IGNORED

the book of Jasher, should it be part of study ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

57 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

you have twisted  what was stated to you own understanding, and that is not nice,

seriously , I never made any mention of that , so I would not be saying what you did, I think you are not understanding the power of God in spirit , if you wish to stay just in the bible ?that is your choice, but when you do not understand nor even the books we are talking about until now which I brought up, then we have not figured out what would be the idea, of looking at other then the bible for specific things,  and about scripture, for if one wants to learn and be understanding is one thing, but if one wants to keep any and everything out, then that's another story , so , as you have said, you need to study before you can draw a conclusion, on what is really happening, , you told me that, for not everything is in black and white, the spirit has no boundries , and we cannot put the word of God in a box,

for there is the proof of life it self that is another chapter in what we are and what we read .

Here is your post:

"we need to not be closed mind in not looking at other scriptures, and only following what the  church has done, if you do that , then you are doing excautly what it was designed to do , to keep you from the word of God, many can say and yes, if you are not really skilled and strong minded in Gods love, you can be taken by false teachings and false scriptures made to do just that, but there is legit scriptures, I believe that are needed to be seen that is not in the bible, and I am, not taking away from the bible , but the one that really loves and pours them self into the word , and the statues and the obedience of god will ,search and to see what is wrong from right ,"

You do realize that the Bible is the inerrant word of God, right?  You post that the Bible is doing exactly what it was designed to do, keep us from the word of God.  That is what you just wrote.....  Nothing outside of the Bible is Scripture and you just wrote that it is.  And I don't have a clue what 'statues' you're referring to.  We don't put God's word in a box, true; we find it in the Bible.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Bless you back :) 

I wanted to leave this link of a writing about how I met the Holy Spirit and How I KNOW that the Holy Spirit leads us to all truth, whether it be about false doctrine or hidden things or even whether the book of Jasher is true or not. People must understand that many years ago I knew nothing of Jesus,  I knew nothing inside the bible. I was living out in Las Vegas in 2006-2009 when all of these things began and that alone can give you a very good idea of where the Lord met me - I was in deep sin. Please remember that you are talking to a person who had no formal anything and knew nothing of Jesus. Imagine yourselves being me and not knowing anything of church, church lingo, scripture.

When these spiritual things began I was shocked, frightened, so remorseful of my sins, very happy to know that Yeshua existed but totally creeped out that the devil and demons existed as well. I sat for over a year in guilt, shame, remorse and fright because of these things and I had nobody from the church who understood. Completely alone! They prayed at me instead of praying for me. Nobody came to talk to me about the Love and Mercy and Compassion of the Lord and how I did not have to sit in shame, guilt, fear and that I was free of sin because of the Blood Yeshua shed on the cross. Instead they accused and caused me demon and the devil and if caused me to stay very alone with Yeshua. They never gave me the Good News. Yeshua alone gave me the good news.

I had no Christian friends to help me with these things that were happening to me and no interest in God before this began. I went to the churches for help and understanding and I realized that most of the churches had not a clue either. They said I was lying etc. Some denied, some called it the devil...oh the list went on. But the great news was that Yeshua began teaching me and showing me many things.

Even some of the pastors would ask me, "How do you know that?" My response would always be the same YESHUA! :)  "And you do not know any of the words of the bible?" Nope. Many said, "Well it lines up with scripture but you are just saying it in your own words." Yes, because that is what we are told to do. Wear Christ so others can know Christ. All of those churches could not even speak to me because they used big words, things I had no clue of, they used scripture as a weapon to hurt me instead of help me and they did it unawares. They would say the Holy Spirit told them that I was lying or that I was a demon or a devil because I knew something personal of them. Some even called me Jezebel because the Lord blessed me with outside beauty to go with inner beauty. They said the Holy Spirit told them this. Oh no the Holy Spirit did not tell them this. I became celibate for many years before these church people did these to me. They were saying the Holy Spirit told them. How can the Holy Spirit lie? I always thought the Holy Spirit was a liar because of the many people saying "The Holy Spirit told me" and then they would lie.  The Holy Spirit can not lie! But...a person who does not have the Holy Spirit can lie.

The day that I knew that the Holy Spirit was true was wonderful because I found out what the Holy Spirit does and that it was real and that it comforts and that it speaks all truths and it does not lie! It reveals all truths Not just some! ALL! So I have left this here for you to understand that we should open our spirits to the HOLY SPIRIT to lead us in everything we do, think and say before we do anything, say anything or think anything. We must all ask ourselves privately if we truly have the Holy Spirit indwelling in us and if we truly believe in the Holy Spirit to lead us to all truths.

You may find this awesome of what the Holy Spirit can do through a person as well as what it means to have the Holy Spirit and how to let the Holy Spirit lead you to all truths.

Guest Teditis
1 hour ago, OakWood said:

Because it's not the two forgeries. You've answered your own question.

