angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Enoob,I didn't want to derail Bobeeps thread :)

You said:

Also total depravity in 3/4 agreement as we did die spiritually as God The Breath
of Life (Holy Spirit) left when sin began in us

Can you please explain this in different wording?

Sorry I don't really know what you mean ?

Guest shiloh357
23 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Amen for 100% !

Do Calvinist believe God can revoke the Salvation and therefore they might live in fear?

Oh dear...... :( That's so wrong :(

In the Netherlands I have known may Calvinists as there are many and I always found them more or less legalistic , they went by so many rules, I remember so many things some of my friends were not allowed to do on Sunday, like swimming or buying french fries or something tons of stuff...

I remember when my parents were visiting my grandparents I was not allowed to bring my knitting, that was wrong to do that on the Sunday.

I even had an uncle who thought it wrong to drive on Sunday :(

No Calvinists don't believe that at all.  They are OSAS, but for different reasons. 

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Calvinism is a theological teaching, but it is not really biblical teaching.  And Calvin was a lawyer and was trained as a lawyer not a theologian.  His "Institutes" were not the product of a long and deep abiding relationship with the Lord, but were written within just a couple of years of his conversion to Christianity from Catholicism. 

Calvin Attended Montaigue...........

An excerpt concerning the college from wiki............ 

Montaigu was one of the leading theological colleges of Paris. Students at the college included Erasmus of Rotterdam, John Calvin,

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

No Calvinists don't believe that at all.  They are OSAS, but for different reasons. 

:) That makes me probably 100% Armenian~~~I do believe in OSAS but if it's for a different reason than I don't have anything in common with the Calvinist view ~

Not that we need to label, but it's good to know of how much we agree with this teaching..

2 minutes ago, Joline said:

Montaigu was one of the leading theological colleges of Paris. Students at the college included Erasmus of Rotterdam, John Calvin,

Joline,may I ask for your opinion on this?

I was born in the Netherlands and there where Reformed churches practically at every corner~~~

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Joline said:

But that was before His conversion and when he was child.  He was taken out of that school by his father and place in the University of Orleans where he studied law.  That was his degree when he began his involvement in the reformation.   He did not enter the reformation as a seminary trained theologian, and he did not write the Institutes as a seminary trained theologian.  

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Joline,may I ask for your opinion on this?

I was born in the Netherlands and there where Reformed churches practically at every corner~~~

For now I stand pretty much with what kwik said.

What goes through my mind is God hardened Pharaohs heart, but pharaoh heardened his own heart???????????????Was he a tulip, or armenianist?

Also Isreal has been blinded in part. So I do not really think I stand firmly in either camp. But I think co-operstion with God, must have our own will involved

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, angels4u said:

:) That makes me probably 100% Armenian~~~I do believe in OSAS but if it's for a different reason than I don't have anything in common with the Calvinist view ~

Not that we need to label, but it's good to know of how much we agree with this teaching..

NO, Arminians don't accept OSAS.  You would not be 100% Arminian

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

out that was before His conversion and when he was child.  He was taken out of that school by his father and place in the University of Orleans where he studied law.  That was his degree when he began his involvement in the reformation.   He did not enter the reformation as a seminary trained theologian, and he did not write the Institutes as a seminary trained theologian.  

He attended school which also prepared him to enter this college. It was a prerequisite I believe. At least that is how I read it. He was there for almost two years. Learned koine Greek to study the scriptures. He is considered a theologian. St Ignatius also attended the school, and later attended another.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Joline said:

He attended school which also prepared him to enter this college. It was a prerequisite I believe. At least that is how I read it. He was there for almost two years. Learned koine Greek to study the scriptures. He is considered a theologian. St Ignatius also attended the school, and later attended another.

He is considered a theologian, but was not trained sufficiently in theology to write the Institutes.   The Institutes are nothing more than Calvin's opinions and they have been modified over the centuries.   Yet, his writings are treated as if they exist almost on the level of sacred Scripture.