• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

56 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

In the verse you quoted, it says there is neither male or female. I see you have male in your profile. Is it wrong to divide people based on gender?

In terms of salvation, there is no difference. Jews and Gentiles, men and women, are all saved the same way, by faith in Jesus. There is no other way to be saved. When saved by faith in Jesus, we are one in Messiah Jesus. 

I already explained why Gentiles believers are called Messianic Gentiles and Jewish believers are called Messianic Jews. Messianic Judaism is an evangelistic organization, which share the gospel with unsaved Jewish people. The distinction is very important when sharing the gospel with the Jewish community, based on the Jewish culture. There isn't much more I can explain. In evangelistic efforts to various communities, it is very important to take into account the ethnic customs, experiences, etc, so as not to offend them or misrepresent what we are and Who Jesus is.

Could you explain why exactly that distinction is very important? I am told that the majority who attend Messianic Jewish congregations aren't Jewish. So I am unable to understand why exactly that distinction is very important?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, SIC said:

Well baptists, methodists, calvinists and the rest call themselves Christians . They don't call them Jews ... Messianic Jews as I understand do not call themselves Christians

Well, Methodists are a denomination. Calvinsists believe specific doctrines that not all Christians believe. The word Christian, however, is an anglicized Greek word, that means the same as Messianic does. The name Messianic or Christian was first applied to believers in Antioch, a Gentile region, and has just sort of stuck over the centuries.

Jews were called Jews because of association to the tribe of Judah. Those who identify as Jews, identify with that name based on (usually)  ancestral association with that group, and have kept some of the customs that have come down from that, and restored some that were lost, such as Hebrew itself. 

I see no need to insist on either label, believers in Jesus as Messiah, is what both groups have in common. If person calling themselves Messianic Jews, are clinging to the laws and customs too tightly, then the have a limited understanding of what Christ freed them from, spiritually ineffective rituals and efforts to follow rules, that no one is able to. If they fail to see themselves as in the same spiritual boat with gentile Christians, then apparently they did not get the memo of Galatians 3:28.

There is just one body of Christ, it is not divided, but at times, it would serve gentile Christians to remember, that we are a branch, grafted into the tree of Judaism. At the same time, modern Judaism (Rabbinic Judaism) is not the Judaism of the Old Testament either, so, perhaps, it has strayed from the path, whlle those who understand grace and salvation through Jesus the Messiah, are on course, and are true Jews, the Israel of God.

Just my opinions and I am not by any means knowledgeable or an expert in this area.

9 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, Methodists are a denomination. Calvinsists believe specific doctrines tnat not all Christians believe. The word Christian, however, is an anglisised Greek word, that means the same as Messianic does. The name Messianic or Christian was first applied to beleivers in Antioch, a Gentile region, and has just sort of stuck over the centuries.

Jews were called Jews because of association to the tribe of Judah. Those who identify as Jews, identify with that name based on (usually)  ancestral association withthat group, and have kept some of the customs that have come down from that, and restored some that were lost, such as Hebrew itself. 

I see no need to insist on either label, beleivers in Jesus as Messiah, is what both groups have in common. If person calling themselves Messianic Jews, are clinging to the laws and customs too tightly, then the have a limited understanding of what Christ free them from, spiritually ineffective rituals and efforts to follow rule, that no one is able to. If they fail to see themselves as in the same spiritual boat with gentile Christians, then apparently they did not get the memo of Galatians 3:28.

There is just one body of Christ, it is not divided, but at times, it would serve gentile Christians to remember, that we are a branch, garfted into the tree of Judaism. At the same time, modern Judaism (Rabbinic Judaism) is not the Judaism of the Old Testament either, so, perhaps, it has strayed from the path, whlle those who understand grace and salvation through Jesus the Messiah, are on course, and are true Jews, the Israel of God.

Just my opinions and I am not by any means knowledgeable or an expert in this area.

