• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Hi. I have been a member at Worthy for almost 9 years. In this time, I have had some dear pm friends that I developed some close friendships with. But then I would have my bad days and vent too much. I guess I eventually chased them away or they grew weary of me. But I say this (unbiased)...I believe that I spent countless hours trying to minister to them even when it was so rough on me physically. And I honestly think I wrote more positive pms than the ones that pushed their buttons.

Some were so upset with me that they blocked me or asked me to no longer write them. I miss them. ( If they see this post, I just hope they believe that. I also hope it is not wrong to pray they one day will help me feel forgiven by them and refer to me as a sister, as they once did...on the open forum. Even if they no longer wish to pm with me.) Heartfelt blessings go out to you. You know who you are.

Speaking of blessings, I am posting here to see if anyone else has encountered my problem. I seem to have a knack for rubbing others the wrong way. I try to be a kind person and have posted encouraging things many a time over the years. But when my chronic illnesses got in the way, I was simply unable to keep it up. That was my physical hindrance, though in my heart I still wanted to... God knows this is true.

Sorry this is long, btw. But if anyone else has gone through the experience of ( for some reason ) people just not taking to you or abruptly exiting your life after years of corresponding or typically totally ignoring your posts ( as in zero replies, lately. In the past, a barrage of critical/gruff ones ), please share how you handled it. Is it a sin to just want someone to be friendly and feel like part of the gang here?

I apologize to all I have offended. I truly don't want to rub folks the wrong way! In fact, I want to be a blessing. I can handle suggestions of what I am doing wrong to repel people. I want to be the best Christian I can. Not a people please, but a God pleaser, first and foremost. But it would be nice to be able to get along better with others too. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

17 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Turtletwo,

Sorry to hear about this. Now that you are ready to communicate again, here is what I would suggest:

1. Avoid pms altogether. Say what you have to say publicly, or hold your peace.

2. Post your understanding of Bible truth, not opinions.

3. If you see error or false teaching, use Scripture to expose it.

4. Remember that you -- like every Christian -- is in a spiritual battle, which includes conflict.  That does not require personal attacks but attacks on the lies of Satan.

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.63
  • Days Won:  2

Hi Turtletwo,

When so many people gather together, there is most certainly going to be a clash of personalities.  Some will see their view as the favorable one and others will not.  We must simply focus on the Lord and do what is right in His eyes through His Word.  All we can do is our best.  We won't please everyone all the time, but then again, we don't have to.

Many blessings to you, Always.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

TurtleTwo,

Im so blessed to see you posted here,

Trust and believe,that God knows and understands what your going through.

If your needing prayer,tell us,We are here to uplift each other,We may not fully understand your health issues,but ,we do care..

Many Blessings to you,With Gods Grace..7Dove77

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

23 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Hi. I have been a member at Worthy for almost 9 years. In this time, I have had some dear pm friends that I developed some close friendships with. But then I would have my bad days and vent too much. I guess I eventually chased them away or they grew weary of me. But I say this (unbiased)...I believe that I spent countless hours trying to minister to them even when it was so rough on me physically. And I honestly think I wrote more positive pms than the ones that pushed their buttons.

Some were so upset with me that they blocked me or asked me to no longer write them. I miss them. ( If they see this post, I just hope they believe that. I also hope it is not wrong to pray they one day will help me feel forgiven by them and refer to me as a sister, as they once did...on the open forum. Even if they no longer wish to pm with me.) Heartfelt blessings go out to you. You know who you are.

Speaking of blessings, I am posting here to see if anyone else has encountered my problem. I seem to have a knack for rubbing others the wrong way. I try to be a kind person and have posted encouraging things many a time over the years. But when my chronic illnesses got in the way, I was simply unable to keep it up. That was my physical hindrance, though in my heart I still wanted to... God knows this is true.

Sorry this is long, btw. But if anyone else has gone through the experience of ( for some reason ) people just not taking to you or abruptly exiting your life after years of corresponding or typically totally ignoring your posts ( as in zero replies, lately. In the past, a barrage of critical/gruff ones ), please share how you handled it. Is it a sin to just want someone to be friendly and feel like part of the gang here?

I apologize to all I have offended. I truly don't want to rub folks the wrong way! In fact, I want to be a blessing. I can handle suggestions of what I am doing wrong to repel people. I want to be the best Christian I can. Not a people please, but a God pleaser, first and foremost. But it would be nice to be able to get along better with others too. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Turtle I have dealt with similar troubles, sometimes people will ignore us sometimes they may even be offended or upset by us and not always because we said something wrong even Jesus's words upset people.

Your heart is clearly in the right place and i know you have been a true blessing to many ppl just from you sharing your heart in this post here, however you reach ppl's hearts even if that is by pm I would encourage you to continue to do so because even helping one soul causes the greatest and loudest applause in heaven. Simply by being there for others for being a shoulder they can cry on for giving an ear to listen that alone does far more than you know and one day when you are home you will understand what I am talking about you will see how vital your actions were even if it seemed small in your eyes you will see how vast of an effect it made.

the world needs children like you God specifically gives his children the heart to encourage to build to uplift because he knows more than anyone how it is needed. a simple act of being there for someone of encouraging them of helping them in their time of need can save a soul. Even if ppl end up ignoring you don't give up and don't stop following your heart because it's clear God has been guiding your heart and you have been following it. Just know that no matter if ppl ignore you or react in a bad way that doesn't mean you messed up or didn't reach their hearts because a lot of times ppl change in time and tend to look back on encouragement and advice given in the past.

many times our actions don't show fruit until later in the future

2 Corinthians)-For no matter how many promises God has made,They are "YES" in Christ. And so through Him the "AMEN" is spoken by us to the Glory of God;

Turtletwo,Blessings to you,With Gods Grace.

7Dove77

HeartSearcher,I like your post.

Blessings,7Dove77

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Turtle,,,,,

You will ALWAYS be My Sister ,,,,,,,,,I have a little suggestion since you've asked & say you are not a people please & do not seek approval except from God,,,,,,,,learn to forgive yourself as He has forgiven you.....it is a MUST DO

If any of the people you speak of are truly followers of Christ then you have been forgiven by them for whatever may have occurred,perhaps you might want to consider going over what keeps happening ,,,,,,It is said that when you keep doing the same thing over & over that you cannot expect a different result,,,,,maybe your expectations are too high?People are just people and they cannot always give what is demanded of them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sometimes we can even expect more than we are willing to give/share

Sometimes we just want more than a person is capable of giving & that could be     time,responses,availability,attention,answers etc,,,,, Ask yourself some questions,,,,,,,,,what can I do differently?Ask the Lord to help you to see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You remain in my prayers

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

I have had a knack of saying what's on my mind, and still have problems with that from time to time. What has put things in perspective for me lately, is the realization that when I'm speaking I may as well be speaking to the Almighty Himself. With that knowledge, sometimes it's best not to say anything at all. The book of Proverbs addresses this along with James. You have been humble enough to confess this to an audience, may Elohim bless you with comfort. I hope things work out.