IGNORED

Is there a thin line between love and hate?

gavenv

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 23/04/2016 at 10:09 PM, gavenv said:

I have a question that I would like everybody to weigh in on. Jesus loves everyone from the day they are born but still some people don't cherish that and have hate in their hearts. Why????

This does not reflect a thin line between love and hate, but the fact that even though God and Christ love sinners, all those who are not in Christ are at enmity with God.  It is only through the Gospel and the power of the Holy Spirit that men and women repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.  Then love for God and Christ follows.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/9/2016 at 5:14 PM, woundeddog said:

maybe a little off track, but at the mission we get lots of people that talk "Church"- but I always try and ask them-- why they think they are Christians-- what did Jesus do for you, and its disappointingly surprising that many dont know

You know what wounded? that is better way to ask the same question.  I stand corrected.  Thank you for sharing that.   Blessings RustyAngeL

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Gaven.....

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,,,glad you are here! Praise Jesus!

This seems to be yet another thread not conforming to the  purpose of the seekers lounge, that of preaching the gospel, answering questions in a way, that would answer a person's need to know about Jesus, and all the implications of that.

Because of non-conformity with the purposes of ministering to SEEKERS, this thread may be temporary, subject to deletion or moving to another area.

posted by Omegaman

Because you have posted in the Seekers Lounge,may I ask? Are you a Christian or a "Seeker"?    

In consideration of your OP I do think Ezra gave the most appropriate answer

his does not reflect a thin line between love and hate, but the fact that even though God and Christ love sinners, all those who are not in Christ are at enmity with God.  It is only through the Gospel and the power of the Holy Spirit that men and women repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.  Then love for God and Christ follows.                                                       posted by Ezra

Before submitting to Christ we are carnal,of flesh,,,,,,,,,,,our hearts & minds(& spirit) are not yet indwelled by the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,we are at enmity with God

Even after Jesus abides in us we may still not fully "forsake" the heart,mind,flesh & hinder the Love that flows by the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,only by full commitment,surrender,submission to Christ can we walk in Spirit & in Truth,,,,,,,,,,,        To God be the Glory       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I think so

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/22/2016 at 11:17 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I do not see the connection between your title question, and the question in the post itself. As to the title question, no, the line not thin, it is a wide gulf! One looks nothing like the other.

Jesus loves people, from way before their birth, from before the foundation of the world. My question to you is, what are you personally, doing in response to His love for you?

Very good question Omega for all of us.  We can say we love Jesus but what are we doing to prove that love?  Yes very good question for all of us indeed.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/22/2016 at 11:09 PM, gavenv said:

I have a question that I would like everybody to weigh in on....
Jesus loves everyone from the day they are born....
but still some people don't cherish that....
and have hate in their hearts....
Why....

:emot-heartbeat:

Trust

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

And Pray

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalms 139:23-24

And Walk In The Way

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

Or Not

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The distinction and extent of one. Is equal and opposite to the distinction and extent of the other. Absent of either, neither are perceivable.  Which reminds me of something i read in Genesis.