• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

15 hours ago, DARRELX said:

I do believe that the heart of man is the emotional centre. Whether this is centred in the brain or stems from our spiritual man, I don't know. All I know is that in my debates with atheists concerning evidence for God, it is a heart matter not a head matter. Although atheists claim that their rejection for God is intellectual, based on evidence, they reject all evidence for design and evidence against evolution, because of the obvious ramifications. 

yes, it's not about the conscious mental process -- it's about the thing that underlies that. they don't have an "intellectual or logical problem" they have a fundamental problem stemming from the very nature of their minds & the origin of their thoughts. 
the "heart" is a slippery term we use that doesn't point to the middle of someone's chest; if it is located anywhere in the body, it is in the brain, and the brain is certainly the interface between it and internal monologue. 
"mind" & "mental" are much more than brain. they are general terms that encompass much more than conscious thought. they include that thing that we call "heart" 

but this is just arguing over words -- how about the substance ?? 

even Joe, hey -- the Bible does speak about 'psychology' -- haven't you read about 'the futility of the thinking' of the Gentiles? 
what is talk about "mind" and "thinking" and "knowing" and "believing" -- what category is that stuff all in? it's dealing with whatcha call 'psychology' - of and about our 'thinkers' and the thinks we think. 
the term itself didn't exist 3000 years ago; so what? just because i mention the word "id" doesn't mean in any way shape or form that i'm espousing Freudian philosophy, my friend. that's quite a stretch IMHO. 
but i know of a certain that my thinks ain't always coming across how i think them -- so mebbee i just ain't been clear. 

• Group:  Diamond Member

22 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

Never Does The Bible Use Psychological (Demonic) Talk

"be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind"

hmm. if that ain't psychology, what is it? 

Edited by post
there is no "preview post" function on this website -- i changed some text color

Guest Thallasa
20 hours ago, DARRELX said:

I do believe that the heart of man is the emotional centre. Whether this is centred in the brain or stems from our spiritual man, I don't know. All I know is that in my debates with atheists concerning evidence for God, it is a heart matter not a head matter. Although atheists claim that their rejection for God is intellectual, based on evidence, they reject all evidence for design and evidence against evolution, because of the obvious ramifications. 

Darrlex , what you were saying was interesting , but I feel your post is incomplete, as I do not quite understand the last part,  and I prefer not to be guessing . 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

56 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Darrlex , what you were saying was interesting , but I feel your post is incomplete, as I do not quite understand the last part,  and I prefer not to be guessing . 

Atheists claim that they reject God through logic, reason and evidence but all evidence clearly points to God. (Romans 1:20) So atheism is not based on logic, reason or evidence but on the hardness of their hearts toward God. It is not an intellectual thing but a heart thing. 

Guest Thallasa
9 minutes ago, DARRELX said:

Atheists claim that they reject God through logic, reason and evidence but all evidence clearly points to God. (Romans 1:20) So atheism is not based on logic, reason or evidence but on the hardness of their hearts toward God. It is not an intellectual thing but a heart thing. 

Thankyou .  I agree wth this .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, post said:

yes, it's not about the conscious mental process -- it's about the thing that underlies that. they don't have an "intellectual or logical problem" they have a fundamental problem stemming from the very nature of their minds & the origin of their thoughts. 
the "heart" is a slippery term we use that doesn't point to the middle of someone's chest; if it is located anywhere in the body, it is in the brain, and the brain is certainly the interface between it and internal monologue. 
"mind" & "mental" are much more than brain. they are general terms that encompass much more than conscious thought. they include that thing that we call "heart" 

Well Paul used the term heart and spoke of the hardness of the heart. I doubt that anyone thinks he was talking about the organ. 

I think you are saying that the heart and mind are the same or atleast both reside in the brain.

Could be I doubt it matters all that much doctrinally.

As an age care worker and dealing with alziemers patients, and see how behavior and function is changed through the physical deterioration of the brain. I have been wondering about our spirit and how it is subject to physical mental problems and on what level the spirit can think and function free from the physical mind. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, post said:

"be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind"

hmm. if that ain't psychology, what is it? 

:emot-heartbeat:

It Is

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (Berean Study Bible)

The Mighty Holy Ghost

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2 (King James Bible)

And Not The Philosophies Of Man And Demons

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. Colossians 2:8 (English Standard Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3 (New American Standard Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, post said:

"mind" & "mental" are much more than brain. they are general terms that encompass much more than conscious thought. they include that thing that we call "heart" it's a stretch IMHO. 
but i know of a certain that my thoughts ain't always coming across how i think them -- so maybe i just ain't been clear.

Amen Beloved~!

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
John 3:5-7

Not All Minds

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16

Are Alike

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. John 15:15

• Group:  Diamond Member

2 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

The Mighty Holy Ghost

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2 (King James Bible)

and the study of this -- a thing that concerns our minds, and goes on in our minds, and affects our minds -- this would be a study of mental processes, yes? 

i'm not asking about the source of or the thing that impels these changes. i'm asking about the changes themselves, the thing being changed, and the implication the scripture gives of both the need for them to be changed, and the fact that the change in them is ongoing. 

mind & mental processes, both conscious and subconscious. 
right? 
a.k.a. "psyche" ? 

who cares about secular philosophies? 
i don't. they don't apply to us. 

just saying: a person can't discount the kind of psychology ((study of the mind, both subconscious & conscious)) that the Bible describes, simply by saying "the godless world has ideas about psychology." 
how would that be different from saying "the godless world has ideas about right and wrong, so you can't talk about right and wrong" ? or we can't talk about biology at all or use biological terms, because some in the world have wrong ideas about biology? 

that's not what you're saying, is it? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, DARRELX said:

I think you are saying that the heart and mind are the same or at least both reside in the brain.

1. The brain is the physical organ that regulates the individual through the nervous system. Thoughts affect the activity of the brain as electrical impulses.

2. The soul is the individual (the person) himself, and is also referred to as *the heart* in Scripture.  The body is simply the *tabernacle* (residence) of the soul. The soul is also where the old sin nature resides.

3. The mind also resides within the soul, and also where thoughts reside and are generated. The mind is static whereas thoughts are dynamic and follow the laws of energy.

4. The spirit also resides within the soul and communicates with God, Christ and the Holy Spirit. It is the spirit that comprehends the things of the Spirit.

When the Holy Spirit comes to indwell a Christian, He renews and regenerates the heart, mind, soul, and spirit, and also empowers the believer to do God's will.  Thus Christians have the spirit of power, and love, and of a sound mind. The sin nature cannot dominate the believer.

That is why Scripture says that if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature.  Old things are passed away.  Behold all things are become new.  This is a supernatural conversion, and is clearly demonstrated in the conversion of Saul the Pharisee to Paul the apostle of Christ.