A forgery based on Gnostic teachings was written in the Middle Ages - this is not the book that I have and as far as I am aware it has not yet been translated into English. It conflicts with scripture.

A forgery was published in 1829. It's still in print and available to buy but the publisher makes it clear that it's a forgery - this is not the book that I have. It conflicts with scripture.

A third book extracted from the archives of Jewish books, dating back to at least AD 70 and taken to Spain is the real Jasher and does not conflict scripture. This is the book that I have.

Thank you for your reply... I can't find anything about a third copy that dates back to 70AD... oh, well, I'll keep looking.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Here is your post:

"we need to not be closed mind in not looking at other scriptures, and only following what the  church has done, if you do that , then you are doing excautly what it was designed to do , to keep you from the word of God, many can say and yes, if you are not really skilled and strong minded in Gods love, you can be taken by false teachings and false scriptures made to do just that, but there is legit scriptures, I believe that are needed to be seen that is not in the bible, and I am, not taking away from the bible , but the one that really loves and pours them self into the word , and the statues and the obedience of god will ,search and to see what is wrong from right ,"

You do realize that the Bible is the inerrant word of God, right?  You post that the Bible is doing exactly what it was designed to do, keep us from the word of God.  That is what you just wrote.....  Nothing outside of the Bible is Scripture and you just wrote that it is.  And I don't have a clue what 'statues' you're referring to.  We don't put God's word in a box, true; we find it in the Bible.

amazing that you have twisted my words again to find fault in me ?, and that is not nice, and so if you think that is, what I have said and you interpret it in your way then anything, can be pulled out of a hat,  this is the oldest trick, I must, say , and so  I want to be clear, so you can follow what is going on, ?

you are telling me that I am leading away from the bible and the scriptures , and yet I quote scripture much more then I have seen from you , and so when you ask for where I am coming from ,in  what I believe and what I have written , you question it every time, I do not wish for you to make it personal , so I will , not respond for you are not getting it, and you do not know what I am saying , so I believe that if you wanted to be understanding that it would be different ,

so if the bible is what you know then that's great , study the bible, and you should be okay , as for me I study the bible and others books, like many other believers, and do not question the bible,  but to affirm to seek all that I can in following the just, and righteous God,

I have much more time placed in intense study , to know when I hear truth and when I don't, and so the holy spirit guides people to know Gods word, and if I am lead by the spirit and truth ,then I am on the right path,  the straight and the narrow and I am not moved,

I love God so much that , it is said that our spirits call out to God, and when I have ,placed my self on my knees and my hands raised, it is for the blessings and the drawing of strength to my feeble and weak self, for He is my strength when I am weak, and His love endures forever ,

and He is who I call, when I need Him, and when go about my day , I only think of God ,in all that I do , and so , my eyes are open and my heart is soft, the spirit of the lord tells me that it is okay , when I am worried ,and when I am in doubt, God tells me to cast my cares on Him, and fear not , for He is with me , in the dark ,and in the light, in the good times, and in the bad times, there is no where I can go that God is not there,  as david has said ,in psalms, so I watch what I say ,and what I do , for I know every word that I speak, needs to be seasoned in Him, knowing He has heard,

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

14 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

amazing that you have twisted my words again to find fault in me ?, and that is not nice, and so if you think that is, what I have said and you interpret it in your way then anything, can be pulled out of a hat,  this is the oldest trick, I must, say , and so  I want to be clear, so you can follow what is going on, ?

you are telling me that I am leading away from the bible and the scriptures , and yet I quote scripture much more then I have seen from you , and so when you ask for where I am coming from ,in  what I believe and what I have written , you question it every time, I do not wish for you to make it personal , so I will , not respond for you are not getting it, and you do not know what I am saying , so I believe that if you wanted to be understanding that it would be different ,

so if the bible is what you know then that's great , study the bible, and you should be okay , as for me I study the bible and others books, like many other believers, and do not question the bible,  but to affirm to seek all that I can in following the just, and righteous God,

I have much more time placed in intense study , to know when I hear truth and when I don't, and so the holy spirit guides people to know Gods word, and if I am lead by the spirit and truth ,then I am on the right path,  the straight and the narrow and I am not moved,

I love God so much that , it is said that our spirits call out to God, and when I have ,placed my self on my knees and my hands raised, it is for the blessings and the drawing of strength to my feeble and weak self, for He is my strength when I am weak, and His love endures forever ,

and He is who I call, when I need Him, and when go about my day , I only think of God ,in all that I do , and so , my eyes are open and my heart is soft, the spirit of the lord tells me that it is okay , when I am worried ,and when I am in doubt, God tells me to cast my cares on Him, and fear not , for He is with me , in the dark ,and in the light, in the good times, and in the bad times, there is no where I can go that God is not there,  as david has said ,in psalms, so I watch what I say ,and what I do , for I know every word that I speak, needs to be seasoned in Him, knowing He has heard,

i reposted your exact words so if you want to deny you wrote them.....oh well.  Btw, I almost never see you posting Scripture.  Check your posts in this thread.  You don't seem to understand that there IS no Scripture outside of the Bible.  From Webster's:

Full Definition of scripture

1a (1) capitalized :  the books of the Bible —often used in plural (2) often capitalized :  a passage from the Bibleb:  a body of writings considered sacred or authoritative

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

I've read some of Jasher before.  I did find it edified my understanding of scripture in two ways.  

