IGNORED

What do you think of Christians getting tattoos?

rethinknow

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

13 minutes ago, Butero said:

But to simply ignore God's standards....

~

Amen~! God's Standard Is Jesus

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1 John 3:1-11

Beloved Point To Him

The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. John 12:21

And Be Blessed

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Isaiah 6:5-8

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

On 5/26/2016 at 10:31 PM, HAZARD said:

Yes, Its an old testament law, Leviticus 19:28 states: "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." Although the ancient pagan custom of etching or tattooing symbols on human flesh was forbidden by God Tattooing for Jesus,  by David Cloud reveals that this heathen custom is now being introduced to the churches.

I certainly would not have any tattoo on my body.

Just as Leviticus 19:29 is also an Old testament law which states; "Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness." I would not do this either!

Question then... Should we not plant fields with two kinds of seed? Or wear clothing with two kinds of material?

Leviticus 19:19

19 “‘Keep my decrees.

“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Or Maybe Leviticus 19:26-27 the verses right before it... Do we eat meat with blood still in it? Do we cut our hair on the sides or clip our beards? We should probably be consistent don't you think?

26 “‘Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it.

“‘Do not practice divination or seek omens.

27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

Question then... Should we not plant fields with two kinds of seed? Or wear clothing with two kinds of material?

Leviticus 19:19

19 “‘Keep my decrees.

“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Or Maybe Leviticus 19:26-27 the verses right before it... Do we eat meat with blood still in it? Do we cut our hair on the sides or clip our beards? We should probably be consistent don't you think?

26 “‘Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it.

“‘Do not practice divination or seek omens.

27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

God bless,

GE

"Keep my decrees," where does the Word say that?

It says, Isa 10:1, Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write1 grievousness which they have prescribed;

Act 16:4, And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.

Act 17:7, Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus.

I WILL TRY MY BEST TO KEEP ALL GOD'S DECREES..

"Do not mate different kinds of animals."

Who would mate different kinds of animals, and for what reason? Donk-elephant, Zeb-bear, Lion-ape, monk-dog?

"Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed."

I wouldn't plant wheat with pumpkins or potatos, or flowers with thistles,  makes for hard reaping and gathering?

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

LOL, leather and cotton or silk, FAIL.

"Do we eat meat with blood still in it?"

Personally, I don't, who needs to eat blood, the blood is the life,

Gen 9:4, But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
Lev 17:11, For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
Lev 17:14, For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
Deu 12:23, Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh. 

Good enough for me, even though I don't like blood anyway.

"Do not practice divination or seek omens."

I have enough troubles and strife in my life without seeking demons to get involved or for advice? But that's just me.

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."

My dad used to have my hair cut right to the top of my head as a child, kind of like a mow-hawk, all the other kids teased and laughed at me, to save money on hair cuts, I HATED IT. I looked like a basin cut topple head. I now as an adult, either have a neat short hair cut, and a short stubble type beard, or I shave the beard right off, its either  one or the other. I don't need spivey looking goat-tee type bears or look to like Boy George? LOL.

God bless, G.E!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,591
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On June 7, 2016 at 2:44 AM, HAZARD said:

I do not recall beating anyone over the head, in fact I don't know anyone on here who may or may not have a tattoo., and personally I don't care either?

All I recall doing is quoting Scripture where God clearly commands ISRAEL not to cut or mark their skin.

Lev. 19:28, Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

You say there is no sin because this was a commandment of God to Israel. It's wrong we beat Christians over the head reminding Christians of this commandment?

Well maybe if some of us Christians were to prostitute our daughters to be a whores, there is also no sin because this was a commandment of God between Him and Israel?

Lev. 19:29, Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.

Like the old man used to say to me many times, "Haz, Times they are a changing, and that makes it ok!

Shalom, HAZARD.

Ridiculous. First of all, I wasn't accusing YOU of anything!

