IGNORED

Mat.5:21 We must judge or We must not resist an evil person 5:39?

Ogner

Guest Teditis
18 hours ago, Ogner said:

Judgement. One of the most misunderstood things about Christianity, and the number one reason the modern churches are falling from grace; refusing to help the brothers and sisters turn from sinful ways.
Jesus does not say do not judge. Jesus tells us how to judge; first be sure we are not guilty of the same sin (remove the plank from our eye) so that we may clearly help our brothers and sisters in understanding and repenting for their sin (so that [we] may see clearly to remove the speck from our brother's eye).
You're not telling your brothers and sisters about their sin and helping them repent? That's just as much of a sin, as it goes against what Jesus taught.

What about 1 Corinthians 6:1-6 ?

Sure, I'll point out sin in someone close to me or in special circumstances but

I'd rather that my brother's and sister's came to me and asked for my prayers and advice.

For me to thrust myself into their lives without express permission would seem too much

like the guy with a plank in his eye trying to remove a speck out of their eye. Condemnation.

I don't condemn people with sin because I've been too caught-up in it myself. Furthermore

Jesus didn't/doesn't condemn me when I'd sin... He walk me through it and out of it

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Ogner.....

"Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment." ?

In other words,,,,,,,you cannot always "judge" a book by it's cover,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a "determination" not a judgement as in "guilty" or "not guilty",,,,,,,but rather using discernment ,,,,,,,,,,,try to always remember that what you SEE is not always what you get,,,,,,,,,we can certainly "judge them" by their fruits & that does not mean we are a person's JUDGE but we can know what/WHO is inside of them by the FRUITS they produce,,,,,,,,,even here on Worthy,we only have some BRIEF posts to try to understand what someone is all about,some people do not always express themselves well with but a few words,they may have difficulty with the English language,we may misunderstand what we read,,,,,,,but with a llittle time we can get to know & understand one another to "judge" accordingly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

For example,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Consistency,in one,;two or 3 posts it may sound "good" what one is saying & then soon their "true colors" will show,,,,,,are they consistently sowing "good seeds" or are at the core of division,trying to prove a point or 'self" righteous,maybe they continually encourage or pray for others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do we JUDGE them? No but we will know if they are of like mind & Judgment soon e5nough & by praying discernment by the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'

King James Bible
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
                                                                                        1 Cor 1:10

Glory to God,Praise Jesus!                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  702
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  3

I have found out in my experiences that the most judgemental people are the ones who say we are not to judge.

We are to judge. We are just not allowed to make the determination that someone's soul is beyond God's redemption.

When we witness, we "judge" that the person needs to hear the Gospel.

When we are to love our enemies, we "judge" that someone is our enemy.

Many people love to "judge", on this site included, but God help you if they think you're "judging" them.

Usually, those who wear the banner of tolerance and unity are the very ones who are the most intolerant and spread the most disunity. Yet, they're always placing the blame on everyone, anyone, else.

Scripture claims that we are to make judgements of all sorts, but out judgements need to go beyond mere appearance into actual character.  Whereas, appearance may be a determining factor of character, it may be the results of something else, altogether. That is why outward appearance is to be the least of our judgements.

Most of the time, the people who claim one is judging, are upset, because you are telling then that they are wrong.

Personally, I have NEVER seen anyone on here telling anyone else that they are beyond God's saving grace, though I have seen many fling around the word judgement and judgemental as if the words had no meaning.

Einheit über die Wahrheit

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Ogner.....

In other words,,,,,,,you cannot always "judge" a book by it's cover,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a "determination" not a judgement as in "guilty" or "not guilty",,,,,,,but rather using discernment ,,,,,,,,,,,try to always remember that what you SEE is not always what you get,,,,,,,,,we can certainly "judge them" by their fruits & that does not mean we are a person's JUDGE but we can know what/WHO is inside of them by the FRUITS they produce,,,,,,,,,even here on Worthy,we only have some BRIEF posts to try to understand what someone is all about,some people do not always express themselves well with but a few words,they may have difficulty with the English language,we may misunderstand what we read,,,,,,,but with a llittle time we can get to know & understand one another to "judge" accordingly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

For example,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Consistency,in one,;two or 3 posts it may sound "good" what one is saying & then soon their "true colors" will show,,,,,,are they consistently sowing "good seeds" or are at the core of division,trying to prove a point or 'self" righteous,maybe they continually encourage or pray for others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do we JUDGE them? No but we will know if they are of like mind & Judgment soon e5nough & by praying discernment by the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'

Glory to God,Praise Jesus!                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

Of course, it is always wrong to make judgments about a person's motives or thoughts because we don't know their mind. In John 7:24, Jesus said, "Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment." In this verse Jesus is talking about making righteous judgments in regard to God's laws. We must make judgments in matters of biblical doctrine and righteous living. The Bible is our foundation and if we don't discern and follow what God says then it will become just another book. Then everyone will be doing whatever they think is right, just like the Israelis did in the time of the Judges. Judges 21:25 says, "In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as he saw fit".

