• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.16
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 7/17/2016 at 7:54 PM, other one said:

actually if you understand "M" string physics what he says pretty much describes what the Bible says.

now if you don't take to the theories or don't understand them, I can see where you are coming from;  and I am not sure I understand it deeply enough to teach it.    You can download a college level textbook off the internet and do some serious reading if you want to see where he's coming from....

Can it be proven......    nope, that's why they call it theoretical physics; but it really does explain how things do run, even in the Bible.   Well to be fare it pretty much explains how things run starting about 300 milliseconds after God said, "Let there be light."

:sherlock:

Pretty Much....

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

What is string theory? Is string theory connected with belief in God?

In physics, a beautiful theory is one that is mathematically simple and explains as much as possible in an apparently accurate way. Einstein developed the theory of relativity to describe gravity, time, mass, and light. Quantum theory arrived shortly after, attempting to explain how electricity and magnetism are related to the weak nuclear force (radiation) and the strong nuclear force (which bind protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus). Since Einstein's time, physicists have attempted to reconcile the two theories. The theory of relativity only works on "large" objects like stars, planets, people, and grains of sand. Quantum theory only works on the subatomic level. Relying on two theories to describe the cosmos is neither simple nor elegant. For that, physicists need a "Theory of Everything."

String theory is one candidate for this all-encompassing explanation. It posits that at the most fundamental level, all subatomic patterns are made of tiny bits of vibrating string. How these strings vibrate determine what their visible physical attributes will be. According to the latest derivative, M-Theory, the strings "live" in a world made of eleven dimensions. We interact with four of these dimensions—time, and the three spatial dimensions. The other seven are compacted so small that we cannot see them.

Some have used this idea of a cosmos made of eleven dimensions to explain how God exists outside of human existence. He is timeless, we can't see Him, and He interacts with our world in ways that do not make sense to our limited four-dimensional thinking. The classic illustration is that of two-dimensional characters who live on a sheet of paper and can only see their world on that paper. Everything, no matter its two dimensional shape, appears as a line segment. If a three-dimensional box were to interact with the two-dimensional world by bouncing across it, the inhabitants would occasionally see a point (as the box landed on a corner) or a line (if the box landed on a side or an edge). The inhabitants would be able to float around the shape to get an idea of its two-dimensional form, but they would never understand the concept that the shape actually lifted up off the paper into the dimension of depth. This view of God is similar. We will never understand His depth or how He moves in the world because we do not have access to all the dimensions He lives in.

Does God live in eleven dimensions? The Bible doesn't say. But if the cosmos is made of eleven dimensions and God made the cosmos, there's no reason to think He'd be confined to eleven dimensions any more than He'd be confined to four. It's possible that He made eleven dimensions so that He could work directly in our world, or even so that the fine nuances of our cosmology would operate correctly. But possible doesn't mean true.

Another issue with string theory is that, so far, it is a mathematical exercise, not necessarily science. A theory is generally considered scientific if it can be tested, observed (like the stars), and/or predict new scientific discoveries. String theory deals with particles on such a microscopic level that it's doubtful the components will ever be observed. And since we are confined to our four dimensions, gaining access to other dimensions would only occur through God's divine will.

God's relation to string theory is simply the fact that if string theory is true, God created it. Eleven dimensions cannot confine God, nor can eleven million dimensions. Tiny vibrating strings cannot define God and neither can the tiny vibrating machinations of the human mind define and confine Him. He can be known only as He is revealed to the heart by the Holy Spirit, and any attempt to bring Him down to the level of finite comprehension loses sight of His solitary excellence and transcendence.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts"
(Isaiah 55:8-9).
http://www.compellingtruth.org/string-theory.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You could not pay me enough to read that book. It is only the Holy Bible for me. The book of Enoch is a waist of time.

.........okay, could you tell me how you know the bible is absolutely 100% true?

Bear with me here, our ENTIRE belief system as Christians is based on FAITH. Now dont get me wrong, I KNOW God is real because of the proofs He has worked in my life, I have experienced His Love, His unwavering devotion and blatant miracles all for me.

But how can I, or you or anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is 100% real?

You can't. The Just shall live by faith, how much faith you have differs from person to person. But in order for us to know if something or someone is from Our God or not, we must judge based on what we know of God from His Word and also from His Spirit.

Soo when we listen to a man talk of God and His Son and His Spirit, or any other subject we judge the content of His words according to our understanding of God.

If a letter, scroll, word or deed that we witness is in concert or does not contradict what we know of God, even if it is new information, we must at the very least give it credit. Until absolutely proven false. 

But ultimately we take everything Spiritually based on FAITH.

Do you think everything to be known is only found in the bible, that God does not reveal knowledge and wisdom to men today?

Faith and Hope for eternal life is certainly only found in our God through His Son, that is assured, but do not discount the word or deed of things that are only proven through Faith.

