IGNORED

Who's first answering the Bible question?

angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

In Regards to HAZARD'squestion ,I thought of this Scripture verse...........

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Correct, Sorry I'm late responding, had to go out.

There are In fact three Scriptures; You go one right. There are these as well.

Gal. 4:9-10.

Gal. 4:9, But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
V. 10, Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Coll. 2:14-17;

Coll. 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
V. 16, ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
V. 17, Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

10 hours ago, Butero said:

I don't know of any scripture that teaches we can choose any calendar day we want and make it a Sabbath unto the Lord.  I do know that in Hebrews chapter 4, it speaks of the rest we enter into when we place our trust in Christ.  It actually speaks of this rest in chapter 4:1-11.  I will just post verses 9-11, but it would be helpful to read the entire passage.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.  10  For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.  11  Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

We are required to keep the Sabbath.  If we don't enter into that rest spoken of in Hebrews, we will be cast away because of our unbelief, as many of the children of Israel fell in the wilderness and couldn't enter into Canaan because of unbelief.  It is not a calendar day at all.  It is a rest all Christians enter into when they cease from their own labors of sin and cast their burdens on the Lord.  "Pilgrim's Progress" comes to mind, as Christian was going around with that heavy burden on his back until he placed his trust in Jesus. 

You did ask if we wanted a hint.  If you have something else in mind, I would very much like a hint, because I can't think of any scripture that leads me to believe I can choose which day I desire to keep it as the Sabbath.  Under the Old Testament, the Sabbath was clearly the seventh day, and it can never be anything but the seventh day which is Saturday. 

Well here they are, so now you know;

Rom. 14:5-6.

Rom. 14:5, One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
V. 6, He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Gal. 4:9, But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Coll. 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
V. 16, ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

8 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Okay,,,here is my question.....

Somebody took somebody to a field,,,,,,he built 7 altars & offered a bull & a ram on each altar,,,,,,,,,who was that?

It would be great to get fast replies as I did in the beginning so as not to "google",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you just don't know who is at the computer or who is just logging on/logging off/reading another thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,easy to cheat                       Love,Kwik

It was Balaam.

Num. 23:1 And Balaam said unto Balak, Build me here seven altars, and prepare me here seven oxen and seven rams.

How many mighty men did King David have and what was their names?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Are you talking about the  3 ,,,,or ALL of them,,,,I think there were 37??????  I can only tell you w4hat I can remember,,,,,Eleazor,Abishai,Shammnah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,um,Beniah,Ishbal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,duh,that's it for memory,,,,I am not playing google,don't like it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Well here they are, so now you know;

Rom. 14:5-6.

Rom. 14:5, One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
V. 6, He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

I have never taken that to mean we can choose our own Sabbath day.  I just take that as saying some believe in observing the Sabbath while others don't.  This would also include the observance of feast days, and things like that, but the Sabbath itself was always Saturday in the Old Testament, and it is the rest we enter into when we put our trust in Christ in the New Testament. 

8 minutes ago, Butero said:

I have never taken that to mean we can choose our own Sabbath day.  I just take that as saying some believe in observing the Sabbath while others don't.  This would also include the observance of feast days, and things like that, but the Sabbath itself was always Saturday in the Old Testament, and it is the rest we enter into when we put our trust in Christ in the New Testament. 

You are free to observe Saturday, or any other day if you so wish.

Paul wrote, But why dost thou judge they brother? or why dost thou set at nought they brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ . . . . So the every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more."

If the law of Moses, including the fourth commandment, was in force in the new covenant the above statement would never have been written by Paul. Each Christian can do as he pleases concerning the Sabbath and is not to be judged by his brother "Any More."

Christian experiences do not come by the law. "Receive ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?. . . .the law is not of faith: but. the man who doeth them [things of the law] shall live in them. . . . how turn ye AGAIN to the weak beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage?" (Gal. 1:6-9; 2:15-21; 3:1-12, 19-25; 4:1-3, 19-31; 5:1-9, 11-21).

"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years [that the law required]. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed labour upon you in vain" (Gal. 3:1-12; 4:9-11). Going back to observe Sabbaths according to the law is spoken of here as going back into the bondage of the law. If one does this he is a debtor to do the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

The law was added because of transgressions, TILL THE SEED [Christ] SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made . . . But before faith came [that Christ brought in the gospel and the new covenant, Heb. 12:1, 2],we were kept under the law, shut up unto that faith WHICH SHOULD AFTERWARDS BE REVEALED. . . .Wherefor the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, THAT we might be justified by faith. BUT AFTER that faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER" (Gal 3:19-25). Not being under the law here is explained as being out from under its authority like one who is no longer under a schoolmaster when we graduate from school. The law is not in force and it has no claim or authority over the person under the new covenant. He is under the obligation to keep the new covenant laws and commandments, which include new laws that were never part of the old covenant, as well as those that God saw fit to make a part of the new covenant.

The law, including the ten commandments, has been "CAST OUT"; "Tell me YE DESIRE TO BE UNDER THE LAW, do ye not hear the law. For it is written that Abraham had TWO SONS. . . . he who was of the BONDWOMAN was born after the flesh; but he of the FREEWOMAN was by promise. WHICH THINGS ARE AN ALLEGORY: for THESE ARE THE TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM MOUNT SINAI, which GENDERETH TO BONDAGE, is [Hagar]. . . .and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and IS IN BONDAGE with her children. But Jerusalem which is above IS FREE, which in the mother of us all. . . .Now we, brethren, as Isaac, are the children of promise. BUT AS EVEN SO IT IS NOW. Nevertheless what sayeth the Scripture? CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN [the first or old covenant FROM MOUNT SINAI]  AND HER SON [those under the law]; for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then brethren, WE ARE NOT CHILDREN OF THE BONDWOMAN [the old ten commandment covenant and its many laws], BUT OF THE FREE [the new covenant]. Stand fast therefor IN THE LIBERTY wherein Christ hath made us FREE, and BE NOT ENTANGLED AGAIN, WHITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE [the old covenant]. . . .  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised [no man had any part in the old covenant unless he was circumcised], that he is a debtor TO DO THE WHOLE LAW" (Gal. 4:21-31; 5:1-5, 18).

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Are you talking about the  3 ,,,,or ALL of them,,,,I think there were 37??????  I can only tell you w4hat I can remember,,,,,Eleazor,Abishai,Shammnah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,um,Beniah,Ishbal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,duh,that's it for memory,,,,I am not playing google,don't like it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

There were three! The Tachomite, Adino the Eznite: and Eleazar.

2 Sam. 23: 8, These be the names of the mighty men whom David had:

The Tachomite, that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.

V. 9, And after him was Eleazar  the son of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mighty men with David three mighty men with David, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battle, and the men of Israel were gone away.

Ask a question please kwikphilly,  I have to leave again. Sorry.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

8 hours ago, Butero said: