Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Greetings all. What place does good works have in a believers life ? And do we merit salvation by it ? I believe the bible teaches our good works does justified us when we are judge by Jesus at his judgment. Hear me now. I know Paul said we are saved by Grace through faith. But that is not all there is to salvation . The works that God calls us to do is by his Grace. Without Jesus in us we can do nothing good. He calls us to a holy life filled with good works that sings the praises of him. Jesus told them when did you visit me when I was sick. At the judgement he looks at our works to see if they were wrought in Christ. Without works no one is saved. But it's all by his Grace through faith. Even the good works are done through faith. It was by faith they fought army's and defeated them read Hebrews 11. We do works because we love him and we love him because he first loved us.And so we will be justified on the last day.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Works are not the cause of our faith. Works are the result of our faith. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Greetings all. What place does good works have in a believers life ? And do we merit salvation by it ? I believe the bible teaches our good works does justified us when we are judge by Jesus at his judgment. Hear me now. I know Paul said we are saved by Grace through faith. But that is not all there is to salvation . The works that God calls us to do is by his Grace. Without Jesus in us we can do nothing good. He calls us to a holy life filled with good works that sings the praises of him. Jesus told them when did you visit me when I was sick. At the judgement he looks at our works to see if they were wrought in Christ. Without works no one is saved. But it's all by his Grace through faith. Even the good works are done through faith. It was by faith they fought army's and defeated them read Hebrews 11. We do works because we love him and we love him because he first loved us.And so we will be justified on the last day.

Its the Blood of Jesus being applied to each believer that saves them.

You have nothing to do with what He did on a Cross that God uses to Save you.

Once you understand and accept this, then you'll stop trying to save yourself by your works, and you'll begin to Trust in the One who SAVED you.

Consider that Jesus is described Truthfully  as the "Savior" and not your works added to what He fully and eternally accomplished on the Cross.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Greetings all. What place does good works have in a believers life ? And do we merit salvation by it ?

This passage should make it crystal clear (Ephesians 2:8-10)

SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

WORKS EXCLUDED FOR SALVATION

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

WORKS REQUIRED FOR SANCTIFICATION

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

We are not saved because we do good works, we do good works because we are saved.

Read Romans 2:7 and 8 Paul wrote eternal life to those who by patient continues in doing good seek glory and honor and IMMORTALITY. Our works come from our faith. We are redeemed by his blood. We can never do any works to clear our selfs from our sins. Only the cross. But salvation is also being saved from bondage to our sins. You cannot throw out what Paul said in Romans 2 it's there. And Peter wrote make your calling and election sure by doing these things a entrance into the kingdom Of God Will be supplied to you. We are saved by Grace through faith. But faith without works is dead.Works come from a living faith. I think I have this correct. You cannot take a few scriptures and make a truth. You need all of the word.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

The argument has been beaten to death.  All who call on the name of the Lord are saved.  God wills the salvation of all.  All this going back and forth merely makes this a matter of opinion, it is kind of absurd.  We are called to allow God's love into our hearts, his mercy and compassion.  We can do nothing to win it, it is given.  I also believe that Christians mature and grow in their understanding of grace by personal experience in how it works in their lives. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Works alone is dead.

Faith without works is dead because it reveals a heart that has not been transformed by God. When we have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, our lives will demonstrate that new life. Our works will be characterized by obedience to God. Unseen faith will become seen by the production of the fruit of the Spirit in our lives (Galatians 5:22). Christians belong to Christ, the Good Shepherd. As His sheep we hear His voice and follow Him (John 10:26–30).

Faith without works is dead because faith results in a new creation, not a repetition of the same old patterns of sinful behavior. As Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

Faith without works is dead because it comes from a heart that has not been regenerated by God. Empty professions of faith have no power to change lives. Those who pay lip service to faith but who do not possess the Spirit will hear Christ Himself say to them, “I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers” (Matthew 7:23).

http://www.gotquestions.org/faith-without-works-dead.html

I am just saying we need all the scriptures to have full truth. People never quote Romans 2:7 .They always quote eph 2:9 .