Jesus wondered, "when I return will I find any faith at all?"

This worlds structure is only an illusion, for we if we have faith in measure more than a mustard seed, we can do things only thought to be done by Angels.

People find comfort in the reassurance that what they know is all thats important, but everyone is delt a different amount of faith and faith is added by asking God for more. One mans Godly miracles are another mans proof that he is of the devil.

I understand that some are called to care about one thing and not another, but perception and reality are two different things.

Be careful that when you judge, that you judge righteously that you do not miss a work of God.

God bless you all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

This verse simply says that Jesus came to earth. It’s a reference to His incarnation, not to His location after death.

This is totally inaccurate and misleading. Christ came to earth, died, and while His body lay in the tomb, His soul and spirit were in Hades/Sheol, which is indeed in the lower parts of the earth or "the heart of the earth". 

He was there for three days and three nights preaching to the spirits in prison and (presumably) proclaiming His victory over sin, death, Hades, Hell, and Satan.  After that He took all the OT saints out of Hades (Abraham's Bosom) and directly to Heaven.  He "led captivity captive" by doing so, and these are "the spirits of just men made perfect" through the finished work of Christ.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

Do we have to run everything through king james...

No we don't have to, and while the book of Enoch can certainly be read and used, it cannot be considered as Divine  Revelation.  Only the 24 books of the Hebrew Bible were considered Scripture by Christ, and those are now the 39 books of our OT.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Just a Mirror said:

All I am asking is for someone to quote me from the book of Enoch, a lie, falsity, deception or any other thing that is absolutely,  positively unbiblical or blasphemous.

Section 1

1:4  Who will hereafter tread upon Mount Sinai; appear with his hosts; and be manifested in the strength of his power from heaven.

Enoch supposedly is pre flood. The geological features of earth occurred post flood. 

Section 1

3:3 3. They see that every work of God is invariable in the period of its appearance. They behold summer and winter: perceiving that the whole earth is full of water; and that the cloud, the dew, and the rain refresh it.

Rain? Contradicts the bible.

Genesis 2:5 and every shrub of the field was not yet on the earth, and every plant of the field had not yet sprung up. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was no man to till the ground.
6 But there went up from the earth a mist and watered all the face of the ground.

13:8. Proceeding on, I continued over the waters of Danbadan, which is on the right to the west of Armon, reading the memorial of their prayer, until I fell asleep. 

That land did not exist in the time of enoch. 

There are a bunch of things that contradict. I dont feel like typing them all out. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

14 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

Pretty Much....

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

What is string theory? Is string theory connected with belief in God?

In physics, a beautiful theory is one that is mathematically simple and explains as much as possible in an apparently accurate way. Einstein developed the theory of relativity to describe gravity, time, mass, and light. Quantum theory arrived shortly after, attempting to explain how electricity and magnetism are related to the weak nuclear force (radiation) and the strong nuclear force (which bind protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus). Since Einstein's time, physicists have attempted to reconcile the two theories. The theory of relativity only works on "large" objects like stars, planets, people, and grains of sand. Quantum theory only works on the subatomic level. Relying on two theories to describe the cosmos is neither simple nor elegant. For that, physicists need a "Theory of Everything."

String theory is one candidate for this all-encompassing explanation. It posits that at the most fundamental level, all subatomic patterns are made of tiny bits of vibrating string. How these strings vibrate determine what their visible physical attributes will be. According to the latest derivative, M-Theory, the strings "live" in a world made of eleven dimensions. We interact with four of these dimensions—time, and the three spatial dimensions. The other seven are compacted so small that we cannot see them.

Some have used this idea of a cosmos made of eleven dimensions to explain how God exists outside of human existence. He is timeless, we can't see Him, and He interacts with our world in ways that do not make sense to our limited four-dimensional thinking. The classic illustration is that of two-dimensional characters who live on a sheet of paper and can only see their world on that paper. Everything, no matter its two dimensional shape, appears as a line segment. If a three-dimensional box were to interact with the two-dimensional world by bouncing across it, the inhabitants would occasionally see a point (as the box landed on a corner) or a line (if the box landed on a side or an edge). The inhabitants would be able to float around the shape to get an idea of its two-dimensional form, but they would never understand the concept that the shape actually lifted up off the paper into the dimension of depth. This view of God is similar. We will never understand His depth or how He moves in the world because we do not have access to all the dimensions He lives in.

Does God live in eleven dimensions? The Bible doesn't say. But if the cosmos is made of eleven dimensions and God made the cosmos, there's no reason to think He'd be confined to eleven dimensions any more than He'd be confined to four. It's possible that He made eleven dimensions so that He could work directly in our world, or even so that the fine nuances of our cosmology would operate correctly. But possible doesn't mean true.

