• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Yes Hazard. Look, I love you brother but your not going to convince me of a re-creation. I've read your posts, scriptures, even been to the web sites that teach this. I don't see it. It disagrees with scripture that it avoids addressing. 

Thank you. Same here, I love you also mate. I'm not trying to convince you of a re-creation, Scriptures show Lucifer once ruled the Earth and it was destroyed by God when Lucifer rebelled. If this was not, then according to your understanding, to me, its seems you believe, "In the beginning was 6'000 years ago?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Thank you. Same here, I love you also mate. I'm not trying to convince you or  a re-creation, Scriptures show Lucifer once ruled the Earth and it was destroyed by God when Lucifer rebelled. If this was not, then to me its seems you believe, "In the beginning was 6'000 years ago?

Yes, 6000 years, though I'm also not convinced someone can narrow it down to  a specific number based off genealogy, close, but not as exact as some adhere to. 

8 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Yes, 6000 years, though I'm also not convinced someone can narrow it down to  a specific number based off genealogy, close, but not as exact as some adhere to. 

If that is so, if " in the beginning" was 6'000 years ago, then God, and the Word, who became flesh, according to your understanding must also be about 6'000 years old, John 1:1. We know that's not true.

John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

So, how can we be sure  "in the beginning" God created the heaven and the Earth, 6'000 years ago?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

If that is so, if " in the beginning" was 6'000 years ago, then God, and the Word, who became flesh, according to your understanding must also be about 6'000 years old, John 1:1. We know that's not true.

John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

So, how can we be sure  "in the beginning" God created the heaven and the Earth, 6'000 years ago?

Since Jesus created all, I'm not sure I can agree He is 2000, or even 6,000 years old. The Trinity, is eternal. I feel like I'm not answering your question, though not deliberately. I simply don't know. 

Dear hmbld,

We know the Word who was with God, and who was God in the beginning, that it was He that created all things, We also know He is an eternal being.

John 1: 1-3, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2, The same was in the beginning with God.
    3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

As God He had no beginning, as man He had a beginning (John 1:14) "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

You said earlier that you have read all my posts regarding this subject.

I say The Word under the instruction of the Father has been creating throughout eternity and He and the Father will continue to do so throughout eternity future.

John 5:17, But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

We know they never sat around in Heaven, a created place, which the Word created as nothing was created that was not created by Him,  (Gen. 1:1), doing nothing and then decided to start working some 6'000 years ago?

Young earth creationists say the Earth is about 6'000 years old, The Word, the creator, who became man is an eternal working being.

This never happened 6'000 years ago; An international team of astronomers has detected the most distant galaxy yet. Because it takes light so long to travel from the outer edge of the Universe to us, the galaxy appears as it was 13.1 billion years ago (its distance from Earth of 30 billion light-years is because the Universe is expanding).  http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24637890

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

8 hours ago, tleichs said:

So, why were you trying to define what was before the first day if you know that the bible is not a book of chronological events?

Yea that one kind of threw me to. There is an unbroken line of relative dates throughout the Old Testament. Kind of liked the rest of the post but that part didn't sound right to me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Dear hmbld,

We know the Word who was with God, and who was God in the beginning, that it was He that created all things, We also know He is an eternal being.

John 1: 1-3, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2, The same was in the beginning with God.
    3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

As God He had no beginning, as man He had a beginning (John 1:14) "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

You said earlier that you have read all my posts regarding this subject.

I say The Word under the instruction of the Father has been creating throughout eternity and He and the Father will continue to do so throughout eternity future.

John 5:17, But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

We know they never sat around in Heaven, a created place, which the Word created as nothing was created that was not created by Him,  (Gen. 1:1), doing nothing and then decided to start working some 6'000 years ago?

Young earth creationists say the Earth is about 6'000 years old, The Word, the creator, who became man is an eternal working being.

This never happened 6'000 years ago; An international team of astronomers has detected the most distant galaxy yet. Because it takes light so long to travel from the outer edge of the Universe to us, the galaxy appears as it was 13.1 billion years ago (its distance from Earth of 30 billion light-years is because the Universe is expanding).  http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24637890

Guess that gets me kicked out of the Young Earth Creationists club because all we know about the age of the universe is that it was created, 'in the beginning'. The creation of life in general and man in particular is another matter entirely.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

14 hours ago, tleichs said:

Sorry, but if you say it, so there must be something false.... Maybe you have some issue with God and therefore are trying to find something false in the bible...

I wouldn't be so bold as to think that the Bible is the only valid expression of who/what "God" is.   You can doubt something is true and yet not believe it's false.   

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/2/2016 at 8:14 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

With respect to death and what God says about it, I submit the following: Death before Genesis 1:3 Consistent with a Literal Interpretation of Scripture

While I don't believe in the Day-Age interpretation of Genesis, I believe this argument is consistent with the Gap Theory and can be appropriately applied to it as well.

That article actually 'fits'... the Gap concept from The Bible.

The point when 'death' entered in was when God assigned the power of death to Satan because of his rebellion. The power of sin is death, and Satan is who sinned first according to Apostle John. That was when God ended the old world, not at the start of the replenishing at Gen.1:2.

In the old world that then was, no death existed. But that was before the Gen.1:2 replenishing to bring today's heavens and earth which are now. A major difference between the old world that then was and this present world today is God only made man flesh for this present world.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, tleichs said:

So, why were you trying to define what was before the first day if you know that the bible is not a book of chronological events?

You are trying to support your ideas with absolutism. The Bible does not put everything in history in a chronological fashion, but it DOES cover many events in a chronological order. The events in Genesis 1 & 2 are in chronological order. But just as you didn't understand the stars in Job being symbolic of the angels, that should reveal to you that you lack use of something which only God can provide to open up His Word to our understanding. It's called The Holy Spirit, as His Word was written down by The Holy Spirit through men as they were given unction.

And The Bible most definitely is... also a Book including natural science. There's been many cases where peoples of later ages referred back to things in God's laws to find a solution to problems they were having. One such case was with old world doctors washing their dirty hands in the same bowl of water, and thus spreading the same disease of one patient throughout the whole ward. God told the priests to wash using 'running' water. And thus the idea of indoor plumbing became a normal function for cleanliness in civil society. Tell me that's not science. The word science simply means 'to know' and its object is truth, and that is what God's Word is, The Truth.