To keep God's commands, we must first judge what is right and what is wrong. For example, 1 Cor. 5:11-13 say, "... you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. 'Expel the wicked man from among you'". In these verses, God tells us to judge church members and expel them if necessary. Then we are told in Rom. 12:9, "Hate what is evil; cling to what is good". How can we do that if we don't first judge what is good and what is evil? So, we must make judgments about what is right and what is wrong so that we can live according to God's commands.

Even though people will tell us that we should not judge, the Bible makes it clear that we should. The following examples show where the Apostles exposed error:
a) Paul named and spoke against certain men in 2 Tim. 2:16-17, 2 Tim. 4:14-15 and 1 Tim. 1:19-20.
b) John named a man who was in error in 3 John 1:9-10.
c) Paul publicly corrected Peter, a fellow Apostle, in Galatians 2:11-14.
d) Leaders caught in false teaching or immorality are to be rebuked publicly as 1 Tim. 5:20 says.
e) Christians who won't repent must be removed from the church -  Matt. 18:15-17.
These examples make it clear that we must judge and publicly expose error and, if necessary, discipline those who are in sin. The salvation of souls and purity of the church depends on this.

There is a lot of peer pressure telling us not to judge and not to speak against false teachings even when it is known that souls are being misled. People will say, "We must not judge" or "Let's keep the peace and unity". However, if we don't show people their error then they may end up in hell.

Blessings Ogner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So if you don't like the answers to the question you posed & you believe you already know the answer,,,,why ask? I'm not asking in a bad way,,,,,so please don't think my intention is anything more than a simple question

What did you hope to achieve or get at by posting your OP?             Praise the Lord & Peace to you  Love,Kwik

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Ogner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So if you don't like the answers to the question you posed & you believe you already know the answer,,,,why ask? I'm not asking in a bad way,,,,,so please don't think my intention is anything more than a simple question

What did you hope to achieve or get at by posting your OP?             Praise the Lord & Peace to you  Love,Kwik

Must I like all the answers to the question I posed? Yes, when I started this topic I already knew my answer. But I didn't know other people's answers.

Edited by Ogner

Blessings Ogner,,,,,,,

Oh ,so you feel you must LIKE the answers people respond with,,,,,hmmmm,interesting? You don't think it is a good thing if you don't "like" them but perhaps you can learn something or get a different perspective or even a more expansive view? Well,everyone is different & that is your prerogative,I just asked,,,,,,& it really didn't answer my question,,,,,I didn't ask if you need to like your answers,,,,,,,,,,,I asked what you hoped to achieve by starting this Thread,,,,,Since you say you already KNOW your answer then did you hope to teach on this Forum or to encourage others not to judge,,,,,,what has motivated you to speak on this particular Topic?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I just lost my entire post,,,,,,ugggh,so discouraging when that happens! Anyway,I hoped to clarify why I ask the questions I do,,,,,so you ncould better understand where I am coming from,,,,,

We are Ambassadors for Christ,,,,,,,,,all members of the SAME BODY,Christ is our Head,,,,,How much better is it to convey our message,the Good News,if we UNDERSTAND one another's goals,hopes,what we are trying to promote or say then we can be that much more effective,in one accord,,,,

If WE do not even know what we are trying to say to our own Brothers & Sisters,how can we work together,,,,as ONE   Personally,i love to take a moment to "listen",hear & understand our Family members,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's simple,it is LOVE               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  702
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  3

We are not to cater the message to what people want to hear. The message stands alone. It, alone, has the power to save. Not us.  We, simply proclaim it. If the hearers don't like it, that is on them, not us.

Everywhere the Apostle Paul went, there was either a revival, or a riot.

We don't, and are NOT expected to work together as one. My hand does not work as my foot. My fingers are not as my ears. We each have specific qualities that another does not have. God uses each one of us as He sees fit, not as WE see fit.

God doesn't accomplish His will because of us.

God accomplishes His will in spite of us.

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Ogner,,,,,,,

Oh ,so you feel you must LIKE the answers people respond with,,,,,hmmmm,interesting? You don't think it is a good thing if you don't "like" them but perhaps you can learn something or get a different perspective or even a more expansive view? Well,everyone is different & that is your prerogative,I just asked,,,,,,& it really didn't answer my question,,,,,I didn't ask if you need to like your answers,,,,,,,,,,,I asked what you hoped to achieve by starting this Thread,,,,,Since you say you already KNOW your answer then did you hope to teach on this Forum or to encourage others not to judge,,,,,,what has motivated you to speak on this particular Topic?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Why Do We Do What We Do? Why do people open new topics? Do you think people always will start a new topic only if they don't know the answer to their questions?

Topic = question for answer only or question/point for discussions too?

I am open to discussion and welcome criticism. But I must not tell lies that I agree with every answer.