Another issue with string theory is that, so far, it is a mathematical exercise, not necessarily science. A theory is generally considered scientific if it can be tested, observed (like the stars), and/or predict new scientific discoveries. String theory deals with particles on such a microscopic level that it's doubtful the components will ever be observed. And since we are confined to our four dimensions, gaining access to other dimensions would only occur through God's divine will.

God's relation to string theory is simply the fact that if string theory is true, God created it. Eleven dimensions cannot confine God, nor can eleven million dimensions. Tiny vibrating strings cannot define God and neither can the tiny vibrating machinations of the human mind define and confine Him. He can be known only as He is revealed to the heart by the Holy Spirit, and any attempt to bring Him down to the level of finite comprehension loses sight of His solitary excellence and transcendence.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts"
(Isaiah 55:8-9).
http://www.compellingtruth.org/string-theory.html

Honestly I know very little about string theory, and what Ive heard about quantum physics and einsteins crazy math is limited, Ill file things away in my head but everything I hear, EVERYTHING, is ran through the "Gods Word" filter.

Now if I hear some scientific blabedy bloo, run it through my Gods Word filter and it comes out as a possibility, then it goes into my next mind file, "possibly scientific proofs of biblical things". But I do listen to alot of things, I like TED talks and I read everything I can that might flip a switch to how the bible and other writings describe Gods processes.

I never just make stuff up, it has to be real, and biblical. Now theories are just theories but as long as they make some sort of scientific and biblical sense they can be a possibility, not absolute truth. I enjoy talking about all aspects of creation and faith, prophecy and everything, I can only properly judge if something might be true if I study it myself, as it should be for everyone.

Love this place.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

Beloved, To Continue....

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

Does String Theory Confirm the Bible?

By Allen Epling

While much is being said about Creationism Vs Evolution, and the debate goes on concerning who is right and what should be taught in our schools, a quiet revolution has been taking place in an area of science that is seldom discussed in public. Yet the theories being advanced from leading scientists about this subject suggest that many of the "miracles" and supernatural events of the Bible may actually be scientifically acceptable at some point in the future. The field of science I'm talking about is Quantum Physics and specifically  String Theory.

This new paradigm in science began with Max Planck in 1900, and was furthered by Albert Einstein, and  has long been on the fringe of science, but was little discussed by the general scientific community at large because of the bazaar predictions and almost unbelievable experimental results it generated concerning the ultimate structure of the universe. The results of these experiments were never in doubt. It is real enough that several Nobel Prizes have been awarded in this field, and its advocates include Stephen Hawking, Roger Penrose, and other "giants" of science.
Yet it seems somewhat hypocritical for scientists to characterize Christian beliefs in the miracles of Jesus, as "supernatural", when very reliable experiments in this area suggest that reality is far more unreal and unpredictable.

What was in doubt, and highly controversial, was what it suggested. It suggested that our knowledge and understanding of the universe is not the quiet, static laws as given by Sir Isaac Newton, and even Einstein, but a chaotic realm controlled by probability and seemingly infinite complexity.

We hear the buzz words like String Theory, Quantum Gravity, Inflation, but few in the general public actually care to understand what they are about. Basically, the fundamental idea of Quantum Mechanics is that, in the sub-micro world that lies underneath all of the "real world" that we see, smaller even than the subatomic particles that make up matter, lies another realm in which, literally, any event imaginable has a measurable possibility of happening, and to some degree, DOES happen. A postulate of this is the idea that it also says that there is no certainty in any event.

Strange things do happen with "ghost-like particles that move in ways that defy logic, matter being created in a vacuum, and even particles that move backward in time. Its all very real, to the point that TV and nuclear weapons would not be possible if not for actions of some of those mysterious particles.

String Theory is the latest attempt in this field to try to describe the event that physicists call "The Big Bang". The implications of this theory border on supporting and giving insight into some of the mysteries in the Bible.

What is String Theory? It says that at the basic structure of matter and space, all matter is ultimately composed of "string-like" structures that vibrate at different frequencies and energy levels. That much is not too complicated. It is the other outcomes predicted by the theory that physicists don't discuss a great deal in public, for fear it would lend credence to the religious concepts of  people of faith.

String Theory also predicts that there exists multiple external universes to our own that sometimes bounce into each other and collide. The November, 2008 issue of Scientific American magazine devotes an article to "Colliding Universes" which have different dimensions and structures to our own. There is the suggestion that perhaps just such a collision was the cause of the event that we call "The Big Bang".

Most religions today have some concept of alternate "worlds" we go to after we die. In most cases, they describe a place that is totally separate from the world as we know it, and suggest a place with different physical properties and laws.

That is an idea that has been around in all of recorded history, in all civilizations. Could there be a common thread between the "alternate universes" of physics and the places described in the Bible. If that is true then we can expect to see in the future more experiments and theories from the scientific community, which support that idea.

