• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  44

On 5/27/2016 at 4:27 PM, HAZARD said:

Its an old testament law,

Leviticus 19:28 states: "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

Although the ancient pagan custom of etching or tattooing symbols on human flesh was forbidden by God Tattooing for Jesus,  by David Cloud reveals that this heathen custom is now being introduced to the churches. I certainly would not have any tattoo on my body.

Just as Leviticus 19:29 is also an Old testament law which states; "Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness." I would not do this either!

Question then if we are going to apply Leviticus 19:29... We should probably be consistent don't you think?

Should we not plant fields with two kinds of seed? Or wear clothing with two kinds of material?

Leviticus 19:19

19 “‘Keep my decrees.

“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Or Maybe Leviticus 19:26-27 the verses right before it... Do we eat meat with blood still in it? Do we cut our hair on the sides or clip our beards?

26 “‘Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it.

“‘Do not practice divination or seek omens.

27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Royal Member

On 5/28/2016 at 11:03 PM, enoob57 said:

don't see a lot of born again people (generational) with tats ... I thinks that speaks the loudest about the whole scenario.

Interestingly enough I'd say half the people in my Church have tattoos. Yes, even some of our elders and at least 2/4 of the ministers/pastors. I think this might be a generational or even regional thing...

God bless,

GE

On 5/29/2016 at 7:56 PM, bopeep1909 said:

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 tells us we are to be good stewards of what God has given us. We are to be wise with our money.

This is a true statement. Unwise to get tattoos all over your body I guess. But to get one for say $50? Or $200? People buy TV's for a lot more than that... Multiple ones sometimes. Sometimes people's cell phones are hundreds of dollars... It's all about perspective.

God bless,

GE

On 6/2/2016 at 0:12 AM, Openly Curious said:

Getting tattoo(s) whether you are a Christian or unbeliever does the same thing to both.  It mares or marks the image of God in which mankind was created in.  Which is nothing more than the devil's work as Satan hates the image of God in each of us believers or non-believers it doesn't matter to him for the goal is the same to mark and mare the image of God in us.  It doesn't make any difference if you call them a so called Christian tattoo even it is not Christ-like at all and the image of God we were created in is still marred as a result.  Changing the image of God in any aspect we were created in referring to tattoos of any kind is a sin and repentance should be sought as a result.  Don't let the devil turn the image of God in your life into a lie. 

I'm not sure I agree here. Is dying your hair a sin? Is surgery on your body a sin? I'm not sure where I'd draw the line based on these comments.

God bless,

GE

On 6/3/2016 at 3:47 PM, LadyKay said:

This whole topic was called "What Do You Think Of Tattoos". I have said what I think of them, and others have said what they think of them. So I hope the original poster got the input they were looking for.

Angels asked me to post this in the general forum for discussion. It was originally posted in the Outer Court. :)

God bless,

GE

On 6/2/2016 at 6:55 PM, HAZARD said:

Don't be too open even for God?

Sadly people try and smooth over what is definitely sin and what goes against the Word of God, to ease their way of thinking, their pet ideas on how things should be, and cover what they want or like.

If one has tattoo's before being born again and repents God will forgive one. I know many who pay a fortune to have them removed.

But if one is already a child of God and cuts ones self and marks their skin they are disobeying God.

God makes this quite clear and simple. Its a commandment, He finishes with "I AM THE LORD."

Leviticus 19:28 states: "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you:

Would you employ this young man? I owned a petrol station in my earlier days. I certainly would never have my customers be served by a man with a tattoo, let alone 666 on his forehead?

DEVIL%20TATS%203..jpg

Or how about this young lady below in the cafeteria? Hello sir,how may I help you, as the customer leaves my permises.

DEVIL%20TATS.%202.jpg

At the bowsers, Fill it up sir? No thanks, I'll go down the road, and I will remind myself never to come back here for fuel.

DEVIL%20TATS%201..png

And yet not all tattoos are like this... Some are very, very different:

79b893a1779c794a1971c7f8db4fb569.jpg

c7d5468daebf6e5916d9903e5216885e.jpg

d96d077a2e333beb5ea1445a75dbca01.jpg

God bless,

GE

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

I'm not sure I agree here. Is dying your hair a sin? Is surgery on your body a sin? I'm not sure where I'd draw the line based on these comments.

