• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1973

Don't your prayers work, are they not effective for those you need to intercede for

And

If they are, why do the sick continue to be sick regardless of their cries to God.

Because Satan is the god of this world; until sin is removed from mankind, sickness and death will continue to spoil GOD's creation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

We pray because it brings us closer to God. Why do we talk to our friends? Because we enjoy their company and want to get closer to them.

As for the sickness question, I believe that God has a plan for each and every one of us on this planet. They may pray for their illness to go away, and it might not. A child with no money may pray to God for a toy, but that doesn't mean he will get one. God hears each and every one of our prayers, but that doesn't mean He will answer all of them. God sometimes puts things in our life to challenge us and to test our faith.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 7/30/2016 at 9:06 PM, fantasymay said:

Don't your prayers work, are they not effective for those you need to intercede for

And

If they are, why do the sick continue to be sick regardless of their cries to God.

God tells believers in the Bible to pray without ceasing.  We are to stay in communication with God, we then leave the results up to Him.

The Bible also says that the prayer of the righteous avails much.  

My best friend fought her way through stage 4 cancer.  She didn't so much ask God for a healing as she did to thank Him for her healing, and she continues to thank Him everyday.

There is no better place to be then at the feet of Jesus praising Him for His blessings that He gives us each day of our lives, that includes not only our health but everything else.  

Blessings, RustyAngeL 

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/30/2016 at 7:06 PM, fantasymay said:

And

God hears all of our prayers. They may not be the answer that we want. God answers with a yes, no or to wait because He has something better planned for us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/01/1985

There was a pastor who was approached by a woman from his church, and this woman asked him to go and pray for her sister. She said her sister was very sick with a virus in the membrane of her brain but didnt say any more than that. She knew he was a stubborn man.

The pastor went to the hospital at the womans request, and found out that it was much worse than the woman had let on. The woman's sister had been in a coma for a year I think, it was a long time I don't remember exactly, and the brain infectrion was not simply a virus in the membrane of her brain, it was literally infused with and covering her brain. The doctors said it was completely hopeless.

God told the pastor to pray.

He prayed for her.

Nothing happened.

God told the pastor to pray.

He prayed.

Nothing happened.

This continued for 6 months, an hour a day 5 days a week the pastor stood at her bedside and prayed weekly, and nothing changed.

He began to lose hope and faith, asking if God had really asked him to go and pray for this woman, after all it had been 6 months now, daily, and had even invade his home life where he was led to pray the same prayers having him lose sleep, skip meals with his family too busy praying, etc.

Still no signs of change at all,

This continued for a year and a half, the pastor was stubborn, God had asked him to pray.

The woman's sister, the one who had asked him in the church to visit her sister, called him one night. She said he had better come quick cause the doctors had just called her and somehow her condition had worsened and she was not going to make it, and they were moving her and she was dying.

The pastor was furious.

He went to the hospital, even after being ridiculed all these years and now this woman was pretty much pronounced all but dead, and the doctors and nurses had berated him and called him a fool this whole time.

He stood there with this woman and in his heart he was angry, stubborn, and prayed again, proclaiming that his God would not give up and they were NOT going to be defeated, and he prayed. The woman was being wheeled out to her new room, he was walking beside her not giving up as they tried ignored him, and the woman woke up and the first thing she said was praise Jesus.

It took a year and half of praying, stubbornness, hopelessness, unanswered prayer, unreasonable faith, broken faith and continued obedience, sleeplessness, and missed meals and one stubborn pastor. She woke up a year and half after the first day he prayed.

So just because it doesn't LOOK like your prayers are answered, you don't know always.

Other times, the answer is simply no but since you don't know the mind of God, sometimes, the mind of God is more to develop something in you than to heal someone else, that pastor learned a LOT about standing on his faith through that.

