• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

HERE IS WHAT A BIBLICAL CHURCH CONSISTS OF (Acts 2):

A PREACHER APPOINTED BY GOD NOT MEN
14But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

A PREACHER WHO KNOWS AND USES THE OLD TESTAMENT
15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

A PREACHER WHO PREACHES THE TRUE GOSPEL (SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH)
21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

A PREACHER WHO PREACHES CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED
22Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

A PREACHER WHO PROCLAIMS THE BODILY RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
24Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

A PREACHER WHO KNOWS MESSIANIC PROPHECIES
29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

A PREACHER WHO PREACHES THAT JESUS IS BOTH LORD AND CHRIST
32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

A CHURCH WHERE THE HOLY SPIRIT CONVICTS SINNERS
37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

A CHURCH WHERE REPENTANCE, FAITH, AND THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST ARE ALL PROCLAIMED
38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off,even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

A CHURCH WHERE SINNERS ARE SAVED AND BAPTIZED IMMEDIATELY
41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

A CHURCH WHERE SOUND BIBLE DOCTRINE IS TAUGHT
42And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine

A CHURCH WHERE THERE IS TRUE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP
and fellowship,

A CHURCH WHICH OBSERVES THE LORD'S SUPPER WEEKLY
and in breaking of bread,

A CHURCH WHICH PRAYS TOGETHER AND STAYS TOGETHER
and in prayers.

A CHURCH WHERE GOD'S PRESENCE IS EVIDENT
43And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

A CHURCH WHICH IS OF ONE MIND AND ONE ACCORD
44And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

A CHURCH WHERE THE NEEDS OF THE SAINTS TAKE PRIORITY
45And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

A CHURCH THAT WORSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS DAILY
46And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

A CHURCH WHICH GLORIFIES GOD AND BRINGS SINNERS TO SALVATION
47Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

On 7/1/2016 at 4:55 AM, Ezra said:

HERE IS WHAT A BIBLICAL CHURCH CONSISTS OF (Acts 2):

14But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

A CHURCH WHERE REPENTANCE, FAITH, AND THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST ARE ALL PROCLAIMED
38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off,even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine

and fellowship,

and in breaking of bread,

and in prayers.

43And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

A CHURCH WHICH IS OF ONE MIND AND ONE ACCORD
44And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

47Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Thankyou for sharing this post it was just what i needed to help me with my current leading towards a Church their is many of these points involved too some im still needing to think about i do have time though :) 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

If the anointing is on you then that is visible both physically and spiritually to others as you minister the word. If not you was a went-on your own instead of a sent-appointed by YHWH-God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Not all early churches practiced communism, and if the Jerusalem Church had not they might not have been so poor during the famine.  So I would oppose every member selling all they had and joining a commune.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

What is communism is that the breaking of bread and drinking of wine ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

19 hours ago, Willa said:

Not all early churches practiced communism, and if the Jerusalem Church had not they might not have been so poor during the famine.  So I would oppose every member selling all they had and joining a commune.

One does not have to practice Communism or live in a commune to give the needs of the saints high priority.  And before we dismiss what the Jerusalem church did, we need to remind ourselves that God was mightily at work in this church ,and blessing it in many ways, including the salvation of souls DAILY.  That is something to think about.  Furthermore, what is recorded in Scripture is meant to be a pattern for all churches in all times and in all nations.  People are constantly asking "I am looking for a church.  What should I look for?"  Well the answer is in Scripture.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

I'm not disagreeing with the original post by any means, but may I suggest looking at it from another angle?

A Biblical definition of ‘church’?

The New Testament doesn't have a special word for 'church'; the apostles used ekklesia, the normal Greek word for 'assembly'. So what makes an 'assembly' a 'church'? 

The New Testament letters were written mostly to churches, and many of the greetings at the beginning contain more than just the name of the church concerned. In them we read descriptions of the people who make up the church:

“To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be His holy people.” (Romans 1:7)

“To those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be His holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (I Corinthians 1:2) 

“To God’s holy people, the faithful in Christ Jesus.” (Ephesians 1:1)

“To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi.” (Philippians 1:1)

“To God’s holy people in Colossae, the faithful brothers in Christ.” (Colossians 1:2)

“To God’s elect… who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with His blood.” (I Peter 1:1,2)

“To those who through the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.” (II Peter 1:1)

“To those who have been called, who are loved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ.” (Jude 1)

There are some common themes here: the love of God, a calling, faith, holiness, and of course a commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. 

A church can therefore be defined as a community of people who have heard God’s call and experienced His love, who have responded by putting their faith in Jesus and acknowledging Him as Lord, and who are being transformed (made holy) by His Spirit.

Edited by Deborah_

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 01/07/2016 at 0:55 AM, Ezra said:

HERE IS WHAT A BIBLICAL CHURCH CONSISTS OF :

(Acts 2)

I'd like to add the following: A CHURCH THAT DOES NOT SUPPORT ANY CANDIDATE DURING VOTING CAMPAINGS