• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

3 hours ago, markdohle said:

God purifying fire is not condemnation but healing and mercy.

So please tell me this.  Do you believe Everyone is going to Heaven and do you believe there is a hell?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

So please tell me this.  Do you believe Everyone is going to Heaven and do you believe there is a hell?

Of course I believe in hell, Jesus taught it, it shows that we choose to respond to grace or not. However I never make any sort of judgment on who is there, I think for my part that would go against what Jesus said about judging.  The love the Jesus has for me, he has for all. Purgatory would be for me, if I still have some areas in my soul that need healing, it is a state where my growth in the Lord is completed in the fire of God's love.  It is not about a second change.  Once we die, our true choices become eternal, we would not change or could we.   Rusty I am not trying to convince you of this, I wanted to perhaps give some understanding about a belief that is shared actually by many, many Christians.  I make sense to me my good friend, and in no way lessens God's grace.

Prayer for the dead is well documented within early Christianity, both among prominent Church Fathers and the Christian community in general. In Eastern Orthodoxy Christians pray for "such souls as have departed with faith, but without having had time to bring forth fruits worthy of repentance".[5] In the Catholic Church the assistance that the dead receive by prayer on their behalf is linked with the process of purification known as purgatory.[6][7] While prayer for the dead continues in both these traditions and in those of Oriental Orthodoxy and of the Assyrian Church of the East, many Protestant groups reject the practice.

The tomb of the Christian Abercius of Hieropolis in Phrygia (latter part of the 2nd century) bears the inscription: Let every friend who observes this pray for me, i.e. Abercius, who throughout speaks in the first person.

The inscriptions in the Roman catacombs bear similar witness to the practice, by the occurrence of such phrases as:

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 minutes ago, markdohle said:

Of course I believe in hell, Jesus taught it, it shows that we choose to respond to grace or not. However I never make any sort of judgment on who is there, I think for my part that would go against what Jesus said about judging.  The love the Jesus has for me, he has for all. Purgatory would be for me, if I still have some areas in my soul that need healing, it is a state where my growth in the Lord is completed in the fire of God's love.  It is not about a second change.  Once we die, our true choices become eternal, we would not change or could we.   Rusty I am not trying to convince you of this, I wanted to perhaps give some understanding about a belief that is shared actually by many, many Christians.  I make sense to me my good friend, and in no way lessens God's grace.

Prayer for the dead is well documented within early Christianity, both among prominent Church Fathers and the Christian community in general. In Eastern Orthodoxy Christians pray for "such souls as have departed with faith, but without having had time to bring forth fruits worthy of repentance".[5] In the Catholic Church the assistance that the dead receive by prayer on their behalf is linked with the process of purification known as purgatory.[6][7] While prayer for the dead continues in both these traditions and in those of Oriental Orthodoxy and of the Assyrian Church of the East, many Protestant groups reject the practice.

The tomb of the Christian Abercius of Hieropolis in Phrygia (latter part of the 2nd century) bears the inscription: Let every friend who observes this pray for me, i.e. Abercius, who throughout speaks in the first person.

The inscriptions in the Roman catacombs bear similar witness to the practice, by the occurrence of such phrases as:

Peace
Mark

What man writes on rocks does not negate the Words of God!

Luke 16:29 (KJV)

[29] Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

[30] And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

[31] And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Basically this is saying Scripture alone is enough in this life to make an eternal decision upon, it alone and need nothing else! From this place where the rich man is to this place

Revelation 20:13 (KJV)

[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

From torment to torment forever according to The Word of God!
Matthew 25:41 (KJV)
[41] Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
[42] For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
[43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
[44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
[45] Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
[46] And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.