IGNORED

Genesis Daylight before celestial objects.

Just a Mirror

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Teditis said:

I read your word study of "Yom"... it was very good.

Still, with all of that it still appears to me that the context of ..."And the evening and morning were the first day." (etc.)

clearly hold the meaning of the word yom to mean a 24-hour period.

There was no Sun or Earth for the first 9 Billion years, why would God base His actions on something that didn't even exist ? I have a very long Creation post somewhere on the Web, I will track it down. It give my in depth study from both the Creation and Science POV, and of course Science is only the journey from the Unknown to the Known, which God only Knows all.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To another post about light,  I have read somewhere recently, that there is no such thing as light, it is only a refection. Thus, maybe when God said he "Moved upon the Waters" maybe this is how all light was created, since its only a Reflection....Just a thought.

"YOM" is a period of time, not always a day. I have done an in depth study, of Science and Religion, then I tried to merge the two together using logic. For starters, God confused us at Babel, so He doesn't necessarily want us to know all that He knows. If the Universe is 13.7 billion years old and the Earth only 4.5 billion years old, why would anyone assume the First Day was 24 Hours ? My theory is below, I am not stating it is a fact, just my deductive reasoning. For it to be a proven fact, one would have to prove the exact years are true. That is a geusstimate of course.

God Created the Universe in His own time frame. (There is no time in Gods realm or God is not subject to Time.) Looking to the WMAP, (NASA Program) the way the Universe is Mapped by the Microwaves, then reading the Creation Story, it all fits. Anyone that thinks God was speaking of Earth Rotations (Days) seems off kilter, the Earth was not even around until the Universe was 9.2 billion years old !!

God has no time in His Realm or is not subject to time. Causation came about with the Creation of our universe. My "TIME THEORY" is based on study not just guess work. Since the Universe was created, and Earth was Formed 9.2 billion years latter, then the first day had to be 9.2 billion years Old.....BECAUSE:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and Darkness was on he face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

{{ Notice, the Earth was void and without form, that is because God only Spoke it into Creation, it actuality it took 9.2 Billion years to form. Notice it says there was darkness on the face of the deep ? Well the WMAP/NASA Project, which has mapped out the Universe with Microwaves, says there was darkness on the face of the deep. (Big Bang, followed by Inflation, followed by Cosmic Microwave background where after 380,000 years loose electrons cool enough to combine with protons. The Universe becomes Transparent to Light. The Microwave background begins to shine. Then the dark ages/clouds of dark hydrogen gas cool and coalesce. You get 400 Million years of Darkness...."On the Face of the Deep" }}  

HIT THE LINK and check out the MAP and see the 400 Million Years of Darkness http://donsnotes.com/science/astronomy/wmap-timeline.html 

{{ The first stars appear..........Gas Clouds collapse, the fusion of Stars begin, the first of which appears at about 400 million years after the Big Bang. SO............When the Bible says Darkness was on the face of the deep, God knew exactly what was happening in the very beginning !! }}

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. {{ The First day was Darkness and Light. People have often confused this, but God is saying there was Darkness, then Light (Stars formed at 400 million years).......That was the first day. It lasted 9.2 Billion years, give or take a few million years....LOL. }}

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. {{ How does a firmament (Heaven/Air) divide the waters from the waters ? Well, God placed waters on the Earth, and the Sky has water in the Air, that's why it Rains !! This was the Second Day, so it couldn't have Started any sooner than 4.5 Billion years ago. And the Grasses and Herbs began to appear at about 900 Million years B.C. according to my study of Science books, so the Second Day lasted from 4.5 Billion years until about 900 Million years B.C. And as God stated, that was the 2ND DAY. }}

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

{{ So, since the Grasses and herb yielding fruits came about around 900 Million Years B.C. to 800 Million years B.C. that becomes the 3RD DAY. }}

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

{Seems God set the Seasons, and that was the fourth day. Probably happened at about the same time as the 3rd day, fairly close imho. And the stars  were for signs and times. The moon was the lesser light to rule the night.}

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. 21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

{{ Through a study of Science books and such it is determined that the Sea Creatures have been around much longer than the Land Creatures, and that jibes with Gods account here..............About 500 Million years ago the Sea Creatures and fowl came along, and that was the 5TH DAY. It lasted until about 250 million years B.C. }}

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

{{{ Through studying Science again the land animals/creatures started showing up around 250 million years ago. So this was the 6TH day........From 250 million years B.C. until 6000 years B.C. when God created man and rested from His creation. }}}

We are now in Gods day of rest or the 7TH DAY............

