jashley

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I just asked the leader at church who blocked me if I had done anything to offend him because I noticed he blocked me and he said no so I was like why did you block me and he said some of my comments were unnecessary and said dont worry about it when I started to ask what comments. Then this girl I was talking to about it said you need to not be offended or upset that he tagged everyone but you or that he blocked you and maybe thats the reason people dont tag me or include me because I get upset when they exclude me and they are tired of me acting like I think they are rejecting and excluding me , well maybe if you didnt reject and exclude me all the time I wouldn't be upset or think youre excluding me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

if he blocked you just because you said that you were there (when he said he wasnt) then you dont need his negativity in your life. Does your leader at church have anyone above him? such as a senior pastor or a elder? if so I would take it to them. This person is being childish, if he had a problem with something you said he should have taken it up with you, not play childish games. 

Oh, and just a little suggestion, I know this is in reference to a previous post you had made on this subject, but others may not. In the future, with stuff like this you maybe better off adding the update to the story in the original thread, so people coming in can read the entire story. Im not saying you did anything wrong at all, just a suggestion for the future. :D This is the original thread for anyone wanting backstory. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with ThePatriot.  I think it would be a good idea to find someone able to confront something that sounds like an abuse of authority.  It sounds like your Pastor is speeding on the freeway a bit.  If there isn't someone, there is no reason to feel guilty if you want to try going to another church.  You are not going to disappoint Him if this is what you end up doing.  

In fact, scripture teaches us to not show favoritism, which is what this situation sounds like. 

"My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?"(James 2:1-5).

So, dont feel like your trapped there and you have to find a way to endure this because this is the only place you can serve Him.  

Sometimes seeking Him can be a process of trial and error as our discernment grows.  Trying another churh might even be a good way to grow spiritually and gain some perspective on the present circumstances.  

Take care. :emot-heartbeat:

Sounds to me like you are have a lot of issues at this church. Perhaps it is not the right fit for you and the Lord is letting you know it by placing all these obstacles in your path. I would start looking around for a new one if I were you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, algots said:

It could, also, be that you may be hyper-sensitive. Before you write this off, please, consider it.

So the guy blocked you. So, what?

Most misunderstandings are perpetuated by both parties. It may be a clique. It may not be. For whatever, reason, both sides feel justified in their actions and responses.

Go to the Senior Pastor, not the one who blocked you, and bring this issue to light. However, you might, also, want to prepare yourself to hear some things that you, yourself, may not like. I'm not saying you will, but you might.

Being blocked on Facebook, is not really that big of a deal.

If you don't feel comfortable at that church, then, by all means, look somewhere else. However, if that behavior seems to follow you from church to church, you may want to consider that it just might not be everyone else.

Why would it ever be necessary for a pastor to block a member of a congregation on something like Facebook?  Why would that ever be a necessary thing to do to suppose that someone's response is hypersensitive?  

As a pastor of a church it doesn't matter whether someone is hypersensitive or not because you don't want them to stumble over something like this which would be unnecessary.  

If it was a coworker or a old friend I would say whatever, no big deal.  But, from someone we expect some spiritual leadership from and do demonstrate that we are accepted by Christ even when the world may reject us, it is just an unnecessary thing to do especially when little things like this help people feel accepted in some way.  

The question is not ridiculous especially when people sometimes may not know where God wants them to be and whether it would be okay to go to another church or if that will mean they might hurt someone's feelings the same way theirs have been hurt.  

Either way there is never anything wrong with being sensitive to someone who may or may not be hypersensitive.  Just because someone may be hypersensitive does not make it okay to be cold and expect other people to accommodate their behavior.  

Hyper sensitive or not, the appropriate way for a church leader to handle this isn't blocking outright. If she did or said something wrong he should have taken her aside and explained it to her instead of just excluding, and then if she kept up the behavior move to blocking, at the very least he should have had a serious talk with her when she confronted him on it.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I block people regularly, I weed out my friends list maybe 4 times a year. Most often it has nothing to do with them offending me or doing anything wrong. I do not have enough time to look through endless lists of things that people post. People post things often, that interest them, that does not mean I have to be interested. If a person is frequently uploading their lastec cute cat video find, I remove them from my friend list. It the frequently post memes, I remove them. If they pressure me to "like" things, I remove them. If the post the sorts of things that are perhaps issues, that I am already aware of, then I remove them. If they post things that are just rumors, unsubstantiated stories, that they could have looked up and found to be false, i remove them. If the post a picture of every event in their kid's life, or their dog's birthday party, I remove them. If they post story about sports or celebrities, I remove them. Here I am at the park, here I am at the beach, here I am on vacation, here I am at the mall . . .  you get the idea!

The list is longer than that, but the more things a friend posts, the more likely he / she is to be removed. Those who post things that I find worthwhile, in reasonable volumes, stay on my friends list. I expect people to remove me from their lists, for similar reasons.

I rarely remove anyone for any reason. I could care less what they post, just as long as they keep in mind if they post something that I reserve the right to voice my opinion on the matter. No matter what. If course that goes both ways if I post something anyone on my friends list are welcome to share their opinion on any post. You have to really be trying to make me mad or posting nudity for me to delete anyone.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

12 hours ago, algots said:

Believe 1/2 of what you see and 1/4 of what you hear.  Whatever, I tell you is going to only my side.

Objectivity is a good thing.

Yes. When it comes to interpersonal issues, there are usually two sides to the equation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

i have hundreds of facebook friends,, but i saw two of them are blocked me,, because of my way is not fit for them.... still many people are good with me in face book,, we are not to worry,, a person is not good person to other people and a person is not bad person to all other people,, this is life,, God never accuses us,, Thank you Jesus,,