• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

6 minutes ago, Beebert said:

http://jesusalive.cc/ques50.htm

... Can anyone please help me with this view of apostasy just... Because it says an apostate is someone who has heard the gospel, and heard that Jesus is the way to salvation. They have acknowledged this, and maybe even prayed to receive Christ (taken a bite out of the apple). However, they have never actually trusted in Jesus, repented of their sins, and surrendered their lives to Jesus (swallowed the apple they took a bite from). That is literally exactly the way  I experience my situation you know

Heb 6:4-6 clearly indicates a true believer who becomes apostate, as does Heb 10:36-39, 1 Tim 4:1 and 2 Tim 2:18.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Yes and I identify myself with these because I was ENLIGHTENED and about to repent and all... Hur fell away and... I don't know what to do. I spend hours reading the bible but it is like I am lost. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

hello beebert,i read most of your post but ive had a headach for 5 weeks now so i didnt make it to the end...im not a Bible master or anything..But if you did the worst sin,then ive done that plus 100,000 times.If God lets me come back then surely he will let you...i was saved and still went and sold hard drugs for years after...but it did catch up with me eventally in Spirit.i was all shuck up...and was in my bible like a nun trying to get peace back...it  came back in do time and one verse comes to mind when reading your Post i will find it and post at the end of this.I think God has his ways of Drawing us back closer and on higher Ground.

Jer_32:40  And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me. 

1 hour ago, Beebert said:

Yes and I identify myself with these because I was ENLIGHTENED and about to repent and all... Hur fell away and... I don't know what to do. I spend hours reading the bible but it is like I am lost. 

... Can anyone please help me with this view of apostasy just... Because it says an apostate is someone who has heard the gospel, and heard that Jesus is the way to salvation. They have acknowledged this, and maybe even prayed to receive Christ (taken a bite out of the apple). However, they have never actually trusted in Jesus, repented of their sins, and surrendered their lives to Jesus (swallowed the apple they took a bite from). That is literally exactly the way  I experience my situation you know

im confused...Did you Pray to let Jesus in your Heart yet?I know many people have diffrent ways they Prayed ...mine was actually standing up with my eyes open(i think) i just said ok you got me.But what was different about this time is that i meant it and i Know the Lord knew i was letting him in my heart.and believing on him...about 10 minutes later im sure the Holy Spirit was all over me and i was feeling great even though i was in a cell with 2 other inmates up for a life sentence. But if you have already done this...then nevermind,was just checking

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 
Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

20 hours ago, StanJ said:

There is a reason this is called a discussion forum....
This is not really telling me anything....

:emot-heartbeat:

Welcome To Worthy Dear Stan

~

Beloved, Worthy Is A 24/7/365 Beacon Of Light
Shining Out To All On Planet Earth
That There Is A Sure Hope
And That His Name
Is Jesus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

So, To The 200 Or So Surfers That Read

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Our Posts On Worthy Boards

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Any Given Hour

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Romans 6:23

Welcome

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Can anyone please help me with this view of apostasy just....
Because it says an apostate is someone who has heard the gospel....

and heard that Jesus is the way to salvation. They have acknowledged this....
and maybe even prayed to receive Christ (taken a bite out of the apple)....
However, they have never actually trusted in Jesus....

repented of their sins....
and surrendered their lives to Jesus....
That is literally exactly the way I experience my situation you know...

~

It's So Simple Even A Fifth Grader Can Get It

It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 2 Timothy 2:11-13

Trust In The LORD Jesus

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:3

And Be Saved

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

~

Can A Smarty Backslider Still Be Saved? Yes~!

Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God. Jeremiah 3:22

Just Turn (Repent)

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him. Hosea 14:4

And You Will Be Saved

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

(Or Not)

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Your Choice

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Love, Your Brother Joe

And one thing Else i wanted to say was i backslided so long and hard i was questioning  if i did get saved when i did(mind was so clouldy)...but when the Spirit came back after seeking,repenting,crying out,and reading the Word with any strengh i still had ,i relized he was still with me.Relief came in bits and pieces at first but did come a lot after a while...and sure enough i went back sliding again(not long ago)...but that first long backslide taught me a good lesson.not really sure how i got off track again...well yes i do ...Lust ...And if you ask me thats one of the hardest ones to conquer..Hopefolly i do much better this time... not really sure if this pertains to your situation but i hope it does help in some way.GB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

14 hours ago, Beebert said:

So, now that you know...why not swallow the bite? It seems like you realize the truth about God and want to follow him...but because you didn't make the decision earlier, you think you can't make it now? God does not reject people who take their time learning his truth and then finally turn themselves over to Him. Do it now; turn yourself over to Him, ask forgiveness, and start living for him. Let me put it this way; everyone here is encouraging you to act on the truth you know and profess, but you seem hesitant to really do so now. What would God think of that? He's calling you, and you hear Him, and you want to answer that call...so answer it! God bless!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

27 minutes ago, BK1110 said:

So, now that you know...why not swallow the bite? It seems like you realize the truth about God and want to follow him...but because you didn't make the decision earlier, you think you can't make it now? God does not reject people who take their time learning his truth and then finally turn themselves over to Him. Do it now; turn yourself over to Him, ask forgiveness, and start living for him. Let me put it this way; everyone here is encouraging you to act on the truth you know and profess, but you seem hesitant to really do so now. What would God think of that? He's calling you, and you hear Him, and you want to answer that call...so answer it! God bless!

Sure... It is just so hard. I wish someone just understood how horrible I feel. It is like Walking around in darkeness being constantly afraid of punishment and regretting your past. It effects my whole life. I can't focus on anything . And what I mean is that I professed Christ 1.5 years ago by taking a bite if the apple but fell away. So I am afraid I apostazised then and everyone says there is kl forgiveness for that. Believe me. I pray. I pray and read plenty. But I get nowhere and I Wake up like 10 times every night with horrible anxiety. Just horrible.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Peace of the Lord. Go back to the Lord and ask for forgiveness and I know Jesus will have mercy. I thank God for your life to tell about your life. Men may judge you to add more to your situation just go back to the Lord and remember er serve a loving God and I know the Lord will show mercy. Remember Jesus love you and is good. God bless and have a wonderful day.