• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/15/2016 at 6:31 PM, Olophpray4us said:

I am not trying to be rude, but are there any Catholics in this group? I was very disturbed reading about whether or not St. Teresa is in Heaven, if she was a believer? I am trying to decide if this group is where I belong. I am a devout Catholic and most of that thread was Catholic bashing.

Well,I will be very honest and tell you that many on Worthy have some serious concerns about the Catholic religion. Whether you stay is quite up to you. But be prepared.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, Olophpray4us said:

I know the truth, my Catholicism is the truth. I too pray that you will one day see the truth as well.

Your Catholicism or the Truth... Jesus?  The two are hardly the same. 

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Hi I hope you stay on this board. I am not Catholic but I love Catholics. They are Christians . Maybe I will become Catholic so sometime. There are some members of this board who feel Catholics are outside of Christianity.  We can be lights of God to some. May God bless you.

You do not become Christian because you are a Catholic.  You become a Christian because you take Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.  Jesus died on a cross for your sins and having a walk and relationship with Him is what saves you.  Be very careful going into this... There are a lot of errors in this and saying that you are a Christian because you are a Catholic is just one of them.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Are Catholics christian or not ? I believe they are because they believe christ died for our sins. They believe he rose from he dead and that he was the son of God. Catholics believe christ came in the flesh.  That is great proof they are Christians . They are justified by faith just as we are. You are mistaken when you say they are not Christians.  All who believe in Jesus are saved. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Olophpray4us

I'm sorry you think "we",the Body of Christ ,are not for you......Just to let you know -you will be spending eternity with us.....so,until we meet again & Gods Peace,Joy & Love be with you.......from what you have professed I do believe you are simply a "whosoever",just as I am!!!!

King James Bible
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.                                  John 3:15

Some folks do have much to say even when not asked,I apologize....this Thread was about mother Teresa & you asked if there were any catholics here,imo it has been de-railed & I apologize for that.......Honestly,I have no idea if mother Teresa was Saved or not,that is between her & our Heavenly Father....I do believe she was a Believer but I do not know if she "fell away",I don't think so.......one day we will know,only our Lord Knows her heart

Mary can be a controversial subject & there have been many discussions about her here,Mary was Jesus earthly mother,she was Full of Grace...no doubt she will be there in Paradise when we get there....I don't think you need to "defend" what you believe,all you need you need  is to have a Relationship with God in Christ,we can talk about the catholic doctrine if you want to & we can leave it alone if you prefer.....it is up to you,I don;t need to defend Christianity because my Relationship with Jesus has NOTHING to do with religion....I was raised catholic,spent many years under the teachings of the rcc by the dorothean order & I can point out many things wrong with the teachings but I know many a Born Again,Spirit Filled Believer that are catholic but they read a KJV & Understand Gods Timeless Truth...that is all that matters

No one has the right to say you are not Saved or to judge your heart,we know each other by our fruits & time will tell,get to know us & give us a chance to get to know you.......just don't respond to anyone looking for debate or controversy & keep an open heart,mind& a RECEIVING,TEACHABLE Spirit,in Jesus Name

As for Waynes question......There are many 'Saved" Catholics as well as any other denomination.....there is only ONE church,ONE BODY of CHRIST,it's too bad that people get hung up on denominations,it is a stumbling block...any time you have "division" is a problem      So the answer is that Christianity is a Relationship between an individual & Almighty God through FAITH in Christ Jesus,it is not an organization                                          To God be the Glory                     With love-in Christ,Kwik
"n

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Does being a Christian make one a Christian ? I always assume someone is a Christian until proven otherwise.  I hope for the best. Lol.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/16/2016 at 10:01 PM, Olophpray4us said:

Even Jesus Himself cried out on the Cross....
my God, my God, why have You forsaken Me....

A point of darkness....

:emot-heartbeat:

Welcome~!

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1 (King James Bible)

~

My God My God Why....

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer,
and by night, but I find no rest.

Yet you are holy,
enthroned on the praises of Israel.
In you our fathers trusted;
they trusted, and you delivered them.
To you they cried and were rescued;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by mankind and despised by the people.
All who see me mock me;
they make mouths at me; they wag their heads;
“He trusts in the Lord; let him deliver him;
let him rescue him, for he delights in him!”

Yet you are he who took me from the womb;
you made me trust you at my mother’s breasts.
On you was I cast from my birth,
and from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
Be not far from me,
for trouble is near,
and there is none to help.

Many bulls encompass me;
strong bulls of Bashan surround me;
they open wide their mouths at me,
like a ravening and roaring lion.

I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint;
my heart is like wax;
it is melted within my breast;
my strength is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to my jaws;
you lay me in the dust of death.

For dogs encompass me;
a company of evildoers encircles me;

they have pierced my hands and feetb
I can count all my bones—
they stare and gloat over me;
they divide my garments among them,
and for my clothing they cast lots.

But you, O Lord, do not be far off!
O you my help, come quickly to my aid!
Deliver my soul from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dog!
Save me from the mouth of the lion!

You have rescuedc me from the horns of the wild oxen!

I will tell of your name to my brothers;
in the midst of the congregation I will praise you:
You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him,
and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel!
For he has not despised or abhorred
the affliction of the afflicted,
and he has not hidden his face from him,
but has heard, when he cried to him.

From you comes my praise in the great congregation;
my vows I will perform before those who fear him.
The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied;
those who seek him shall praise the Lord!
May your hearts live forever!

All the ends of the earth shall remember
and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
shall worship before you.
For kingship belongs to the Lord,
and he rules over the nations.

All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship;
before him shall bow all who go down to the dust,
even the one who could not keep himself alive.
Posterity shall serve him;
it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation;
they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn,

that he has done it. Psalms 22 (
English Standard Version)

~

Yes

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6 (New International Version)

Indeed, Rude

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. Romans 8:26 (Berean Study Bible)

Is Serious Business, Beloved

And the others who became priests were numerous, because death prevented them from continuing in office, but he holds his priesthood permanently since he lives forever. So he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Hebrew 7:23-25 (NET Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

22 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Sorry to see you leave. But seeing you are going, and I hope you stay long enough to read this, A priest once said to me, "Give a child at age 5, and I will give you a Catholic for life." That was me, until God opened my eyes and drew me to Jesus Christ Our saviour and also Mary's saviour.

Mary was not immaculate, she was a sinner just like you and me and needed salvation, she said so herself here in Luke chapter one.

Luke 1:46-47, "And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, V. 47, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

We don't need the catholic church, the pope or any of the other traditions of men to be saved. Only Jesus can save anyone.

Jesus Himself said; Joh 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Not any church, not the Pope, not the sacraments, not worshiping dead saints, not worshiping mary, nothing but Jesus Christ Himself.

Amen!

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Does being a Christian make one a Christian ? I always assume someone is a Christian until proven otherwise.  I hope for the best. Lol.

You are a Christian when you come into a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.  You are not born a Christian. And being a Catholic or any other denomination makes you a Christian.