• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

19 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Well what response do you want?  Shall we tell you that people are going to stop being people and this site, or others, is going to become what it should be?  That wouldn't be reality so what is the point of doing that?  I agree that more civility is warranted; I don't agree that we can make other people respond the way we'd like them to.  All any of us can do is police ourselves.  OT, I like the coffee shop scenario where people throw buns and cakes at each other.  Much better than bullets.  I think you're worrying too much about this, Esther.  I suggest catching the flying buns and cakes and having them for breakfast.  We can't make an enemy of someone we have never met.

It would be nice to see all people being kind to one another,see the fruit that the Holy Spirit has given us and see no false teaching but......I don't think that is going to happen in the world we live in now. Even on a Christian message board sad to say :(

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, bopeep1909 said:

It would be nice to see all people being kind to one another,see the fruit that the Holy Spirit has given us and see no false teaching but......I don't think that is going to happen in the world we live in now. Even on a Christian message board sad to say :(

Exactly.  We can wish that things were better in that regard but, as I said, all we can do is control OURSELVES.  Worrying about what others do is futile and produces nothing.  The upside is, if enough of us DO police ourselves, the more civil arena may just come about on it's own.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, bopeep1909 said:

:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Boy o boy, I wonder if a person could actually post some targeted unflattering words towards another poster and not be a member of the Flamers club.  I mean, I never even heard the word associated that way before I read this thread.  And for some reason, I don't think that I would care to be labeled a "Flamer" even if it was not a bad label.  It just doesn't sound like a good thing to me. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, 1x1is1 said:

Boy o boy, I wonder if a person could actually post some targeted unflattering words towards another poster and not be a member of the Flamers club.  I mean, I never even heard the word associated that way before I read this thread.  And for some reason, I don't think that I would care to be labeled a "Flamer" even if it was not a bad label.  It just doesn't sound like a good thing to me. 

No not on a Christian message board anyway. I have seen some pretty bad stuff on secular sites but that should not be in the heart of a Christian.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/22/2016 at 8:30 PM, bopeep1909 said:

I think there is a difference between flaming and disagreement with a person's view of theology. Worthy is a Christian message board so you are going to see less verbal abuse than you see on a secular message board.

I dunno. I've seen some real ugliness in the name of Christianity. No surprise... people have shed blood for what they believe is true.

But here, I agree with MG, the mods do a superb job of keeping things cordial here.