IGNORED

Young Earth/Old Earth

johnc5055

1 hour ago, Esther4:14 said:

It goes way beyond your self assessed declaration, which still assumes that you are able to make the judgement that someone is either a false teacher or anti-Semite.   I have also been here long enough to know what I never see reflected in anything you have to say, like kindness, patience, love, etc; therefore, you are not qualified at all to make any judgement towards others, period.    

Some decide because you have certain views, you are to be called names, like anti Semite. this is abusive, intolerant, and prideful ignorance. I have seen no such here either  Esther.

I will say, I believe those which call themselves believers need to be held to account for what they teach sometimes. And to call others Anti Semetic because you disagree with them is an oxymoron to boot. In Christ our fleshly origins have not a thing to do with it.

1 hour ago, Esther4:14 said:

I don't think I have ever seen many instances where Shiloh agrees with anyone.  Everything is either misquoted or meticulously rebuked on a regular basis to demonstrate something...I am not sure what.  Maybe that we should vote for him for President because clearly he is always right and smarter than everyone to the point that no one hardly makes a valid point worth considering without thorough correction of some kind.  

I think you have demonstrated a lot of self control and grace in your response. It is an encouragement to me to see this.  

I have seen him agree with those that agree with him, or cheerlead for him.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings everyone,

This is a reminder to please keep it civil in this thread (and all others).vI'd like to remind everyone of the ToS, a part of which states:

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

Please remember that we are going to be banning people who behave in this manner from threads and issuing them warning points.

As such, I have banned Esther from this thread and added a warning point to her account for the comments below:

I don't think I have ever seen many instances where Shiloh agrees with anyone.  Everything is either misquoted or meticulously rebuked on a regular basis to demonstrate something...I am not sure what.  Maybe that we should vote for him for President because clearly he is always right and smarter than everyone to the point that no one hardly makes a valid point worth considering without thorough correction of some kind.  

I think you have demonstrated a lot of self control and grace in your response. It is an encouragement to me to see this.

It goes way beyond your self assessed declaration, which still assumes that you are able to make the judgement that someone is either a false teacher or anti-Semite.   I have also been here long enough to know what I never see reflected in anything you have to say, like kindness, patience, love, etc; therefore, you are not qualified at all to make any judgement towards others, period. 

Please remember that there is absolutely no need to offer an opinion on the intellect, intentions, or disposition of another member on threads like these. If you truly have a problem with the other person, my suggestion is that you attempt to work it out with them and if that is not possible, just don't engage them. If you feel yourself getting angry, please take a breath and consider why and what you are posting before you post.

Mar 12:30-31  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.  (31)  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

God bless,

Steve

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:37 PM, Ezra said:

t of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

While this is not strictly tied to the OP, it needs a rebuttal. We do NOT need to spiritualize or allegorize anything here. God said "thou shalt surely die", therefore we need to understand this in the light of the whole Bible. There are two deaths in the Bible -- the first and the second.  The first is the separation of the soul and spirit from the body, the second is the eternal separation of the person from God (in the Lake of Fire). 

The day that Adam ate the forbidden fruit, he was separated from God, but did not enter into the Lake of Fire. That was indeed death, and it would appear that his spirit died that day. Proof?  Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden, and could no longer have fellowship with God. Adam is not mentioned in Hebrews 11 and we are not really told any more about his relationship to God. But there was nothing figurative or allegorical about him being cast out of Eden, following which a curse was placed on creation as well as the human race.

The basis of the belief in a young earth rests upon the creation of Adam, and the genealogies of his descendants. In fact, the chronology of the Bible can be derived strictly from the Bible, and has already been done.

The two deaths are spoken of in the new covenant. The first death IMO is our death to sin in Christ. Of which the second death has no power to hurt us.

19 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Greetings everyone,

This is a reminder to please keep it civil in this thread (and all others).vI'd like to remind everyone of the ToS, a part of which states:

Please remember that we are going to be banning people who behave in this manner from threads and issuing them warning points.