God bless,

GE

Hi GoldenEagle

You do know that drawing the line is something that you will personally have to decide and work out for yourself.  How far will you go?  Know ye not that you are not your own that you have been bought with a price therefore glorify God "in your body".   Don't take the common sense away from the topic.  If you think it is glorifying Christ's body (which you are) to have green hair then where is God's glory in that?  If you think it is glorifying Christ's body (which you are) to take God's breath from it by refusing to have a surgery that could save your life.  Then in that decision to not have the surgery, where through your life living in this earthen vessel (house) we live in is God being glorified in that?  

If we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lust of our flesh.  Even having scriptures tattooed on one's body does not bring God any glory.  You can have all kind of what one would look at as good things tattooed on your body but it is only a deception as the Spirit would not lead us in that direction.   It is flesh lust driven desires that one wants for themselves and it bring's no glory to Christ's body as our body was not designed to be a note pad.   As Christ's body we have to take captive our thoughts and make them obedient to him.  If one thinks, well I'll just get a good one and be like everybody else around me and it will be alright are being lead with the deceptive thought Satan has planted in their minds somewhere along the way seeking to take you captive once again by the flesh by it's fleshly desires. 

Thy Word oh LORD have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee.

But you'll have to draw your own lines and make decisions concerning Christ's body in your life, even if you are not sure you agree with me or not.  How far will you go?  I pray we would all be the true living epistles known and read by all men by the light of his Word in us.  Take care

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Hi GE.

One can walk by faith, and know one is redeemed and forgiven, without having those words tattoos on one's body, anywhere, especially when God commands us, don't do this?

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:34 AM, HAZARD said:

Hi GE.

One can walk by faith, and know one is redeemed and forgiven, without having those words tattoos on one's body, anywhere, especially when God commands us, don't do this?

Sure but who are we to judge those who have tattoos? By an old Levitical law given to Israel? Sorry, I just find many lack the fruit of the spirit (particularly kindness and gentleness) when discussing this issue. It's frustrating I guess how some in the Church view this issue. But yet there's room to agree to disagree. I guess that is all.

God bless,
GE

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:18 AM, Openly Curious said:

Hi GoldenEagle

You do know that drawing the line is something that you will personally have to decide and work out for yourself.  How far will you go?  Know ye not that you are not your own that you have been bought with a price therefore glorify God "in your body".   Don't take the common sense away from the topic.  If you think it is glorifying Christ's body (which you are) to have green hair then where is God's glory in that?  If you think it is glorifying Christ's body (which you are) to take God's breath from it by refusing to have a surgery that could save your life.  Then in that decision to not have the surgery, where through your life living in this earthen vessel (house) we live in is God being glorified in that?  

If we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lust of our flesh.  Even having scriptures tattooed on one's body does not bring God any glory.  You can have all kind of what one would look at as good things tattooed on your body but it is only a deception as the Spirit would not lead us in that direction.   It is flesh lust driven desires that one wants for themselves and it bring's no glory to Christ's body as our body was not designed to be a note pad.   As Christ's body we have to take captive our thoughts and make them obedient to him.  If one thinks, well I'll just get a good one and be like everybody else around me and it will be alright are being lead with the deceptive thought Satan has planted in their minds somewhere along the way seeking to take you captive once again by the flesh by it's fleshly desires. 

Thy Word oh LORD have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee.

But you'll have to draw your own lines and make decisions concerning Christ's body in your life, even if you are not sure you agree with me or not.  How far will you go?  I pray we would all be the true living epistles known and read by all men by the light of his Word in us.  Take care

Hey OC :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts sister. :thumbsup:

I think context is key when looking at Scripture. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the whole passage about glorifying God in your body. It is about sexual sin.

I actually believe I stated that I don't like tattoos nor do I find them attractive. I also do not find green hair attractive.

Again, I think this is a case of personal preference and not a sin issue to me. If others views it as a sin issue then they certainly should not partake in getting tattoos. As in all things, we should pray for God to give us wisdom and we should attempt to give others grace. Both those who frown on tattoos and those who promote them. Is it a salvation issue? No. Is it an essential doctrine to the faith? No. It's a non-essential not a non-negotiable. I have many friends on both side of the fence on this issue.

The older I get the less dogmatic I get about the non-essentials of the faith.

My position is stated in the OP and on this post a while back.

God bless,

GE