• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

9 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

That's correct.  Sodom's sin was lack of hospitality. 

Have you ever even READ the Bible?  Sodom and Gammorah were destroyed because of the perverse practices of the citizens, including homosexuality.  You are living in an alternate universe if you believe it was 'lack of hospitality'.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

This line here.  The important one were Jesus does not tell her what she has done wrong, with finger wagging and pointing out "Gods WORD SAYS" OR ANY SUCH THING.  Instead He tells her to go home and stop what she thinks is sinning against God.

There are supporting verses for this:

16As it is, you boast in your proud
intentions. All such boasting is evil. 

17Therefore, whoever knows the right
thing
 to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin.

John 9:41
"If you were blind," Jesus replied,
"you would not be guilty of sin.
But since you claim you can see,
your guilt remains."

Proverbs 26:12

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?
There is more hope for a fool
than for him.

John 15:22
If I had not come and spoken to them,
they would not be guilty of sin.
Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.

So as you could maybe possibly see, and likely will someday
sin is decided by how a person responds to what they
have learned about God.   If they think they are doing right,

they have not sinned.

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1

28 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Have you ever even READ the Bible?  Sodom and Gammorah were destroyed because of the perverse practices of the citizens, including homosexuality.  You are living in an alternate universe if you believe it was 'lack of hospitality'.

I was responding to that particular passage:

48"As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "Sodom, your sister and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done. 49"Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. 50"Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it.

Read back further for the context:
http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/16.htm

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You can repeat your false interpretation in 5 more posts and it will be no more true in the 5th post than it is in the one above.  Other proof texts taken out of context that you repeat over and over again will not get the job done either.  The woman had committed adultery.  Jesus told her to stop doing that.  There is not any more to it than that.

Actually, He told her accusers to rethink their judging and accusations.  He did this while writing in the sand with His finger while looking down.  Looking up, He saw they all got His message.  Then he said He would not judge her either.

Then He sent her home telling her to not sin, leaving it up to her to decide what her sins were.

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1

41 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The fact still remains that your idea of "tolerance" actually traps people in a life of bondage and offers them absolutely no hope for a way to get out of it.

I treat people just as I would wish for them to treat me.

This takes priority over all other scripture. Even more than
what other teachers have taught me in the past.
I used to judge the sins of others as well.  I found that
it was wasted time and thought. 

People respond much better when you don't judge them.
Then they don't judge you in return for Your sins. 

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1

53 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Homosexuality is still a sin.

Actually the sin is "promiscuity" and "lack of commitment."

It does look as if the behavior condemned is
who they choose to love
but actually the sin is sex outside of marriage and promiscuity.
In context, gays could not get married, so pointing out their 
"living in sin" was easy.  Plus this lack of marriage options
promoted promiscuity as well.   But given the option, gays
can get married and not be promiscuous.  Promiscuity is the sin
becasue it is not treating others to a committed relationship
which is a natural part of a real family. 

Sexual orientation is not even an issue to be bothered with
any more than I am interested in who others have sex with.

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Skywriter, how do you read these verses?

Romans 1:26-32

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.  Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Read it slowly and carefully.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

3 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:
22 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Skywriter, how do you read these verses?

Romans 1:26-32

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.  Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Read it slowly and carefully.

He's read it, and if he addresses it at all I can tell you how he will approach it and how he will attempt to make it not mean what it says beforehand.  He's following a script.  So far, it's the standard Mel White script.

I've seen this movie.

Perhaps, but for me, it is not a movie.  As I stated before in this thread, I have this in my immediate family and nothing this person, or anyone else can say, should be new to me.  For three generations this sin was present in my relatives and none of them were able to twist scripture to make it say what it does not, and ignorance is not an excuse.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

51 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

Actually the sin is "promiscuity" and "lack of commitment."

It does look as if the behavior condemned is
who they choose to love
but actually the sin is sex outside of marriage and promiscuity.
In context, gays could not get married, so pointing out their 
"living in sin" was easy.  Plus this lack of marriage options
promoted promiscuity as well.   But given the option, gays
can get married and not be promiscuous.  Promiscuity is the sin
becasue it is not treating others to a committed relationship
which is a natural part of a real family. 

Sexual orientation is not even an issue to be bothered with
any more than I am interested in who others have sex with.

You realize that no sin such as this and no lie such as this is can ever take the place of Scripture, nor can it ever be accepted in the body of Christ,   nor was it ever accepted nor ever approved by Yahweh ?   It is not a matter of your opinion nor of the opinion of the persons you know that you are trying to defend their sin - 

their sin and your sin is without any defense,  without any sacrifice to be redeemed, if continued without true repentance.  

You can have your worldly , carnal,  fleshly friends for the rest of your life, however short or long it is,

OR you can turn to Yahweh and call on Him in true repentance to be healed of sin, forgiven, and saved, by the Blood of Jesus Who was Sacrificed for those appointed for Salvation . (not for the whole world - that is , only a few are redeemed compared to the many who are resurrected to shame and judgment)  ......

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The "lack of hospitality" spin was invented by a group of gay theologians and gay pastors who had no wish to stop being gay so they had to "fix" the parts of the Bible that very simply stated that homosexuality was, in fact, a sin.  They do this by assigning meanings to the text which are erroneous and not actually supported within the text itself.  This is akin to the allegorical school of biblical interpretation where you can basically just make the Bible say anything you want it to say and, conversely, make it not say something you don't care for and make following what it says too icky for you.  They do this with Genesis.  They do it with Leviticus.  They do it with Romans.  They do it with 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy.  They all completely ignore Jude.  I'm sure we will see some more textual shredding in the near future. . . 

I didn't know about where that stuff comes from but anyone, I mean ANYONE, who has read the Bible knows the 'lack of hospitality' rubbish to be false. And I'm sure you're right; more is on the way.  Why this site attracts so much of this escapes me.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1