. They confess and forsake all known sin after they get saved. Their some people who believe you have to confess all your past sins. No you confess your  KNOWN sin NOW that your saved. The HOLY GHOST in you EVENTUALLY WILL NOT let you continue in besetting sins without conviction and chastisement from the FATHER. 

This Scripture here are directed to the SAVED ONLY. The lost dont confess sin they ask for forgivenes. Forgiveness of sins ARE A ONE TIME DEAL. You dont keep asking for forgiveness. CONFESSION of sins are when you sin willfully. 

KJV Prv  28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso CONFESSETH and FORSAKETH them shall have mercy.  

Edited by manuelf324

11 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

If you are TRULY saved. ALL SINS PAST PRESENT FUTURE ARE FORGIVEN period

The saved dont ask for forgiveness when they sin. They confess and forsake all known sin after they get saved. Their some people who believe you have to confess all your past sins. No you confess your  KNOWN sin NOW that your saved. The HOLY GHOST in you EVENTUALLY WILL NOT let you continue in besetting sins without conviction and chastisement from the FATHER. 

This Scripture here are directed to the SAVED ONLY. The lost dont confess sin they ask for forgivenes. Forgiveness of sins ARE A ONE TIME DEAL. You dont keep asking for forgiveness. CONFESSION of sins are when you sin willfully. 

KJV Prv  28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso CONFESSETH and FORSAKETH them shall have mercy.  

God forgives us for everything we've done, are doing, or ever will do. There is nothing wrong with asking Him for forgiveness as many times as I or anyone else needs to. I've never heard in all my life that God forgives you once, and I don't understand where you got this notion.