• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

-

Heb 11:6 . .Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for anyone who approaches God must believe that He exists

The word "must" indicates an essential requirement.

The word "impossible" indicates something that simply cannot be done; viz: there's no way around it.

Seeing as how Teresa was never really convinced there's a God out there, then nothing she did during the whole fifty years abroad as a missionary pleased God; viz: as a spiritual journey, none of it counted.

Teresa complained of being abandoned by Christ and referred to him as "the absent one". She also complained that "the place of God in my soul is blank-- there is no God in me" and "I am told God loves me; and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."

That right there tells me Teresa was grossly insubordinate.

John 14:23 . . Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

John 14:18 . . I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

7 hours ago, markdohle said:

the “dark night of the soul” Mother Teresa experienced

Matt 27:45-46 . . From the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying: Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is: My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?

Christ's abandonment was very brief: no more than 3 hours; while Teresa was abandoned for virtually five decades; a total of 437,100 hours.

Christ was abandoned because he was made sin on the cross.

Isa 53:6 . . All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and The Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

I can only assume that Teresa was abandoned for so long a time because her sins were never unforgiven; and no surprise there. Here's one of Teresa's prayers, taken verbatim from her private letters.

"If there be God . . please forgive me."

Note her words "if there be God". According to Jas 1:6-8, people who pray as if there may or may not be a God out there should not expect to be heard.

Heb 11:6 . . anyone who approaches God must believe that He exists

The word "must" indicates an essential requirement.

/

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

3 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

You would be surprised what some do with just one verse or just one word.  My friend takes John 3:16 and takes the word parish out of it and tells people that hell is not forever.  That you will only be there for as long depending how much you sinned and how bad those sins were.  My friend Tracy who died without Christ will on be there a short time as opposed to Hitler because he was total evil.  She says God is love and will not put people in hell for eternity.  When asked to read something in scripture that apposed her point of view, her comment?  "Why should I"?  she also said the same thing when i wanted her to read in Colossians about judging people about the Sabbath.  She once again refused.  People cherry pick all the time.  In the case of Martha telling people is hell is only for a short time it is a very dangerous doctrine.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

Those in hell wound not change even if they had the chance.  People in hell hate God and others, they have no love.  I have no idea who is in hell, I do however pray for the salvation of all.   Our freedom is a great gift with deep consequences.  In Christ Jesus we become truly human as he was, forgiven filled with grace.  In hell what is there is no longer human, just rage, hatred and isolation from all.  That is why I pray that no ones ends up there, so as you have pointed out, scriptures says that there are those who choose to not accept Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This passage was brought to my mind:

Mark 9
38 John said to him, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us."
39 But Jesus said, "Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me.
40 For the one who is not against us is for us.
41 For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

We need to stop judging  others who have passed over have gone  and start  looking  at where we are heading.  We can do nothing for the dead.

Amen Lady well said.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

11 hours ago, Teditis said:

I think it's often dangerous and unfair to try to determine someone else's final state of Salvation

and their relationship with God. Especially if we don't personally know that person very, very well.

In my mind it's a lot like gossiping and rumor-mongering...

Amen . . . 

God is the only one to determine anyone's eternal destination, and I will leave that in His capable hands. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Only God knows the heart.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

13 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Only God knows the heart.

I agree, and its not a shallow comment at all despite what someone said.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

8 minutes ago, Davida said:

Very shallow comment and meaningless.

Please explain your reply.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Yes it is .  You think you are being biblical and self righteous with saying it but it is not , it is pretending that you don't know better. It is  "let's pretend we have not have a clue what the bible says , that we don't know by GOD's word when people receive the true Gospel.  It is lets just pretend we have no clue how people are saved. Let's have pretend we have no clue what JESUS said, because we just don't have a clue.... but GOD has already given us HIS Word and He has told us.  I can read what Mother Teresa has said and she expressed her beliefs that are counter to the GOSPEL . She reveals her heart by what she has said about Jesus. It is a false Gospel she was taught .  If you can't tell that how will you tell if there are False prophets? or someone spreading false gospel?  --in your determining only GOD can tell  and you can't because - gee -- only GOD knows people's hearts--so good luck with that.   But stop misleading people.  

You never met her. You have no idea what her final thoughts were. You cant say for certain if she is saved or not. The bible tells us we cannot judge their hearts like that.