• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

24 minutes ago, Davida said:

This post shows your issues.

Hmm....LOL! :PI guess Enoob is my Pastor too because we agree on scripture...and Willa and Sister Act2 and Yowm....and ...Sojourner...and Angels4U and....

I don't know what you are misunderstanding about a simple question Davida....I was only asking if he was your Pastor, because you seemed to be taking his word as your authority and implying that it should be mine.  And you didn't answer the question yet....is Shiloh your Pastor?  I'm just asking, that's all.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes, i agree we certainly must not read whatever we want into things.......but we can learn a lot when we let scripture reveal itself so to speak.  

But that is not what you're doing.   You're relegating history to allegory, which means you are assigning your own values to the text to make it say what YOU want it say.   

And we do need the Holy Spirit to help us rightly divide the scriptures, when it is allegorical or not etc.....

The stuff you are posting is coming from "a" spirit, but not the Holy Spirit.  Allegorical is teaching tool, not a "dividing the Scriptures" tool.    You dont' use allegory to interpret the Bible. 

because we just can't distinguish these things on our own.  The truth is hidden from the wise and learned and only revealed to little children.

But you're suggesting isn't truth and it is not what God reveals to little children.   Your approach is just childish.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

I don't know what you are misunderstanding about a simple question Davida....I was only asking if he was your Pastor, because you seemed to be taking his word as your authority and implying that it should be mine.  And you didn't answer the question yet....is Shiloh your Pastor?  I'm just asking, that's all.

That's just a very unclever attempt to insult Davida.   Grow up or just be quiet and let the adults handle this topic.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Davida said:

For some reason, some people just can't seem to distinguish the difference when the Bible is speaking literally and when it is using imagery. 

They can, but they don't want to because they have an agenda.   This thread has become about making parts of the Bible non-literal or non-historical on the grounds that some people have an evolutionary narrative that won't fit with the actual text of the Bible.  Everyone knows that.    So they have to modify the Bible and reinterpret it to make it fit the evolutionary narrative.   

Those that want to allegorize or spiritualize everything ,  can just read whatever they want in to the scripture which is just plain error.

That's because they are using allegory as a interpretive tool, which demonstrates a fundamental error in understanding what allegory is and how it is used.   The Bible uses allegory, but always tells you when it is using it.   And allegory is always used to teach moral, or theological lesson, never to interpret Scripture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It was the only tree of its kind and the fruit of that tree was unique to that single tree. And it no longer exists today.

Where's your proof it no longer exist or is this a personal belief?

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That's just a very unclever attempt to insult Davida.   Grow up or just be quiet and let the adults handle this topic.

This should be reported, belittling people, 

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Where's your proof it no longer exist or is this a personal belief?

If you think it still exists, prove it.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Grow up or just be quiet and let the adults handle this topic.

Comments like this make the solid points you make on the forum difficult to receive. It really hurts your witness. I wish you could see that.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

But it's ok for me to be insulted under the radar??

Report any posts that insult you davida. 

14 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

If you think it still exists, prove it.  

Your the one who said it doesn't exist, the ball is in your court not mine.