• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I cannot depart from a country I have never been to can I ? So, 1 Timothy 4 : 1, says that in the latter days SOME SHALL DEPART FROM THE FAITH,  giving heed to seducing spirits, and DOCTRINS OF DEVILS;

Who are those Paul is speaking of who shall depart from the faith?

Why those who are in the faith. One must be in the faith for to be able to depart from it, that's what Paul is warning Timothy.

You HAVE departed from the faith...you no longer believe you are saved, you believe you are on probation, the doctrine which says we can lose our salvation is a doctrine of devils and YOU have given heed to it.

The devil used to say "You will not die" now he says "you will not live" same devil different lie.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and He will put you on probation" this is your new gospel message

Edited by TehMill

14 hours ago, BlueMinou said:

According to Once Saved, Always Saved, an evangelical protestant like me who converts to Roman Catholicism is still saved because, as Behold said, " Salvation does not depend on your behavior,   It only depends on you being forgiven." 

So, someone can convert to Islam to avoid islamic persecution; Or someone could give in to the world in their professions and work in an abortion clinic, or someone could fornicate because they just give in to temptation for having blue balls all the time, and someone could steal in order to save money, or someone could become a homosexual and marry. The Anglican Church in USA and Canada bless homosexuals and have gay-ordained clergy. According to Once Saved, Always saved, at one point in your life, you could give in to your anger and murder someone by taking the law into your own hands (say, for example. getting revenge on your enemy for doing something unjust to you or your loved ones). You could go to a hindu temple and worship a hindu deity, because OSAS. End of story according to this logic. Someone can't lose their salvation. Living a life displeasing to the Lord won't matter because the blood of Jesus covers you---you have imputed righteousness. It's imputed. You're sealed. 

According to Baptism not playing a role with salvation and only being a symbolic act, you should be able to take communion in all the protestant churches without having actually been baptized. And you can ignore Paul's warning to not treat the Lord's Supper with respect expecting no judgement to come upon you if you disrespect it, because according to people in here, The Lord already forgave you of all your future sins. You're already justified. And being already justified, you could do all these things I've said. Who are you, fellow christian, to judge a christian who does it. They're already saved and me the requirements. 

So who are you to judge me if I become a Roman Catholic. I'm already saved, and once saved, always saved. There is nothing I can do to snatch me out of the enemy's hand and separate me from the Love of God. 

Because we believe that these things will not lose you salvation does not mean they will not have very serious consequences...don't act against the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

12 hours ago, TehMill said:

You HAVE departed from the faith...you no longer believe you are saved, you believe you are on probation, the doctrine which says we can lose our salvation is a doctrine of devils and YOU have given heed to it.

The devil used to say "You will not die" now he says "you will not live" same devil different lie.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and He will put you on probation" this is your new gospel message

I have not departed from the faith. I have provided Scriptures where Paul warns believers not to depart from the faith, nothing more.

The very first lie recorded in the Bible was the devil, speaking through the serpent when he was talking to Eve. "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:" Genesis 3:4. The devil has been deceiving people ever since with this lie. "Once saved always saved", is another lie from Satan and people have been believing it for years and will be sadly surprised in the judgment.

If we continue in sin, after we have asked Jesus to be our personal Savior, are we really in a saved relationship, are we converted? "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." Hebrews 10:26.

Most people who believe the teaching once saved always saved will quote the following Bible verse as proof: "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38, 39.

Now this is a wonderful Bible promise that God has given us and it should inspire us all. But does it say once a person is born again, it is impossible for him to lose his way and be lost? In fact, is this verse talking about salvation or eternal life at all?

No, this verse is clearly talking about God's unconditional love towards man, not unconditional salvation. Salvation is conditional! You might also notice that the word "sin" was not included in the list of things which are unable to separate us from the love of God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1961

So basically ya'll are saying that once you're a Christian, you're perfect...you cease being human and making human mistakes. You cannot and will not ever do anything to disappoint God. I really do wish I was that perfect. But I'm not. Every day I make bad decisions, some times unknowlingly and sometimes I know it's wrong but in my humanness I still make the wrong decision. I guess all I can do is ask for prayers.

2 hours ago, southrnbygrace said:

So basically ya'll are saying that once you're a Christian, you're perfect...you cease being human and making human mistakes. You cannot and will not ever do anything to disappoint God. I really do wish I was that perfect. But I'm not. Every day I make bad decisions, some times unknowlingly and sometimes I know it's wrong but in my humanness I still make the wrong decision. I guess all I can do is ask for prayers.

Not so, do like I do, every time I make mistakes or make bad dicisions I ask God in Jesus Name to forgive me and He will you to.

Were talking about saved people who  wilfully return to sin, they are no longer save, thus negating "Once saved all ways saved.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Sorry hazard but using a huge font does not make you right. The lie of satan you are falling for is a deception so great that many Christians succumb to it as well. That lie says you are what you think you are and not who God says you are. If we continue to see our true nature as sinners after we are saved we are missing the whole point. Once saved we are a new creation raised up with Christ. The old sinful thing we used to be is no longer who we truly are. I have posted the verses but I know that none are so blind as they who will not see. Instead of living a life of sin,repent,repeat try walking in the light of the truth and having faith that even though we don't see it we are in fact who God says we are. I know it is a very difficult concept but once you start walking in that light you will never, ever be able to return to the darkness. Yes, mistakes will be made and yes they have consequences but losing salvation is not one of them.  Maybe I am the only one to enjoy such an amazing change after salvation (i'm not) that I can believe I am who God says I am even though some days I surely do not "feel" righteous,holy and redeemed. We are saints and our citizenship is in Heaven. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 8/16/2016 at 4:29 PM, shiloh357 said:

You can be a Roman Catholic or a Christian you cannot be both.  Roman Catholicism is outside true, biblical Christianity.  It has no part in Christ. It is a tool of Satan and has led many, many people to Hell. It is anathema. 

The blood of Jesus is what perfects us, per Heb. 10.   It is the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross that purifies us and makes us holy.  Baptism cannot do what the blood of Jesus has already done.

I agree that baptism is not needed for salvation (the thief on the cross is one example). But to say no catholics are saved is simply wrong. God did the hard part, all we need do is confess (once) repent (once) and believe on Jesus and what He did at the cross and we will be saved. God can use the rcc or any other means He sees fit to save people, your agreement is not needed. I know many catholics who are saved, I even know a couple baptists and at least one lutheran who are saved. (ok the last two were humor). But I do know many saved and many deceived catholics the same as I know many saved and  many deceived born again Christians.  In fact I see people claiming Christianity in these very threads who still think works are needed to gain or maintain salvation. Though they be misguided does that mean they are not saved? A point to ponder.

11 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I have not departed from the faith. I have provided Scriptures where Paul warns believers not to depart from the faith, nothing more.

He is warning YOU, you have departed from the faith. the faith is eternal life if we believe on Jesus Christ, you have exchanged this for "mebbe"

The faith is by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourself, you have departed from this and now believe it is on condition only.

The devil's plan is to get you from trusting only in Jesus to trusting in your own holiness, to get your eyes of Him to look to yourself.

His plan has worked

There ARE saved ones among Catholics, they are saved DESPITE their church, not because of it. It is very serious for somebody who should know better to turn to Catholicism. They will bitterly regret it, I have met with such.

"little children FLEE idolatry"