shiloh357

Patterns of Evidence Video: The Exodus

18 posts in this topic

I saw it when it came out in the theaters. And I agree it is worth every cent! Not only does it demolish doubt (to anyone who is open-minded, anyway - skeptics will be, you know), but it also explains why the evidence in plain sight has always been missed as such.

The trouble is, once history has been recorded, it's hard to rewrite it. Meaning, everything written about the past has the wrong centuries recorded for all historical events. Thus, the scientific and historical communities are highly, highly, highly resistant to change.

28 minutes ago, nebula said:

I saw it when it came out in the theaters. And I agree it is worth every cent! Not only does it demolish doubt (to anyone who is open-minded, anyway - skeptics will be, you know), but it also explains why the evidence in plain sight has always been missed as such.

The trouble is, once history has been recorded, it's hard to rewrite it. Meaning, everything written about the past has the wrong centuries recorded for all historical events. Thus, the scientific and historical communities are highly, highly, highly resistant to change.

That's a great point that historians have brought up.  The dates for things that happened in Egypt are linked to dates for events in other nations meaning that everything would need to be evaluated.   The academic community isn't going to change.

But the evidence is there for people who are willing to do where the evidence leads.   The actual date of the Exodus is a secondary issue.  The wonderful thing is that there is strong evidence for the historical core of the story.  The historical core is intact over and against the claims of the skeptics.

English Egyptologist David Rohl is Very interesting and very convincing with his alternative chronology of the Ancient Egyptian timeline.

Have watched some of his presentations on YT- very good arguments and evidences.

Im shattered!

I only got to watch a 1/4 of it. ..

Well I just watched it and I'm impressed, with the film making if nothing else. The house thought to be Joseph's and then many of actual evidences. The time line has me puzzled and it all lines up so well with what I've learned before. I'm going to have to watch it again and do some cross referencing but all in all a solid documentary. I must admit, I'm impressed. 

This thread piqued my curioustity, and I watched another documentary on the topic, also pretty interesting, will post it in the video section / Biblical Topics, called there:

Exodus of Israel from Egypt - Evidence

The wall in the documentary was helpful and the Bible clearly supports a mid-15th century BC date for the exodus:

“In the four hundred and eightieth year after the Israelites had come out of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon’s reign over Israel, in the month of Ziv, the second month, he began to build the temple of the Lord.” (1 Kgs 6:1)

Working back from Solomon’s fourth year, ca. 966 bc,20 brings us to ca. 1446 bc for the date of the exodus.

Another point raised is the name Rameses used in Exod 1:11 is an editorial updating of an earlier name that went out of use. I've been tracking some of the archeology in Israel but this is the first I've heard someone might have found Joseph's house. This was not a typical documentary, when it comes to the Bible they are usually contrary to the Biblical account and rarely follow actual archeology. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Edited by thilipsis