Second, I don't mind at all you quoting Scripture to remind us of God's commands. As a Jew, I believe those commands ARE for me, and I have no tattoos.

Third, while I personally believe that those same commands extend to all Christians since they too have become Jews through the blood of Yeshua`, I believe that I have no right to force my beliefs on anyone, either. To his own Master he will stand or fall.

Fourth, and this is what is ridiculous, who would THINK of prostituting his own daughters to be whores?! Besides, we have CIVIL laws that state the same as the biblical one does!

So, Haz, don't think for a moment that I'm some young upstart who thinks "whatever feels good, do it!" Bro', I'm with YOU!

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, HAZARD.

Ridiculous. First of all, I wasn't accusing YOU of anything!

Second, I don't mind at all you quoting Scripture to remind us of God's commands. As a Jew, I believe those commands ARE for me, and I have no tattoos.

Third, while I personally believe that those same commands extend to all Christians since they too have become Jews through the blood of Yeshua`, I believe that I have no right to force my beliefs on anyone, either. To his own Master he will stand or fall.

Fourth, and this is what is ridiculous, who would THINK of prostituting his own daughters to be whores?! Besides, we have CIVIL laws that state the same as the biblical one does!

So, Haz, don't think for a moment that I'm some young upstart who thinks "whatever feels good, do it!" Bro', I'm with YOU!

If I gave the impression I was accusing anyone that was, is not my intention, and I apologise if what I said seems that way to anyone here.

Your Jewish? KOOL! I love God;s people. I'm hoping I may be a Jew. Sadly I have no idea of the history of my family, the second world war and all? :(

To me personally, if God says don't do something, I try my hardest not to do what He commands.

You said,

'Fourth, and this is what is ridiculous, who would

THINK of prostituting his own daughters to be whores?! Besides, we have CIVIL laws that state the same as the biblical one does!"

There were people who did it back then and there are many who do it now, to-day. Reading the local news paper a day or two ago, a mother, holds here daughter 12 year old daughter down while men ............. because daughter struggles and sometimes screams  !  enough said? The mother and live in boy friend, who by the way, is her nephew, are in court / jail, awaiting sentence. God have mercy on their souls.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 6/7/2016 at 0:07 PM, Butero said:

The reason why some, including myself, have a problem with it have been repeated many times over.  I see it as women wearing what pertains to a man.  It is no different to me than a man wearing a dress, except society accepts women wearing men's clothing.  I also see it as giving women a masculine appearance.  In 1 Corinthians 6:9, the word effeminate includes a man wearing feminine style clothing, so it is common sense to me that God wouldn't want women wearing clothes that give them a masculine appearance.  Just being able to tell it is a women wearing men's style clothing doesn't make it right.  I can often tell that a man wearing effeminate style clothing is still a man, but he is still in sin.  There is also the issue of placing a stumbling block in front of other women.  There are many women that wear jeans that were manufactured for men specifically because nobody can tell the difference.  It is a sin to place a stumbling block in front of others.  When they fall, you share in their sin.  There are many Independent Baptists that also find it indecent, but that has never been my issue, as I see that as subjective.  Still, it is another reason some object.  They say women should all wear dresses that are not form fitting. 

By the way, what does this have to do with tattoos? 

I"m not sure.. how did we get on the subject of women wearing jeans have to do with tattoos.  I don't have tattoos, but I don't judge anyone who does.  I can promise you most men do not care about jeans on women.  As I said I live in them in the summer but I do not look like a man.  I'm a lady to my fingertips, in and out of jeans.  I"m glad my husband loved me no matter what I wore.  What I find disturbing is when I hear women swear, cuss and show a lot of skin, I don't do either.  Cloths do not make the person, the heart does.  Just my opinion.

