IGNORED

Who is the most important character in the Bible besides Jesus and God?

everseeking

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

God may or may not speak to someone.  

I wasn't answering you - I was answering the question in the previous post.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On May 23, 2016 at 2:34 PM, LeavesSeeds said:

But who is unique ?  Who was the only one God called out of the whole pagan world ? There was no one else who could take his place .....

You have someone specific in mind and your posts are clues, right?  He wasn't a Jew?

On May 23, 2016 at 3:06 PM, LeavesSeeds said:

All through Scripture, what God said,  His chosen one(s) said.

Only those He's chosen ever see and hear this Truth. 

He spoke God's Word.

On May 24, 2016 at 11:27 AM, LeavesSeeds said:

Look in Scripture (a stark difference from what men say);

What did Jesus say ? (According to Jesus)

What did Jesus tell His Own disciples to say ? (Jesus Himself told them/us (Jesus does not change; His Word hasn't changed (again a stark difference from what men say) ) )

My guess is John the Baptist, but I don't think that is right because he doesn't seem to fit all of your clues, if I am understanding them correctly.

Matthew 11:11-15 (NRSV)

11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women no one has arisen greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force. 13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John came; 14 and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come. 15 Let anyone with ears listen! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Perhaps it would be easier if you addressed who it is you are speaking to,,,leavesSeeds,,,,,,,,or even better to simply stay on Topic & not go way out into left field,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/22/2016 at 8:44 AM, other one said:

no it is not a bad question....  if other people were not important they would not have been there.

My vote would also have been Paul, but I have to remind myself that if Paul had not been there, someone else would have been.  Sort of like what Paul did was important....    but the Lord Picked him for a reason...

On 5/22/2016 at 8:57 AM, Jayne said:

The question is not bad at all.  Perhaps it could be reworded to ask who is the most important human being in the Bible whose story has influenced you the most.  Of course, at any given time and circumstance that answer for most people would change.

Over the years, my answers would have included Paul, the Centurion soldier, Queen Esther, Leah, and Joseph (OT).

On 5/22/2016 at 4:53 PM, Willa said:

The Holy Spirit wasn't mentioned.  Without Him we would have no inspired Scriptures, no One indwelling us or sealing us; no-one  to help us pray as we ought, to cry Daddy! within us, or to help us understand God's Word.  So while He is part of the Godhead, many people mean only the Father when they say God.

Otherwise I have to vote for John.  His books go a step farther in revealing Jesus' words and personal life.  He further defines Who Jesus is: the Creator Word incarnate and the I AM.  He also tells more about the Person and work of the Holy Spirit.  He demonstrates the man who was changed from wanting Jesus to rain fire and brimstone on the city that rejected him, to a man who spoke of love more than any other.  

Then Paul.  

Beloved brothers, after Jesus, the most important man was John the Baptist, such as said Missmuffet:

On 5/22/2016 at 4:46 PM, missmuffet said:

John The Baptist. He spoke the truth and made the way for Jesus. He was just one of the most important.

The own Jesus said this:

• "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." (Matthew 11.11).

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Yes – good point. So who is and was verry verry influential in the early christian writing process. [Paul is mentioned. Yes his letters were verry important.] My answer is though...

The one – who wrote about HIM. My vote gets Mark (john-mark) the writer of Peter in Rome. He dared to give a script in written form, after taking part in Peters lectures to new coverts. The letter of Peter pictures early reading of that Mark gospel script. (The chapter of transfiguration - is about to be read)

The very text with many of marks passages was taken by the 2 other Evangelists Luke and Matthew. The very similarities we call the tree synoptic gospels.

We keep the 4 gospels – as special. Rightly so. No other text brings us that close to change of reality that we receave with and in Jesus. It was a diffrent task to combind all that was lived through and was said. Gospels were not an early writing. It took some 30 years – if calculatet by the verry early dating. I heard of a source that Mark himself was already out and used his gospel text in church planting at Alexandria.

Edited by Melony

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Never read all the posts but we need to realise at some point it is man. Me you and every believer. Or at least thats who it is to God. Ahhh Hes amazing. He loves me :) And you. But I am His favouret

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 11/14/2016 at 7:39 PM, Leonardo Von said:

Beloved brothers, after Jesus, the most important man was John the Baptist, such as said Missmuffet:

The own Jesus said this:

• "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." (Matthew 11.11).

Scripture spoke as to Leonardo  reply above.  But this question is like asking a father, which one of his kids is his favorite and of course he would not answer.   But in context of the question, i like the man Stephen the martyr.  He stood and gave a lengthy public testimony and in fact gave a summary of the early prophets and fathers was stoned to death for his faithfulness and in the process of being killed asked the Lord to forgive his attackers, which were many.   It takes a man with real courage and trust in the Lord to do what he did. 

Acts 7:54-60New King James Version (NKJV)

Stephen the Martyr

54 When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord; 58 and they cast him out of the city and stonedhim. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on Godand saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

• Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

15 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

But this question is like asking a father, which one of his kids is his favorite and of course he would not answer.

Good observation. this leads us to the question: why among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist? Why did Jesus say it?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

20 minutes ago, Leonardo Von said:

Good observation. this leads us to the question: why among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist? Why did Jesus say it?

Is it ?

Luke 1:15New King James Version (NKJV)

15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  3

I think we can learn from everyone - positive and negative.