• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

21 hours ago, JohnD said:

The only solution to it all is for America to unanimously and unequivocally repent and turn back to Christ.

almost all of the people I know and deal with have never left Jesus.....    and our Government has never been Christian.....   if you look at the architecture of Washington DC it is practically all Roman  and Egyptian paganism.   The whole layout of Washington DC is occultic.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, other one said:

almost all of the people I know and deal with have never left Jesus.....    and our Government has never been Christian.....   if you look at the architecture of Washington DC it is practically all Roman  and Egyptian paganism.   The whole layout of Washington DC is occultic.

1. America was never a Christian nation, but a nation of Christians despite the compromised government (from its founding)

2. The Church has been in a state of apostasy for some 1500 years consisting of a saved remnant despite the traditions of man that fracture the Body and nullify the Word of God

almost all of the people you know and deal with have never left the form of Christianity they subscribe to...

and our government was never meant to be Christian...

the fact remains that whatever form of Christianity people subscribe to, they either practice it less, practice it less often, practice it less openly and have adopted atheistic humanism as the "middle ground" of the religions...

I did say we must turn back to Christ... rather we need to discover the real Christ of the Bible and turn to him.

Matthew 11:27 (AV)
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 8:19 (AV)
19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

I keep coming back to these verses.

People tend to be keen on the idea that they already know who and what God is.

Jesus warned of counterfeit Christs (Matthew 24:24, Mark 13:22). Paul warned about "another Jesus" (2 Corinthians 11:3-4). Jesus himself encountered the Jews and the Jewish leaders who presumed to know who God was and did not have a clue that he was the God of the Old Testament they dealt with all along... that the Father was their new acquaintance, not him. Many people to this very moment think the Father was the primary individual in the Godhead of the Old Testament and Jesus was the mystery revealed (though his incarnation was a mystery that was revealed). 

Malachi 1:6 (AV)
6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

Jesus is not "the Father" but he is a Father... the Father of Creation (John 1:3, Colossians 1:16) the Father of Adam (Luke 3:38)...

The Father of Jesus (i.e. his body) is not the Creator of heaven and earth. Clearly the only creation of his is the body of Jesus (Hebrews 10:5, Hebrews 1:5, John 1:14).

But the crystal clear doctrine has been muddied up by the traditions of man which founded versions of Christianity for people to subscribe to.

We need to get back to the Bible in America and around the world. 

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Timothy 3:16–17 (AV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Hebrews 4:12 (AV)
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

John 17:17 (AV)
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 8:31–32 (AV)
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 14:6 (AV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Matthew 11:25–27 (AV)
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Isaiah 28:9–13 (AV)
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Proverbs 8:17 (AV)
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

John 16:26–27 (AV)
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Deuteronomy 29:29 (AV)
29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Proverbs 25:2 (AV)
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (AV)
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1 John 4:1 (AV)
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 (AV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2 Timothy 2:15 (AV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

1. America was never a Christian nation, but a nation of Christians despite the compromised government (from its founding)

2. The Church has been in a state of apostasy for some 1500 years consisting of a saved remnant despite the traditions of man that fracture the Body and nullify the Word of God

almost all of the people you know and deal with have never left the form of Christianity they subscribe to...

and our government was never meant to be Christian...

the fact remains that whatever form of Christianity people subscribe to, they either practice it less, practice it less often, practice it less openly and have adopted atheistic humanism as the "middle ground" of the religions...

I did say we must turn back to Christ... rather we need to discover the real Christ of the Bible and turn to him.

Even our founding fathers who were deists expressed the opinion that a Republic would not exist for long unless it was populated by a high moral people.....    I agree it was the Christians who came here with a high work ethic and good morals and the desire of helping each other that made the country great.... 

Understand, I am not suggesting I have found the correct Jesus and everyone should follow me to the Promised Land... but I am saying that there tends to be your Jesus and my Jesus and the real Jesus... and the way to find the real Jesus (for us all) is in the untampered with Bible. People, Churches, denominations, etc. have tampered with the Bible down through the ages with human interpretations of what should have been Holy Spirit interpretation only. 

Just wanted to get that point across.

1 hour ago, other one said:

Even our founding fathers who were deists expressed the opinion that a Republic would not exist for long unless it was populated by a high moral people.....    I agree it was the Christians who came here with a high work ethic and good morals and the desire of helping each other that made the country great.... 

Agreed. And there were more deists among them than is generally known or taught. No disparaging to Wall Builders, but there was (as is usual) a cross section of human representation even in early America. It was only ever the majority of people who were either believers or who lived by Christian principles.