• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I'm not telling anyone what to believe, anyone can believe what they like? I'm saying I am a believer, and with all the evidence available I don't understand how anyone can say there is no God.

You started a thread with the words "There is no such thing as an atheist..."  Can you not understand how an atheist might feel like you are telling them what to believe?  I agree with you about God and the evidence, but then again we have a world full of evidence that the earth is a globe and yet there are whole threads on here with people denying it.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, siegi91 said:

My fellow Jews do not accept them. They are still waiting for the main prophecy to be fulfilled.

And if they are not convinced, being religious and all, how do you expect a strong atheist like me to be convinced?

I don't.

I know many Jews who still do not believe their messiah has already come? After raising the dead, healing the sick, casting out demons, they still asked Him for a sign?  

Matt. 12:38, Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

Josephus wrote; "Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day."

All Christs disciples the lot of the, died professing Christ. Who ever has, or ever will die for anyone they follow these days? 

I was an atheist once, and after several miraculous totally unexplainable episodes and events in my life, I tried to disprove the Bible, calling it a book of childish unbelievable fables. After several years of in depth study, the more I tried to disprove it, the more I failed.

A close friend once asked me, after hearing our fellow co-workers curse God and saying bad things about Him, he asked me if I believed in God. I replied that I did. He, told me, he was unsure and that he would never say bad things or curse God, just in case He did exist.

I said, good move my friend.

He was seriously  injured at work (coal mines), he was taken to hospital and he died a few day later.

Pity he cannot come back and tell us who met him on his death bed. Was it Jesus, or was it Satan?

You will say, you don't believe in the devil either, how could you if you don't believe in God?

11 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

You started a thread with the words "There is no such thing as an atheist..."  Can you not understand how an atheist might feel like you are telling them what to believe?  I agree with you about God and the evidence, but then again we have a world full of evidence that the earth is a globe and yet there are whole threads on here with people denying it.  

"There is no such thing as an atheist..." is simply a statement, it's not saying an atheist must believe in God?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, HAZARD said:

What about the fulfilled prophecy, things spoken of and predicted hundreds if not thousands of years ago?

The prophecies are often very vague, don't give timelines are left open for interpretation etc etc.  

6 hours ago, Bonky said:

The prophecies are often very vague, don't give timelines are left open for interpretation etc etc.  

No, not the ones fulfilled.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 4/6/2016 at 7:18 PM, HAZARD said:

There's no such thing as an atheist according to the Bible.

Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”

Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”

They simply just refuse to believe! It is these who simply refuse to believe there is no God that He will deny knowing as well on the last day.

Matthew 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

John. 20:29, "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

Psalm 14:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." 

Psalm 53:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good."

For those who have never heard of God, Jesus, or the Bible, and have lived their lives as decent law abiding persons in the society they were raised and lived in, God will do good by them also, for God is no respecter of persons.

Romans 2: 11, For there is no respect of persons with God.

V, 12, For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

V, 13, (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

V, 14, For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

For those who believe there is no God, this is your lineage;

"Don't be discouraged poor little fly, you'll be a chipmunk by and by.

Ages later I can see, you'll be a full grown chimpanzee.

Next I see with a prophets ken, you'll take place in the ranks of men.

And then in the great sweet by and by, we'll be angels - you and I.

Why should I swat you dear little fly? Prospective chum of my home on high.

This is what Darwin says - not I"

He is saying there should be no atheists, but we also know Satan can deceive. They are enveloped by a blindness so to speak.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 6/22/2016 at 7:06 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

I believe that an atheist chooses to believe that there is no God because they want nothing to do with Him. 

This is due to God's moral law of which conflicts with there lifestyle choices. 

They do have a set paradigm that everything has a natural explanation no matter what. 

From that they have another paradigm and that is evolution is true no matter what. 

These are set dogmatic beliefs.

Natural rhetoric and evolutionary rhetoric has become sustained by several dogmatic arguments for evidence.

This has all the hallmarks of an seclusive and exclusive cult.

