IGNORED

Why do people say, Catholics are Christians ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

okay , I wanted to ask , if Christians believe what they do , and I claim to follow the bible, , and then ,

you have Catholics, and they go to catholic churches, ? then why do people say that they are both the same ?

they have there own catholic bible and there own religious ways, and it is way different from a non denomination Christian bible church,

I have also noticed and heard from members here that we are both the same and there is no difference ?

I believe I know the difference, and so why would, any one say its the same,? and we both worship the same ?

this comes from out siders that don't go to church , and believers that do go to church ?

thank you

okay , I wanted to ask , if Christians believe what they do , and I claim to follow the bible, , and then ,

you have Catholics, and they go to catholic churches, ? then why do people say that they are both the same ?

they have there own catholic bible and there own religious ways, and it is way different from a non denomination Christian bible church,

I have also noticed and heard from members here that we are both the same and there is no difference ?

I believe I know the difference, and so why would, any one say its the same,? and we both worship the same ?

this comes from out siders that don't go to church , and believers that do go to church ?

thank you

I believe it has to do with....The essentials of the faith...................

What is your list?

Guest Thallasa

thank you

The reason people say catholics are christians is because the majority of them are ,and I would say that from  my experiencebetter than many  others . Your question comes from ignorance of other cultures . Have you ever left the the US ?

The idea that the Church or bible would have survived without a society around it is impossible and the bible where did it come from ?. The early Church had to grow into a world Church and live in a real world ,not the fantasy which seems to beset so many who know so little about the world beyond .  There are problems  living in reality with real people over time. 

Have you never got to know Catholics that you can ask  directly  ? What a strange situation ? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Before you go off on a rabbit trail and point fingers lets define a Christian.

Question: "What is a Christian?"

Answer:
A dictionary definition of a Christian would be something similar to “a person professing belief in Jesus as the Christ or in the religion based on the teachings of Jesus.” While this is a good starting point, like many dictionary definitions, it falls somewhat short of really communicating the biblical truth of what it means to be a Christian. The word “Christian” is used three times in the New Testament (Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16). Followers of Jesus Christ were first called “Christians” in Antioch (Acts 11:26) because their behavior, activity, and speech were like Christ. The word “Christian” literally means, “belonging to the party of Christ” or a “follower of Christ.”

Unfortunately over time, the word “Christian” has lost a great deal of its significance and is often used of someone who is religious or has high moral values but who may or may not be a true follower of Jesus Christ. Many people who do not believe and trust in Jesus Christ consider themselves Christians simply because they go to church or they live in a “Christian” nation. But going to church, serving those less fortunate than you, or being a good person does not make you a Christian. Going to church does not make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile. Being a member of a church, attending services regularly, and giving to the work of the church does not make you a Christian.

The Bible teaches that the good works we do cannot make us acceptable to God. Titus 3:5 says, “He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.” So, a Christian is someone who has been born again by God (John 3:3; John 3:7; 1 Peter 1:23) and has put faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8 tells us that it is “…by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.”

A true Christian is a person who has put faith and trust in the person and work of Jesus Christ, including His death on the cross as payment for sins and His resurrection on the third day. John 1:12 tells us, “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” The mark of a true Christian is love for others and obedience to God’s Word (1 John 2:4, 10). A true Christian is indeed a child of God, a part of God’s true family, and one who has been given new life in Jesus Christ.

http://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-a-Christian.html

Has that Catholic genuinely asked Jesus Christ into their heart and life? Then I guess you could say they are a Christian. There are many who are not Christian that are not a Catholic who label themselves as such who are not.

The reason people say catholics are christians is because the majority of them are ,and I would say that from  my experiencebetter than many  others . Your question comes from ignorance of other cultures . Have you ever left the the US ?

The idea that the Church or bible would have survived without a society around it is impossible and the bible where did it come from ?. The early Church had to grow into a world Church and live in a real world ,not the fantasy which seems to beset so many who know so little about the world beyond .  There are problems  living in reality with real people over time. 

Have you never got to know Catholics that you can ask  directly  ? What a strange situation ? 

okay , I can except that I am asking this question from a American citizen society , and not from other countries, or cultures, and so you are right on that, but let me, also explain, something, I have been around the world and met, many people and cultures , and visited ,  a lot , and most for the Christian view is taken in as a catholic based church , for the non denomination churches are more of a missionary style type church or gathering around the world , so yes , I can except that, but my question is based to the American culture , and how we see things, I was raised as a catholic and then became a Christian, and so I know the differences and I have lived , it, I also have friends and people I know that are catholics, love God, but they  are not in tuned with a personal relationship and do not live in the ways of Jesus , they live as the world is and are, not aware they are in any wrong, and so they carry on as good  and nice people, but never understanding the personal relationship , with  God, and never wanting to change from what they know, and so I totally understand this, I posted this to figure out in America why we think they are the same and there is a divide, and so it is fair to say this from experience and from my surroundings and  of my understanding to day , that I follow

thank you and blessings to you , and the topics last I remember are for learning and teaching of the word , not about personal dealings that have nothing to do with the topic, thank you for your time,

Because people don't really know the differences. They've been spoon fed ecumenical, can't we all just get along. So, like zombies they just parrot what they've heard and have been taught without actually thinking these things through.  And the minute you question them on it, they get offended, because they can't answer your questions, and then blame you for starting an argument.

Catholics are Catholics and Christians are Christians.

If Catholics are Christians, then Martin Luther fought for nothing.

agree 199% ,but it seems t hard for some to understand this simple  problem ? shalom brother

Because the dead understand nothing.

lol....:D

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

thank you

Catholics follow Jesus as their Messiah.  They are Christians who have wandered off in a somewhat different direction than Protestants but the two churches started as one.  Is this going to be another Catholic bashing thread or are we going to discuss FACTS?

Full Definition of Christian; from Merriam-Webster:

1 a :  one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ b (1) :  disciple 2 (2) :  a member of one of the Churches of Christ separating from the Disciples of Christ in 1906 (3) :  a member of the Christian denomination having part in the union of the United Church of Christ concluded in 1961

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Because people don't really know the differences. They've been spoon fed ecumenical, can't we all just get along pablum. So, like zombies they just parrot what they've heard and have been taught without actually thinking these things through.  And the minute you question them on it, they get offended, because they can't answer your questions, and then blame you for starting an argument.

Catholics are Catholics and Christians are Christians.

If Catholics are Christians, then Martin Luther fought for nothing.

Looks like old Martin fought for nothing then.

this has nothing to do with bashing any one, so before you say its about  something that its not , its a fair topic and it really does happen, and so why would you want to get angry again? I was raised a catholic until I became a Christian and so this is a topic of understanding and that's all,  we don't need to go off topic thank you