In Christ, RustyAngeL

On 6/11/2016 at 9:22 PM, RustyAngeL said:

I"m not sure.. how did we get on the subject of women wearing jeans have to do with tattoos.  I don't have tattoos, but I don't judge anyone who does.  I can promise you most men do not care about jeans on women.  As I said I live in them in the summer but I do not look like a man.  I'm a lady to my fingertips, in and out of jeans.  I"m glad my husband loved me no matter what I wore.  What I find disturbing is when I hear women swear, cuss and show a lot of skin, I don't do either.  Cloths do not make the person, the heart does.  Just my opinion.

In Christ, RustyAngeL

:thumbsup:

Even In Pants, Does Jesus Shine Through?

Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Matthew 23:28

th?&id=OIP.Mbb31147cf83d477ffb34496bd25b

And Can A Woman Help Defend US?

Howbeit Sisera fled away on his feet to the tent of Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite: for there was peace between Jabin the king of Hazor and the house of Heber the Kenite. And Jael went out to meet Sisera, and said unto him, Turn in, my lord, turn in to me; fear not. And when he had turned in unto her into the tent, she covered him with a mantle.

And he said unto her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water to drink; for I am thirsty. And she opened a bottle of milk, and gave him drink, and covered him. Again he said unto her, Stand in the door of the tent, and it shall be, when any man doth come and inquire of thee, and say, Is there any man here? that thou shalt say, No.

Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died.
Judges 4:17-21

th?&id=OIP.Md12a99da6c8e0d3ecb155dcb7b84

Even In Pants?

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18

th?&id=OIP.M1f8895898fd48c1f898d376944b4

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest Butero
20 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

In Christ, RustyAngeL

How would you feel if your husband chose to wear a dress?  Are there any situations where a line could be crossed that you found offensive and that would "make the person?"  Except for nudists, I have yet to find anyone that will say in absolute terms that any clothing item is ok.  Even one woman that was accusing me of being legalistic came in here with a post about a woman she thought was not dressed appropriately for church, but like something a person would wear to a nightclub.  Did the clothes make that person? 

I have no idea how this thread got off on that topic. 

Guest Butero
14 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:thumbsup:

Even In Paints, Does Jesus Shine Through?

Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Matthew 23:28

th?&id=OIP.Mbb31147cf83d477ffb34496bd25b

And Can A Woman Help Defend US?

Howbeit Sisera fled away on his feet to the tent of Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite: for there was peace between Jabin the king of Hazor and the house of Heber the Kenite. And Jael went out to meet Sisera, and said unto him, Turn in, my lord, turn in to me; fear not. And when he had turned in unto her into the tent, she covered him with a mantle.

And he said unto her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water to drink; for I am thirsty. And she opened a bottle of milk, and gave him drink, and covered him. Again he said unto her, Stand in the door of the tent, and it shall be, when any man doth come and inquire of thee, and say, Is there any man here? that thou shalt say, No.

Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died.
Judges 4:17-21

th?&id=OIP.Md12a99da6c8e0d3ecb155dcb7b84

Even In Paints?

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18

th?&id=OIP.M1f8895898fd48c1f898d376944b4

Love, Your Brother Joe

Honestly, I don't think women should be fighting in the military.  I believe the Bible teaches specific roles for men and women, and can defend that position if you doubt me.  Jael was not in the military. 

On 6/12/2016 at 6:08 PM, Butero said:

Honestly, I don't think women should be fighting in the military.  I believe the Bible teaches specific roles for men and women, and can defend that position if you doubt me.  Jael was not in the military. 

:emot-heartbeat:

Thank You Brother
I Agree For The Most Part
Except For Women And Pants Being A Sin And Such

"As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication." Acts 21:25

In Pants Or No, Most If Not All Israeli Woman Will Fight To The Death
For Their Home Land And Their Families 
It's In The Bible (Jael)
You Know

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Timothy 5:8

th?&id=OIP.M249d1cca3b46c6389591932af540

Some Woman Even Wear Their Tanks Quite Nicely, I Think

th?&id=OIP.M6848baeffe03553f36ee91cf826b