Atheism has become a religion in every sense of the word because to be an atheist you have to adhere to a set of beliefs or doctrines. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 4/8/2016 at 1:21 AM, HAZARD said:

Disagree all you want, the Bible is full of warnings and reminders that those who deny God will not be saved. The majority of non-believers I have met and know are not Bible literate, in fact one of my closest friends often tells me and those around us at the time that he does not believe in God at all, and says when he dies there will be nothing at all, just death, the end, all over! So are you suggesting I say; "No worries mate, all will be good, you have nothing to worry about?" Nothing I say or do will ever convince him any differently.

Jesus plainly and clearly stated in; Matt. 10:33, "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

So as not to be seen as ungracious and insensitive as you put it, toward my friend and other un - believers, your suggesting I remain quiet about God and His word? I have had dozens of them laugh, mock, poke fun at and ridicule much of what I have revealed to them regarding God and yet, a few have turned.

Sure God is loving, kind, merciful, and long suffering, but to remain a non - believer until death and on  judgment day it will be too late for them to have a change of heart. I don't want to be around when God separates them from His faithful believers and have Him tell me, WHY DID YOU NOT TELL THEM."

4 X 4. Four wheel drive vehicles. Traveling across unexplored territory, no roads, bridges, directional signage just maps of the territory in general. Hunting, fishing and surviving without outside assistance.

I don't like the term atheist. It's an odd and unhelpful way to describe a person. I am not an astrologer, but no one will see much use in describing me as non-astrologer.

I can spend all day listing all the things I am not or do not believe in. I am an a-hindu, a non-muslim, a non-window-washer and an a-leprechaunist .

I much prefer the term naturalist. This  I have in common with all people, since we all live in the natural world and all of us study it from infancy until the day we die.

When we are driving our cars on the freeway we are aware of the laws of physics and we try to be alert as not to cause ourselves or others serious injury or death.

Hence, we are all naturalists.

Now, there are people who proclaim that in addition to the natural world there exists a supernatural realm. That's why I usually refer to religious people as supernaturalists. 

And it seems to me that anyone who makes a claim like this has quite a bit of explaining to do.

Andrew

8 minutes ago, Andrew Ryan said:

I don't like the term atheist. It's an odd and unhelpful way to describe a person. I am not an astrologer, but no one will see much use in describing me as non-astrologer.

I can spend all day listing all the things I am not or do not believe in. I am an a-hindu, a non-muslim, a non-window-washer and an a-leprechaunist .

I much prefer the term naturalist. This  I have in common with all people, since we all live in the natural world and all of us study it from infancy until the day we die.

When we are driving our cars on the freeway we are aware of the laws of physics and we try to be alert as not to cause ourselves or others serious injury or death.

Hence, we are all naturalists.

Now, there are people who proclaim that in addition to the natural world there exists a supernatural realm. That's why I usually refer to religious people as supernaturalists. 

And it seems to me that anyone who makes a claim like this has quite a bit of explaining to do.

Andrew

Like the word or not, that what non-believers are;

Atheist | Definition of Atheist by Merriam-Webster.

Simple Definition of atheist: a person who believes that God does not exist. Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary ; Full Definition of atheist

I speak to people all the time, telling hem about God and the fact that He does exist, and some tell me in no uncertain terms that I am crazy, and God does not exist and is a figment of deluded peoples imaginations. And many add, and the Bible is a book of fairy stories believed by idiots and simpleton's.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

9 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Like the word or not, that what non-believers are;

Atheist | Definition of Atheist by Merriam-Webster.

Simple Definition of atheist: a person who believes that God does not exist. Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary ; Full Definition of atheist

I speak to people all the time, telling hem about God and the fact that He does exist, and some tell me in no uncertain terms that I am crazy, and God does not exist and is a figment of deluded peoples imaginations. And many add, and the Bible is a book of fairy stories believed by idiots and simpleton's.

Well, this isn't a way to carry on an adult discussion.

Surely we can rise above the level of a toddler's retort in a playground and instead engage the substance of each others arguments ?

Andrew