• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, WailingWall said:

Just quickly read through Acts 15! Not one mention of "thou shall not kill". Are you sayin....?

This is really lame.  Check the Law of Christ.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, WailingWall said:

When Christ said He was Lord of the sabbath He meant what He said. He was Lord of the sabbath. So if Jesus is Lord of the sabbath day why in the world would you look to another day other than the sabbath of which Jesus is Lord of?

Why does Jesus saying that He is Lord of the Sabbath mean that New Testament Christians are obligated to observe the Sabbath day?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, WailingWall said:

So why then was Paul keeping the sabbath?

ACTS 17  [2] AND PAUL, AS HIS MANNER WAS, went in unto them, and three SABBATH DAYS reasoned with them out of the scriptures,[3] Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Because the Jews were still keeping and observing the Sabbath, so where else would Paul go to reason with them?? He was not keeping the Sabbath, he was going there on the day they were all assembled together.

Notice the day of Pentecost falls on a Sunday and always has.

Proof Pentecost always fell on a Sunday (1st day)
"When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place." (Acts 2:1)

"You shall also count for yourselves from the day after the sabbath, from the day when you brought in the sheaf of the wave offering; there shall be seven complete sabbaths. You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh sabbath; then you shall present a new grain offering to the Lord. " (Leviticus 23:15-16).

If the Sabbath law was a moral law intended for all mankind, then:

1. Why did God NEVER charge the Gentiles with breaking it.
  2. Interesting that God charges the Gentiles many times for breaking all the 9 moral commandments on the tablets of stone, but NEVER ONCE says anything about breaking the Sabbath!
  3. This proves it is not inherently moral but just another ceremonial law given ONLY TO THE Jews!

The Ten Commandments did not exist as a formal code of law until Moses Sabbatarians haven't comprehended the fact that the word "Sabbath" is never found in the book of Genesis. The first case of Sabbath keeping was in Exodus 16 at Mt. Sinai. Here God gave Moses the "Ten Commandments", for the first time in world history. If the Ten commandments did not exist before Moses, then neither did the 4th commandment unless we find some command or example before Moses. The truth is that Adam never kept the Sabbath, nor did Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph or anyone in while in Egyptian bondage.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

14 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Because the Jews were still keeping and observing the Sabbath, so where else would Paul go to reason with them??

ACTS 13  [42] And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, THE GENTILES BESOUGHT THAT THESE WORDS MIGHT BE PREACHED TO THEM THE NEXT SABBATH.[43] Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.[44] And THE NEXT SABBATH DAY CAME ALMOST THE WHOLE CITY TOGETHER TO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD.

Wrong again Hazard

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Wrong again Hazard

Why is he wrong?  You just proved his point by quoting those Scriptures.

14 hours ago, HAZARD said:

The truth is that Adam never kept the Sabbath, nor did Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph or anyone in while in Egyptian bondage.

Abraham never kept the sabbath?

GENESIS 26 [3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I WILL PERFORM THE OATH WHICH I SWARE UNTO ABRAHAM  thy father; [4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; [5] BECAUSE THAT ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE, and kept my charge, MY COMMANDMENTS, my statutes, and MY LAWS.

Abraham kept Gods 10 commandments? He heard and obeyed Gods "voice"

DEUT. 27 [8] And thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly. [9] And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God . [10] Thou shalt therefore OBEY THE VOICE of the Lord thy God, and DO HIS COMMANDMENTS and his statutes, which I command thee this day.

DEUT. 4 [12] And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard THE VOICE of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. [13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which HE COMMANDED YOU TO PERFORM, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

The voice...The 10 commandments. No doubt about it. Now alls ya gotta do Hazard is read the 4th.

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Why is he wrong?  You just proved his point by quoting those Scriptures.

Nope. The gentiles are not Jews

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

GENESIS 26 [3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I WILL PERFORM THE OATH WHICH I SWARE UNTO ABRAHAM  thy father; [4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; [5] BECAUSE THAT ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE, and kept my charge, MY COMMANDMENTS, my statutes, and MY LAWS.

DEUT. 27 [8] And thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly. [9] And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God . [10] Thou shalt therefore OBEY THE VOICE of the Lord thy God, and DO HIS COMMANDMENTS and his statutes, which I command thee this day.

DEUT. 4 [12] And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard THE VOICE of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. [13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which HE COMMANDED YOU TO PERFORM, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

The voice...The 10 commandments. No doubt about it. Now alls ya gotta do Hazard is read the 4th.

Why do you assume that the commandments Abraham followed the same as the Mosaic law?   You seem to be making a huge leap.

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Why do you assume that the commandments Abraham followed the same as the Mosaic law?   You seem to be making a huge leap.

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Why does Jesus saying that He is Lord of the Sabbath mean that New Testament Christians are obligated to observe the Sabbath day?

JOHN 1 [1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

MARK 2  [27] And he said unto them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN, and not man for the sabbath: [28] Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Jesus made the sabbath for man. Not only the Jews