IGNORED

Meditate on the word of God, is needed !

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

I believe we never take enough time, to soak up the power of the word of God, and wanted to start by given out the first Psalm #1

blessings to all , and I pray this is good for you thoughts ,

Psalms 1:1   Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psalms 1:2   But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalms 1:3   And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psalms 1:4   The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Psalms 1:5   Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Psalms 1:6   For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

shalom and peace

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Amen~!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Memorization of Scripture is mandatory to shield against the fiery darts of the wicked. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I had just started meditation on Psm 1 minutes before I read you post!  

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Note the prominence of the "law of the Lord". See that it is not the "laws of the Lord" (plural), but the "law of the Lord" (singular). And what is this law, since in the Holy Scripture, particularly in the Testament of the Law, are there hundreds of laws? Therefore, the "law of the Lord" represents Jesus Christ Himself. That is to say, every word that is breathed from His mouth is our law and nourishment (Deuteronomy 8:3; Matthew 4.4). After all, God’s children are only those who are personally guided by Him (Romans 8:14), walking and living in spirit (Galatians 5:16,25).

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:19 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

I believe we never take enough time, to soak up the power of the word of God, and wanted to start by given out the first Psalm #1

blessings to all , and I pray this is good for you thoughts ,

Psalms 1:1   Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psalms 1:2   But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalms 1:3   And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psalms 1:4   The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Psalms 1:5   Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Psalms 1:6   For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

shalom and peace

I can sing this Psalm :) 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I LOVE God's Word, the Bible.  His law is to love the Lord our God with all our being, heart, soul, our strength, mind.  And to love our neighbors as ourselves, as Jesus loved us and laid down His life for us.  

Precepts Bible studies taught me to read though a whole book first to find the context.  Who was it written to?  what is the purpose of the book?  What is God trying to accomplish?  Where was it written and when?  How does it apply to my life and what lessons can I learn from it.?    Then I go back to the beginning and study a passage.    Basically I ask the same questions.  But I give more attention to the sentence structure and frequently used words.  So many times I have found in other Bible studies that people read sentences wrong and think adjectives are the subject of a sentence instead of modifying the subject.  So they have no idea what they are reading.  After this I start using a Bible Dictionary or Lexicon to better understand the exact meaning of a word and how it is used.  Often The Holy Spirit opens the meaning of a sentence to me this way.  Then putting it back into context, I move on,  often reading till a phrase draws my attention, grabbing my curiosity.  This is something I cross reference to study this subject to more depth.  At this point I may meditate on this subject for days, chewing on its meaning and often applying its significance to my life.  

So I am not a person who uses a 1 year Bible, even though that has many benefits.  Being a slow reader with poor comprehension, I use my handicap to its advantage.  Reading more slowly and meditating of God's Word, taking notes and underlining portions, is the better method for me.