The first way was a better understanding of the genealogies in the early chapters of Genesis.  It is one thing to know that Noah was really old.  It was another to realize that Noah was alive when Abraham was alive as well.  

I double checked this with the genealogies in scripture and it is possible that Noah would have been able to converse with Abraham, which would answer another important question I had about scripture which was, "where did Abraham get the idea to build a altar? "(Genesis 12:7).   

When there is a connection and potential for relationship with Noah, who also built an altar (Genesis 8:20), there is a better understanding of where Abraham got the idea to build an altar.  

There still remains a mystery in my understanding of these early altars.  I do believe they could go back to when humanity realized the weight of the fall, and they call out in their need of Him for the first time.  

" Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh. At that time people began to call on the name of the LORD. (Genesis 4:26).  

Whether the altar goes back to the earliest effort of humanity to repent to the Lord of their fallen state; or, whether this was something given to Cain and Abel (Genesis 4:4) in the form of a command that would be pleasing to Him because of their fallen state.  I still have many questions about these early altars.    

However, it is possible for me to see a meaning relating to the altars that Abraham built going back to his understanding of an altar that Noah built who would have had awareness of some of the earliest things that humanity has endured because of the fall.  

In conclusion, what I learned from the book of Jasher is something that is possible to learn from the Bible alone.  On the other hand, the early writings of Genesis can be an overwhelming study, in my opinion.  Therefore, I found the book of Jasher beneficial and edifying to my study of scripture in this way.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 hours ago, OakWood said:

No, Enoch contains no contradictions nor heresies.. Not the real Book of Enoch anyway. I have a copy and cannot find one single contradiction to scripture within it.

There are three books of Enoch, the second two contradict the Bible and should be avoided. Only the first book of Enoch is the true one and this has been verified by the Dead Sea scrolls. It was left out of the Bible because Enoch specified that it was written only for those who live in the End Times and also it disagrees with Catholic dogma, so it's no surprise that the Church omitted it from the canon.

By the time that the Protestant reformation had occurred the Book had been lost but ancient copies were kept in the archives of the Ethiopian Coptic Church and were brought back to Europe in the 1700s. The discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls in the 20th Century later confirmed the authenticity of the book.

There are two possibilities here:

1/ Either Enoch is a Satanic lie that has recently become popular again with the intention to deceive, but because it does not contradict scripture, nor does it twist the message of salvation, I cannot see how it can do this.

2/ Enoch has been preserved by God but has only just become popular again because God knows that we are in the End Times and he is reviving it as part of a new awakening. He allowed it to be omitted from scripture because the book was not meant to be ready for mass consumption at the time.

I'll leave that for you to decide, but to come out with the blanket statement that the book is false without reading it (and I guess that you haven't read it from what you say about it) then I think you are making a mistake.

yes it does, i have shown them over and over again. If you think it doesnt, then perhaps you need to actually read both the book and the Bible and hold them side by side.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

33 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

yes it does, i have shown them over and over again. If you think it doesnt, then perhaps you need to actually read both the book and the Bible and hold them side by side.

Hi Patriot

Can you please show again the contradictions in the book of Enoch. I am curious and I want to take a look.

I havn't read the book of Jasher, just the first few chapters and I wasn't convinced.  Maybe I read the wrong the version, but I am curious now, because like Enoch, the book of Jasher is mentioned in the scriptures.

Thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hi Patriot

Can you please show again the contradictions in the book of Enoch. I am curious and I want to take a look.

I havn't read the book of Jasher, just the first few chapters and I wasn't convinced.  Maybe I read the wrong the version, but I am curious now, because like Enoch, the book of Jasher is mentioned in the scriptures.

Thank you.

heres a quick run down of some of them, I could get into more, but, if history serves me right, people here will just crucify me for speaking the truth. This web page doesnt have all of them, but its a good place to start.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/book_of_enoch.htm

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

heres a quick run down of some of them, I could get into more, but, if history serves me right, people here will just crucify me for speaking the truth. This web page doesnt have all of them, but its a good place to start.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/book_of_enoch.htm

sorry this web site jesus is savior is , not a good or solid resource, it has many  things that are not biblical, and I would not use it as a resource, ,  I believe the first book of enoch, to be okay , and does not conflict at all that what I have read, to the scriptures,

but your web site is not credible,

thank you