I agree with much of what you say here. The exception being we are graffed into the tree of Judaism. My opinion of the tree is the kingdom of Christ priesthoood,  promised in Abraham. The apostles certainly were considered a SECT of Judaism in their day. Therefore whatever they were teaching and or practicing as a community was seen as distinct from the other sects. My opinion is the Lords supper was his distinct Passover seder, which Gentiles shared in. There was no need to add Rabbinic enactments to it for it to be a Passover unto him . Just the bread and the cup.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, SIC said:

Well Jade. I'm more interested in what they feel about you. Do they see as a sister in Christ or do they see you as a Gentile Christian/

As a sister in Christ.

3 hours ago, SIC said:

So why not call themselves Jewish Christians ? Why call themselves Messianic Jews?

The word Messiah means the same as Christ. So they are calling themselves Jewish Christians using a hebrew word. 

In my area, there are churches that are chinese. They are Christians, but have a cultural background of being chinese, speaking chinese etc. There are hispanic churches too. Where they speak spanish, and have a mexican/hispanic cultural background. No one sees them as bad because they are chinese or hispanic churches. To me, a Messianic congregation is like that. Same God. Same Jesus. Same worship. Just a different cultural flavor. 

• Group:  Diamond Member

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

The word Messiah means the same as Christ. So they are calling themselves Jewish Christians using a hebrew word. 

In my area, there are churches that are chinese. They are Christians, but have a cultural background of being chinese, speaking chinese etc. There are hispanic churches too. Where they speak spanish, and have a mexican/hispanic cultural background. No one sees them as bad because they are chinese or hispanic churches. To me, a Messianic congregation is like that. Same God. Same Jesus. Same worship. Just a different cultural flavor. 

I can understand the close connection to Jewish culture if the majority of the attendees are Jewish. But when the majority of the attendees are not Jewish then well why the adherence to the Jewish culture?

I mean why do something when there is no need? 

Because I enjoy it. My worship life has improved. I get a sense of holiness about God that I didnt get in the worship at other churches. It appeals to my puritan preferences oddly enough. 

Guest shiloh357
32 minutes ago, SIC said:

I can understand the close connection to Jewish culture if the majority of the attendees are Jewish. But when the majority of the attendees are not Jewish then well why the adherence to the Jewish culture?

I mean why do something when there is no need? 

But there is a need, especially in this day and age for Christians to understand the Hebraic roots of the Christian faith.   And attending a Messianic Jewish congregation is a way fulfilling that need.   The Bible was written by Jews and is written in the terminology of Hebraic culture.  The idioms it uses are Hebraic.   The NT draws on Festivals, the sacrifices, the covenants in order to communicate truth to Christians.   "Christianity" as we know it, didn't exist when the NT was written.  The original cultural milieu of the NT is Hebraic/Jewish, like it or not.   One does not need to be Jewish to be able to appreciate that.

Participating in the Sabbath or the biblical Festivals causes aspects of that culture to take a more practical slant.  We can read the Bible and make sense of it, but when actually see it, feel it, touch it, taste it, those things take on a more concrete image in our minds and help shape our theology for the better. 

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

But there is a need, especially in this day and age for Christians to understand the Hebraic roots of the Christian faith.   And attending a Messianic Jewish congregation is a way fulfilling that need.   The Bible was written by Jews and is written in the terminology of Hebraic culture.  The idioms it uses are Hebraic.   The NT draws on Festivals, the sacrifices, the covenants in order to communicate truth to Christians.   "Christianity" as we know it, didn't exist when the NT was written.  The original cultural milieu of the NT is Hebraic/Jewish, like it or not.   One does not need to be Jewish to be able to appreciate that.

Participating in the Sabbath or the biblical Festivals causes aspects of that culture to take a more practical slant.  We can read the Bible and make sense of it, but when actually see it, feel it, touch it, taste it, those things take on a more concrete image in our minds and help shape our theology for the better. 

Well I dont quite agree with it. There are may heroes of our faith who did not go down that route and still lived an exemplary life in Christ

Guest shiloh357
Just now, SIC said:

Well I dont quite agree with it. There are may heroes of our faith who did not go down that route and still lived an exemplary life in Christ

It is true even if you disagree with it.  The truth is the truth and it doesn't need your approval to be true.   No one said that one MUST do those things, but facts are facts, and thankfully what you think about it doesn't really matter.