For those who don't believe in Hell, there is a very real possibility that future discoveries in science will confirm such a place can exist, possibly as one of those external universes to our own.

The Bible makes reference to a "bottomless pit". There could not be a better description of certain objects in space which have been proven to exist,  that we call "Black Holes". They have gravity so great that they trap matter and even light, inside, forever, in a concentrated geometric point in which the density is infinite and the temperature is infinitely high. These may be the doorways, or "Wormholes" to these external universes. There is also a luminous belt, called an "accretion disk", that surrounds these dark objects. It is flat and gives off radiation, much like a "lake of fire".

If all of this sounds too bazaar and too far out to be true, remember that at present, String Theory is just that, an unproven theory. However, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) is spending billions this year to launch the Large Hadron Collider, the world's most powerful particle accelerator, for the specific purpose of finding out if String Theory is correct about extra dimensions and external universes.

In the popular movie "Contact" a priest is asked what he believed. In defense of his friend, a non-believing scientist, he commented," As a person of faith I am bound by a different covenant, but we are both searching for the same thing, The Truth."

In view of "alternate realities", and theories about "uncertainty", it seems that the only thing we can be sure of is "The Truth". Isn't that what Jesus said to reassure us? "I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life...."There is no doubt that science and religion are still far apart in some areas, but eventually the "truth" will bring us all together. http://blogs.christianpost.com/creationvsevolution/does-string-theory-confirm-the-bible-798/

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

26 minutes ago, Just a Mirror said:

.........okay, could you tell me how you know the bible is absolutely 100% true?

Bear with me here, our ENTIRE belief system as Christians is based on FAITH. Now dont get me wrong, I KNOW God is real because of the proofs He has worked in my life, I have experienced His Love, His unwavering devotion and blatant miracles all for me.

But how can I, or you or anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is 100% real?

You can't. The Just shall live by faith, how much faith you have differs from person to person. But in order for us to know if something or someone is from Our God or not, we must judge based on what we know of God from His Word and also from His Spirit.

Soo when we listen to a man talk of God and His Son and His Spirit, or any other subject we judge the content of His words according to our understanding of God.

If a letter, scroll, word or deed that we witness is in concert or does not contradict what we know of God, even if it is new information, we must at the very least give it credit. Until absolutely proven false. 

But ultimately we take everything Spiritually based on FAITH.

Do you think everything to be known is only found in the bible, that God does not reveal knowledge and wisdom to men today?

Faith and Hope for eternal life is certainly only found in our God through His Son, that is assured, but do not discount the word or deed of things that are only proven through Faith.

Jesus wondered, "when I return will I find any faith at all?"

This worlds structure is only an illusion, for we if we have faith in measure more than a mustard seed, we can do things only thought to be done by Angels.

People find comfort in the reassurance that what they know is all thats important, but everyone is delt a different amount of faith and faith is added by asking God for more. One mans Godly miracles are another mans proof that he is of the devil.

I understand that some are called to care about one thing and not another, but perception and reality are two different things.

Be careful that when you judge, that you judge righteously that you do not miss a work of God.

God bless you all.

What is your point?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

1 minute ago, Just a Mirror said:

Honestly I know very little about string theory, and what Ive heard about quantum physics and Einsteins crazy math is limited, I'll file things away in my head but everything I hear, EVERYTHING, is ran through the "Gods Word" filter.

Now if I hear some scientific blabedy bloo, run it through my Gods Word filter and it comes out as a possibility, then it goes into my next mind file, "possibly scientific proofs of biblical things". But I do listen to alot of things, I like TED talks and I read everything I can that might flip a switch to how the bible and other writings describe Gods processes.

I never just make stuff up, it has to be real, and biblical. Now theories are just theories but as long as they make some sort of scientific and biblical sense they can be a possibility, not absolute truth. I enjoy talking about all aspects of creation and faith, prophecy and everything, I can only properly judge if something might be true if I study it myself, as it should be for everyone.

Love this place.

:thumbsup:

Science

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

And Scientism

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

And The Living God Of Israel

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. Revelation 20:11

......................... Now, Just How Great Is That

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.
Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

49 minutes ago, Ezra said:

This is totally inaccurate and misleading. Christ came to earth, died, and while His body lay in the tomb, His soul and spirit were in Hades/Sheol, which is indeed in the lower parts of the earth or "the heart of the earth". 

He was there for three days and three nights preaching to the spirits in prison and (presumably) proclaiming His victory over sin, death, Hades, Hell, and Satan.  After that He took all the OT saints out of Hades (Abraham's Bosom) and directly to Heaven.  He "led captivity captive" by doing so, and these are "the spirits of just men made perfect" through the finished work of Christ.

That is true but it sure does not tell us where hades,hell or heaven is. That is what we are discussing.