• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I think I"m missing something, who is a same sex father and please don't tell me you find it in scripture.

The point of the OP was to complain that Sulu in the next Star Trek movie was being portrayed as member of a same sex couple besides being a father also (i.e. a same sex father, or perhaps that is not the correct term).  My point was that it is a thing mentioned once in passing in the movie and not really a big deal.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

19 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Just another movie I won't be spending money to see.

Too bad actually. I used to love to go to the movies. Haven't been to one for quite sometime. It is too bad that Satan is in control of our media. I was checking out redbox yesterday because I was interested in renting an old movie. Some of the movies and the pictures displayed was enough to make my hair curl.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I would have to see the actual situation.  If it is mentioned in passing that is not too big of a deal.  But if it's a storyline portrayed throughout the film then it does become a big deal.  I am horrible at analogies.  But if you were at a grocery store and saw the cashier sell something to an openly gay couple, would you never shop there again?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Selling to gays and selling gays to the audience is a different thing. More precisely selling gay parents. It is the promotion of the grooming of children for gay relationships. 

2 hours ago, da_man1974 said:

if you were at a grocery store and saw the cashier sell something to an openly gay couple, would you never shop there again?

I guess I don't see it as them promoting the whole gay parent or gay couple thing.  It is something that is out there.  And if we hide from it we are only being ignorant to the world that we are in.  We don't have to agree with it, but we do have to accept that it is going to happen.  I would think that it would allow for healthy families to have a conversation about their own morals and values and how that type of relationship, although it happens, is not right. 

Edited by da_man1974

Has anyone ever said "I am not going to see that movie because it had premarital sex in it or the main character was committing adultery?  How about movies that depict greed as a good thing?  

What about the movie Courageous where there is a crooked cop stealing drugs and selling them?

Guest Robert
7 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Has anyone ever said "I am not going to see that movie because it had premarital sex in it or the main character was committing adultery?  How about movies that depict greed as a good thing?  

Yes: my wife and I. If a movie has any of those things, we will not see it. If those things turn up in a movie, we walk out of it.

3 minutes ago, RobertS said:

Yes: my wife and I. If a movie has any of those things, we will not see it. If those things turn up in a movie, we walk out of it.

Have you been to a movie in the last 20 years you got to see all of?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Actually, there are a lot of us who don't go to movies or rent them for that very reason.   And yes it is a big deal that they had to insert a same sex parent thing into Star Trek.  Even George Takei disagreed with doing it and he is the original Sulu. 

They plant seeds in the minds of people, make it look normal maybe only mentioning it passing to gently ease people into accepting it.   It's all about normalizing a disgusting, sickening lifestyle.