• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, woundeddog said:

If you get Baptized by a Roman Catholic Priest, you are Roman Catholic---- now think about this~~ who Baptized Jesus?

John, the Baptist-----so what does that make Jesus????

I recommend that you'll need to read up on what Catholics actually teach with regards to this. God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

10 hours ago, BlueMinou said:

I recommend that you'll need to read up on what Catholics actually teach with regards to this. God bless.

I believe I have heard better advice... why put in your head in that which is shown to be wrong by it's
very own belief system where man is relied upon as much as God :noidea:  Jesus succinctly stated

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

Your catholic heretical papacy stops way short from ever getting here and perverts the way for multitudes...
Love, Steven

15 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I believe I have heard better advice... why put in your head in that which is shown to be wrong by it's
very own belief system where man is relied upon as much as God :noidea:  Jesus succinctly stated

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

Your catholic heretical papacy stops way short from ever getting here and perverts the way for multitudes...
Love, Steven

I'm not a catholic, nor ever was, nor do I regularly attend mass. I don't attend mass.

If you're going to persuade catholics (and those protestants such as myself who are investigating catholicism) that catholicism is in error, isn't it wise to be as knowledgeable about it as one can? For example, I read a lot about how people on here feel and perceive catholic beliefs, but upon investigating, no one seems to know very well why catholics believe the things they do, or where they get their teachings from in the bible, and so on. People often say in protestant circles how can priests and bishops forgive sins when only Jesus can do that but in the bible, Jesus did give authority to his apostles to forgive sins. That is just one example. 

Isn't it interesting that The Eastern Orthodox Church is also catholic? Did you know that? The Eastern Orthodox Church can also trace their lineage back to the apostles because of their line of succession of bishops throughout history.

Edited by BlueMinou

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 02 August 2016 at 9:10 AM, BlueMinou said:

One can still become an apostate and choose to rebel against Jesus as their Lord and walk away from the faith. They could fall into temptation and decide they'd rather party and fornicate rather than live a life of celebacy before marriage, get killed, then they'd die in a state of sin---or even fall prey to evolutionary beliefs when attending University and decide the christian way is a falsehood to them and therefore not true, because they can't reconcile the theory of evolution with the story of Adam and Eve, and so decide to become an athiest; But according to OSAS, such a person would be eternally secure regardless.

It's all this stuff that is no where found in scripture

Eternal life is forever not just till Christmas, if you have it rejoice, if you don't then you are still seeking

On 02 August 2016 at 6:56 AM, BlueMinou said:

Jesus said "If any one takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book".

Jesus also said "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

And elsewhere, Jesus says, "whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."

Again, Paul says , "we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us. If we believe not He remaineth faithful, He cannot deny Himself"

Osas supporters. Thoughts with regards to this?

just to complete what you took away from prophecy

Guest Teditis
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:01 AM, BlueMinou said:

Rom 6:23 is eternal life in Jesus Christ. I agree. But where in the verse does it say you are guaranteed eternal life? It doesn't. I have a response for you though: Where in the New Testament does it say all your future sins are forgiven before you even commit them? 

Hebrews 10:1-18English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ's Sacrifice Once for All

10 For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins? 3 But in these sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Consequently, when Christ[a] came into the world, he said,

“Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
    but a body have you prepared for me;
6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings
    you have taken no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come to do your will, O God,
    as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.’”

8 When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), 9 then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second. 10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them
    after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws on their hearts,
    and write them on their minds,”

17 then he adds,

“I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

(Biblegateway.com)

Edited by Teditis

Hebrews is choc with eternal security scriptures :)

11 hours ago, TehMill said:

just to complete what you took away from prophecy

the quote you mentioned says "if we deny him, he'll deny us."

That is proof right there that the doctrine of "once saved, always saved is incorrect."

The quote "If we believe not He remaineth faithful, He cannot deny Himself" says that he will remain faithful and that he cannot deny himself; This is no different than the parable of the prodigal son or the story of Hosea remaining faithful to his adulterous wife. The quote says that there is a condition for him to deny us---a situation with which we deny Jesus. Nail in the coffin for demonstrating that OSAS is fallacy.

11 hours ago, TehMill said:

Hebrews is choc with eternal security scriptures :)

Hebrews 10:36 says "You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."

And

"But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back. But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved."

Hebrews 10 is very clear that one needs to persevere to the end. Jesus himself said "But one who stands firm to the end will be saved."(Matthew 24:13).

11 hours ago, Teditis said:

Hebrews 10:1-18English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ's Sacrifice Once for All

10 For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins? 3 But in these sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Consequently, when Christ[a] came into the world, he said,

“Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
    but a body have you prepared for me;
6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings
    you have taken no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come to do your will, O God,
    as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.’”

8 When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), 9 then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second. 10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them
    after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws on their hearts,
    and write them on their minds,”

17 then he adds,

“I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

(Biblegateway.com)

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?"

And let's not forget Hebrews 6:

"..Who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace."