IGNORED

Who is the most important character in the Bible besides Jesus and God?

everseeking

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I change my answer from Paul to Mary, Mother of God. How could I leave her out?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, LeavesSeeds said:

Remember Esther and God's Word to her - if she did not do what was needed, He would find another to do it, to deliver the Jews  ?

So far , most of those mentioned would fit that description - if they had not , God would have chosen another, as He is well able to

Actually, God did not say that to Esther, her cousin Mordecai did.  God is not mentioned in the book of Esther and there's a reason for that.  Of course, that does not mean that God was not sovereign over it all and that he did not place Esther in that role.

Cousin Mordecai said, "If you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?"

Yes, Esther was expendable.  We all are.  Every mortal human being in the bible was. 

I listed her as very, very important because of her response to her cousin in the face of her own life being on the line: "Go and assemble the Jews in Susa and fast for me.  Don't eat or drink for three days - night or day.  I and my maidens will do the same.  And then I will go in to the king - which is illegal - and if he kills me, he kills me."

Edited by Jayne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

All through Scripture, what God said,  His chosen one(s) said.

That's how it is TODAY, also,   but very rarely recognized or seen on earth.

Only those He's chosen ever see and hear this Truth. 

The world, listeners as if they could hear, are left out , like those on whom the tower fell,  unless they likewise repent.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

LeavesSeeds, I don't understand this, but I want to.

6 hours ago, LeavesSeeds said:

All through Scripture, what God said,  His chosen one(s) said.

That's how it is TODAY, also,   but very rarely recognized or seen on earth.

Only those He's chosen ever see and hear this Truth. 

The world, listeners as if they could hear, are left out , like those on whom the tower fell,  unless they likewise repent.

Look in Scripture (a stark difference from what men say);

What did Jesus say ? (According to Jesus)

What did Jesus tell His Own disciples to say ? (Jesus Himself told them/us (Jesus does not change; His Word hasn't changed (again a stark difference from what men say) ) )

Caterri,  If you have more question about this, Message me later if you're able to.  The site software today isn't working the same as yesterday, and I can't message you or anyone.

Look in Scripture (a stark difference from what men say);

What did Jesus say ? (According to Jesus)

What did Jesus tell His Own disciples to say ? (Jesus Himself told them/us (Jesus does not change; His Word hasn't changed (again a stark difference from what men say) ) )

Caterri,  If you have more question about this, Message me later if you're able to.  The site software today isn't working the same as yesterday, and I can't message you or anyone.

14 hours ago, CATerri said:

LeavesSeeds, I don't understand this, but I want to.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings CAT,,,,,

You do not have to message anyone & no disrespect for anyone or those being new here but we when we do not h ave a whole lot of posts to read from a new member it is hard to know what they may offer as advice or interpretation,,,,,it is ALWAYS better to discuss Gods Word amongst the Brethren in the public Forums that we may have 2,3 & more for confirmation & witness,,,,l& then of course,search the Scriptures with the Holy Spirit!

Concerning leaves seeds comment is this.....

King James Bible
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
                                                                                                2 Timothy 3:15

In other words,,,although many people WROTE DOWN the Words in the Bible,,,,,,what they said was "Inspired by God" or God speaking through them as His Messengers  ,,,,,,,you see?   That is why we call the Scriptures"Gods Word"                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

I just lost my entire post>?????Sheesh,,,,,,,,,,,

It's a very tough question,,,,,there isn't anyone who was not important or significant ,,,,,,I will agree that Paul was probably one of the most instrumental people,for all the reasons Ezra said so eloquently

I knew a lady , very sweet elderly lady who always used to say(in regards to predjudice,racism,segregation,different natonalities etc,,,,,"
We all come from the same 2 people",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,With that I might say that Adam was pretty important,lol

It was not the question about who is my "favorite" person in the Bible,,,,,so I guess enough said                 All Glory to God for all these people before us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

I like the thief on the cross--he shows God complete mercy to sinners

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/23/2016 at 4:06 PM, LeavesSeeds said:

All through Scripture, what God said,  His chosen one(s) said. That's how it is TODAY, also, but very rarely recognized or seen on earth. Only those He's chosen ever see and hear this Truth. The world, listeners as if they could hear, are left out , like those on whom the tower fell,  unless they likewise repent.

How are these comments relevant? The question was concerning who was the most important character after Jesus and God.