As such, I have banned Esther from this thread and added a warning point to her account for the comments below:

Please remember that there is absolutely no need to offer an opinion on the intellect, intentions, or disposition of another member on threads like these. If you truly have a problem with the other person, my suggestion is that you attempt to work it out with them and if that is not possible, just don't engage them. If you feel yourself getting angry, please take a breath and consider why and what you are posting before you post.

Mar 12:30-31  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.  (31)  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

God bless,

Steve

Would this include accusations of misquoting or twisting someone's words? I never seen any misquotes done in here by Post. Maybe I missed it though.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Joline said:

Would this include accusations of misquoting or twisting someone's words? I never seen any misquotes done in here by Post. Maybe I missed it though.

We take things on a case by case basis. I'm not really sure what you're asking. Word twisting is a pretty subjective thing. Misunderstanding another poster wouldn't typically be something we would ban someone from a thread for. However, a person taking something someone else said out of context and then turning that into an insult or an accusation, would probably fall into this category. For example:

If I were to say "I love chili dogs" and another person took that statement and said "Well, he just said he loves chili dogs, so he obviously hates hamburgers and milk shakes, and anyone who hates milk shakes is quite obviously a terrible person." That would probably get someone removed from a thread.

(For the record, I am a great fan of chili dogs, hamburgers, and milk shakes).

7 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

We take things on a case by case basis. I'm not really sure what you're asking. Word twisting is a pretty subjective thing. Misunderstanding another poster wouldn't typically be something we would ban someone from a thread for. However, a person taking something someone else said out of context and then turning that into an insult or an accusation, would probably fall into this category. For example:

If I were to say "I love chili dogs" and another person took that statement and said "Well, he just said he loves chili dogs, so he obviously hates hamburgers and milk shakes, and anyone who hates milk shakes is quite obviously a terrible person." That would probably get someone removed from a thread.

(For the record, I am a great fan of chili dogs, hamburgers, and milk shakes).

Oh yeah, I love chili dogs too!

Well, I think it was not so subjective in this case. To state someone Misunderstood was already politely dealt with in this thread. but to accuse of misquote, and twisting is quite different. As it is subjective most of the time yes, hence the choice of response. similarly accusations of Anti-Semetism. Just rude...........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

2 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

~

To Me It Says Jesus Is The LORD Of Miracles

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Including The First One

For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light. Colossians 1:9-12 (New American Standard Bible)

How About You?

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Love, Your Brother Joe

i think you are thinking about what happened next -- about the whole story of this incident, not about what i quoted in particular. 
nothing wrong with that - it's part of the whole counsel of God, and it does have bearing on the topic as a whole, that the Creator has power to give life - but it's not to do with these particulars; these details were included, and i am sure the details are not without purpose, but also for our instruction in righteousness. 
what we ought to glean from this? o i have some ideas. but i'm told sometimes that what i post is "worthless" and that my opinion has "no value" -- so i'll spare the brethren. i'd like to see what those with understanding come up with, that's all - i thought it might have some bearing, but maybe i'm mistaken. 

love,
your brother post

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Joline said:

The two deaths are spoken of in the new covenant. The first death IMO is our death to sin in Christ. Of which the second death has no power to hurt us.

Your point being? The coming of Christ was already embedded in Genesis 3:15. When we examine any Scripture, it must always be in the light of Christ and His finished work.  So we do not discuss God's command to Adam and its consequences without including the book of Revelation. We do not discuss Abel without the book of Hebrews. We do not discuss Abraham without the book of Romans.

37 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Your point being? The coming of Christ was already embedded in Genesis 3:15. When we examine any Scripture, it must always be in the light of Christ and His finished work.  So we do not discuss God's command to Adam and its consequences without including the book of Revelation. We do not discuss Abel without the book of Hebrews. We do not discuss Abraham without the book of Romans.

Well I do not agree. The death that we die, we die to the law. Those not in Christ are not Dead to the law.