This actually all fits together in Gods timeline. It can not be perfect by the numbers of course, but it is an approximation that makes more sense than an earth that is only 6000 years old. Or in believing a universe that magically appeared from nothing.

Many seem to think that man is much older than 6000 years old, I ask, why is it not recorded in history ? Secondly, Man became man when God imparted him with a Soul, and put His Spirit in us. Any Animal created before this impartation, that made us into human beings (or made us into the image of God) , was not a Human Being as we are known today. They would just be another animal, nothing more, nothing less. 

Again, this is only my theory/belief from studying both science and the bible. God Bless, I seek to Glorify God in all things, Not myself.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

God didn't translate the Hebrew into English, men did, and in many places they translated it wrong. 

God was never the Light of this Universe, else there wouldn't have been Darkness of the face of the Deep for 400 Million years. God is the light of Heaven, where no light is needed. He created light for us by commanding it be brought forth.

I belong to God's Word and God's Word belongs to me ... Praise belongs to God His Word endures forever...  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Thallasa said:

I do not believe Creation is only 6000 years old ,and when Mark says God made them from the beginning ,male and female ,the creation was being   tainted again by the sins of sodom . So as the N. T., is a new beginning, the evangelist was emphasising, how God made us ,as male and female .

We can see in later cultures, as they degenerate ,from Sodom ,to Greece ,to Mayan ,to war time Germany etc. that the 'death of the soul ' of humanity as it descends,  does so in this way .

Mark did not say they were in the beginning with God.  Jesus did. And Jesus knows. He was there. And mankind is not effected by Sodom. Sodom was a specific place in a specific sin and with Gomorrah it was judged.  It is a side note in the history of man

Guest Thallasa
18 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

Mark did not say they were in the beginning with God.  Jesus did. And Jesus knows. He was there. And mankind is not effected by Sodom. Sodom was a specific place in a specific sin and with Gomorrah it was judged.  It is a side note in the history of man

I will ignore this post , as it is meaningless but dangerous .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

. And mankind is not effected by Sodom. Sodom was a specific place in a specific sin and with Gomorrah it was judged.  It is a side note in the history of man

Sodomy was legalized by the Texas Supreme Court in 2003..making same-sex sexual activity legal in every U.S. state and territory.

So, i think your "side note" theory has now become "gay civil rights" and "Transgenders" giving speeches at the Democratic Nat'l Convention.

Romans Ch 1 speaks to the perversion known as "homosexuality", and this was written long after God burned those twin cities to contain that situation.

Guest Robert
21 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

More like a preview of how God deals with sin when Man will not repent. Anyone who thinks the Tribulation will be a "cake walk" is in for a rude shock.

5 hours ago, Behold said:

Romans Ch 1 speaks to the perversion known as "homosexuality", and this was written long after God burned those twin cities to contain that situation.

I think we are off-tracking a wee bit, but.....Romans 1 is not really about Homosexuality, I thought it was too, until God showed me it was not a short time ago. Notice God is angry that His God Head is not being recognized, then Paul says when this Happens, God curses those nations/peoples with all manor of depravities, and Homosexuality is of course a depravity. So we kick God out of schools and the public in the late 50's and early 60's, and the "BE FREE" Hippy Culture of Free love and Homosexual Rights sprang up in the 60's and 70's,  and continues to this day. It is a curse upon a society that Rejects God.

3 hours ago, RobertS said:

More like a preview of how God deals with sin when Man will not repent. Anyone who thinks the Tribulation will be a "cake walk" is in for a rude shock.

It will be, but I am not going to be here, I am going to be in Heaven marrying the Lamb.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

I think we are off-tracking a wee bit, but.....Romans 1 is not really about Homosexuality, I thought it was too, until God showed me it was not a short time ago. Notice God is angry that His God Head is not being recognized, then Paul says when this Happens, God curses those nations/peoples with all manor of depravities, and Homosexuality is of course a depravity. So we kick God out of schools and the public in the late 50's and early 60's, and the "BE FREE" Hippy Culture of Free love and Homosexual Rights sprang up in the 60's and 70's,  and continues to this day. It is a curse upon a society that Rejects God.

Agree.

We all know the sins of Sodom but what was the underlying cause?

• Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.  Ezekiel 16:49

No compassion.  No mercy.  Too self-serving for any of that.

Self-reliance and self-sufficiency are prideful delusions that lead to godlessness which is manifested in all manner of sin.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Romans 1 is not really about Homosexuality, I thought it was too, until God showed me it was not a short time ago.

God showed you that THIS is not about homosexuality? ...... That is an interesting God you have, Rev Man.

Romans 1: 27 """""In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.""""