Guest Robert

God is not a "celestial vending machine", simply here to give out when requested. He is a king, and one who knows far better than we do what we are asking will result in. I have permanent injuries that God has not healed. Does this mean I think my prayers are worthless or do not work?

No.

God doesn't owe me a thing, and is not required to do anything for me. My faith in Him is not based on what He gives me, but who and what He is: the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and the only One deserving of all honor, glory and praise. He deserves to be praised, honored, treasures, and above all: trusted and believed in. If He never does anything else for me again in this life, He is still God and whatever my prayers are, I still pray them to Him and trust Him even when the answer is "no".

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Don't your prayers work, are they not effective for those you need to intercede for....

And....

If they are, why do the sick continue to be sick regardless of their cries to God....

:emot-heartbeat:

The

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. James 4:3

Key Is Jesus

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, Even

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Luke 11:9

Your Grandmother's Prayers

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Will Be Answered

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3

~

Be Blessed

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings fantasymay....

The word "prayer" seems to be a great stumbling block for many,the Christian as well......there are many types of prayers & supplications and s0 many people are confused when it comes time to "pray".......it simply means to talk to God,we(as Christians) have access to our Father through Jesus so we can talk directly to Him I& do not need mediators or intercessors(Jesus is our Great Mediator Who does makes Intercession for us)

King James Bible
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us                                                          Romans 8:34

King James Bible
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 7:25

We have a Relationship with our Lord,He is our Living Redeemer.....just as you & I are talking to one another so do we talk with God either through His Word in thought,in Words,corporately or one on one......we make our requests known to Him(these are called prayers),we do not put or order or demands in,we request what we think we need or desire,that does not mean that we know what is best,He does & we Trust Him

I have never had an unanswered prayer,it may not have been the answer & expected or hoped for but it always results in my best interest (or whomever) & brings Him Glory.......the "prayer" is the communication between us & God Almighty......of course our prayers are effective,God is listening & He answers

Why do the "sick" continue to be sick?Perhaps they are more effective/productive to Gods Kingdom that Way?I don't have all the answers but I do have my own experiences & have witnessed many times the fervent prayer of the righteous be granted.......God does not need to prove Himself or do somersaults at man's request for me to be a Believer,He is Sovereign God Almighty & I am well in His Care.....I had Stage IV TERMINAL incurable cancer,diagnosed,documented with scans & blood tests to prove it & I was Miraculously Healed. Did I pray for Healing?Well? Not really,I knew I was Healed the very moment I was diagnosed,God gave me His Blessed Assurance that I would be His Living Testimony.....so I shouted "Thank you,Glory to you Father...in Jesus Mighty Name!" Everyday until the Healing manifested......I still shout "HALLELULUYAH,Thank you God" everyday,5 yrs later

If I gave you a list of the post radiation/chemo damage diagnoses's that the Doctors give me you would say"How do you live like that,why doesn't God Heal you completely"   My friend,He did,I am.....my spirit is Well,I have so much Joy,Peace,Comfort,Prosperity & wonderful Abundant Life that my physical state is of little consequence....when others moan,grumble ,complain & whine that they are depressed I can tell them that they don't have to be,they can have what I have ,FREEDOM in Christ.......so perhaps this thorn is left in my side for a Reason,because He Who is in me is GREATER than he who is in the world & His Grace is Sufficient......

I hope this help you to understand that when you have Jesus nothing else matters,we can do ALL things in Christ Who Strengthens us.....Most days I wake up in unbearable pain but the moment I open my eyes I praise God and just lean on Him,He carries me when I cannot walk & together we have a BEAUTIFUL Glorious Day,everyday........& as soon as the 100% Restoration manifests,I'll let you all know because I AM HEALED by His Stripes!!!!!I wait with Great Expectation

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Prayers are just like children petitioning  their parents for stuff~~~~ some times the answer is yes, sometimes no, sometimes wait till later----- just cause you ask for something does not mean its gonna happen-- parents make the final decision-- so does God