• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Hi, hannah, and welcome to Worthy.  I would also point you to the answers Ezra gave you for they are excellent.  And I want to make it perfectly clear; you are free to ask questions without being asked why you want to know.  Are you a Christian? 

It's nice to meet you, Glory :) And thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, i'm a christian. I've been so my entire life. It's just that i've felt my faith shaking these past few months because of the questions that i've listed above. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 4/6/2016 at 8:33 PM, algots said:

For what purpose? There are answers. If these questions are answered will you then believe, or will you then question the answers? And then question those answers, and so on, and so on, and so on? No one is implying that people shouldn't have questions. But one must acknowledge that not everyone's motives for such questions are as honest and pure as they claim.

Let's take your question #5 as an example.

Where did you get the idea that tattoos are on an equal level with homosexuality? One says that it shouldn't be done. The other says those doing it need to be executed (in the Old Testament). The punishment, alone, should tell you that they aren't on the same playing field. Those who put them on equal terms usually do so in an attempt to lessen the severity of the one because of personal biases. One has the potential to wipe out entire populations for, not only, reproductive reasons, but the entire moral decay which is closely related with it, not to mention, the possibility of diseases associated with any immoral sexual activity. While the prohibition of the other sets those people apart from the surrounding cultures in a physical and visual aspect.

Do you really think that a life of homosexual activity is the same as getting a one time tattoo? The Bible doesn't, either.

So, the question remains. Why do you ask?

I'll keep asking questions until i'm satisfied with the answer i get. It isn't wrong if you have doubts. Getting your answers clear would only make you spiritually stronger, which was my only intent. 

However, since you asked, i'd like to call it curiosity. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

9 minutes ago, Davidjayjordan said:

Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible, in Job and a few other places. NO dinosaurs preexisted mankind, as human footprints and dinosaur prints are found together. Dinosaurs are created by the Lord and disappeared one with the tilt of the Earth at the original sin, changing climates, and during the Great Worldwide Flood. Both proveable and amazing and scientific, and exactly historically pinpointed. All science backs up creation, no science backs up evolution. Science is based on facts and the design of laws and harmony etc etc.... Evolution is a theory on a theory on a theopry that is bogus and unproveable and insane and against all proven laws, including thermodynamics.. etc etc..

NO other tribe, Adam and Eve had many children, male and female... Cain married his sister.... simple truthful answer

God is the Great I am, before Abraham was, Jesus was and was from the Beginning. In scalar energy there is no time, we are beyond time, as in Revelations as in science... as with the Lord. He is the eternal NOW and Forever.

Gayness, beards, tatoos etc etc.. are church doctrines..... stick to Jesus doctrines then everything makes sense.

3. Alien is word semantics, forget negative word associations etc etc.... go beyond to truths and principles. Most churches teach semantics and linquistics as if it makes one righteous, go by the heart and spirit of the law of love

Personally I don't believe in tattoos.  That is just my opinion.  As for "gayness" as you stated, God calls it an abomination.  He did not create anyone to be gay.  It is a lie from the enemy himself.

18 minutes ago, Hannahbvb said:

I'll keep asking questions until i'm satisfied with the answer i get. It isn't wrong if you have doubts. Getting your answers clear would only make you spiritually stronger, which was my only intent. 

However, since you asked, i'd like to call it curiosity. 

The answers you are satisfied with?  or what you want to hear?   What if you don't like the answer but it's the truth?  Then what?  Seek the truth  Remember Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father but through Me" 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

51 minutes ago, Hannahbvb said:

Thanks you so much for answering all of my doubts! However, Cain was exiled, so was it really possible to reunite and marry one of his sisters/cousins in the exiled land?

By asking this I went back to my Bible to make sure I had my facts right.

And I realised something I had not before...

Cain was probably married before he was exiled! Lets look at the actual verse.

Genesis 4:16-17 (NIV)

16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,[a] east of Eden.

17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.

Some translations have this a 'knew his wife' which is just a biblical term for making love. It does not say he met his wife whilst in exile. So it is quite possible (and more likely now I think about it) that he was already married before he killed Abel.

However, that is not to say other sons and daughters of Adam & Eve had not already gone out and where living in this land, (in fact they must have been as Cain feared being killed). 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Hannahbvb

You just keep asking those questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,no problem! Rusty doesn't mind lots of questions either & I know her well enough to say that,,,,,she just wants to make sure you understand that you have to seek Gods Truth in every answer,see if it lines u p with Scripture & whether you like the answer not,be willing to receive what God has for you (Wisdom & Understanding),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we can only receive His Wisdom & Understanding if we remove ourselves(SELF),,,,,trhat includes our carnal heart & carnal mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ask for Jesus Heart & Jesus Mind,He abides in the Believer

I have a few homosexual friends, and i'm not sure how to bring them to the right track. I know it's their life and all, but it would be really dreadful if they didn't make it to heaven.

Hannahbvb,it is okay,,,,,,it is a wonderful thing that these people have you in their life,don't worry about what you will say but be aware of the things you do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,love them,as Christ loves you........speak when the Holy Spirit gives you the opportunity to speak the Words He will give you........again,pray the Heart & Mind of Christ

Trust in the Lord
4So you will find favor and good repute In the sight of God and man. 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.…                                                  Proverbs 3:4-6

Feed your spirit with Gods Word & the Holy Spirit will bring remembrance to you.....

King James Bible
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
                                                                                                                               John 14:26

You are like a cup,be filled with Gods Word so that you can pour it out on to others & keep filling it back up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,To God be the Glory!!!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Algot is right, some people ask and ask and dont really want answers, just want to ask so called tough questions, to substantiate their unbelief. And have an excuse for themselves. Yet on the other hand, some people do have questions they need answered intelligently and sanely and scientifically, this is no problem with the Lord. But some Christian people dont have the answers so get upset when asked queries to their FAITH and blame the questioners.

So its an individual case scenario.

Besides real answers come from real research and DEPTH not from one sentence replies. Both sides have to go DEEP, rather than superficial. IMO.

Answer him that asketh thee ..... Jesus said search out a matter and know it from different directions so you can answer new people, or those weak in the faith etc etc...

Homosexuality is a huge and important topic, that most Christian forums resist having.

Sexual orientation not aligned to church doctrine is almost their worst and most evil of all sins...

22 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Personally I don't believe in tattoos.  That is just my opinion.  As for "gayness" as you stated, God calls it an abomination.  He did not create anyone to be gay.  It is a lie from the enemy himself.

I disagree, The Lord created all orientations as He is the Creator and one word in Genesis does not negate all biology and all creation, and make a different orientation vile and evil and sinful.... Ha just unproductive from a reproductive perspective.

If that causes me to be banned so be it !!

1 minute ago, Davidjayjordan said:

I disagree, The Lord created all orientations as He is the Creator and one word in Genesis does not negate all biology and all creation, and make a different orientation vile and evil and sinful.... Ha just unproductive from a reproductive perspective.

If that causes me to be banned so be it !!

Read the Bible.  Starting in Leviticus 18:22. Then read about the Sodium and Gomorrah.  Then go into Romans Chapter 1, there's but you can finally go into Revelation, it also speaks about sexual immorality if you still wish to believe that God created them that way then that is your right. I don't know how you can deny what scriptures says but that too is your right.  As for me, I'm done with the topic.

Blessings RustyAngeL