• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

That's like saying I  actually have to take cocaine to fully grasp the problems and consequences of taking cocaine.   

Love isn't something that is only experienced in marriage.  It's transferable to other contexts, other relationships.  But affection is different based on what particular relationship you're talking about. 

It is our western mindset that views love as an emotion.  It's in our music, our movies and entertainment.  But they are wrong.   Often "love" is confused with affection or infatuation, or even lust.   The whole, "it feels so right, it can't be wrong"  mentality in our modern culture has perverted how we look at love.

Emotions/feelings are based in circumstances.  You feel happy when the conditions are right.   The difference between happiness and joy is like that between affection and love.   Love is how you express the way you feel.  I gave an analogy to demonstrate that very fact. 

You can have joy without necessarily being happy.   You can love without really feeling anything for someone else.   "Love your enemies" doesn't have anything to do with how you feel.   They are your enemies, but you are to act in love toward them, despite how you feel about them in your mind.

How about forgiveness?   You can love someone by forgiving them even though in your mind you want to do the opposite.  It becomes an act of your will.   I can show all kinds of instances where you can love someone you despise in your mind and heart. 

You are totally out in left field.  

You are sitting there telling me as a spouse who lost the love of her life after 25 years of marriage that you know what I went through.  And really, your relating it using cocaine? Is that the best you could come up Shiloh?

I have no clue what an addict goes through because I"m not an addict.  You have never been married so you have  no clue what we has spouses go through when we loose that person.  You also have no clue what it is to love someone as a spouse as I did.  The very fact that you used such a ridiculous  analogy shows that I am right and you are not.

I got news for you shiloh you can be wrong on things and this shows that.  

Blessings. RustyAngeL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:whistling: 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

:whistling:

Well, I take offense to that. Why in the world would you whistle at such an inappropriate time such as this? You should be hung by your toenails.

yeah and if you heard what I'm whistling maybe hung by something else :red_smile: no I am not answering any guesses :43: 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

55 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Since the original remark was about experience, the analogy is spot on.   I would have to experience cocaine before I can speak out against using it, which is completely absurd.

The point is that there are objective things about relationships that we can know without having experienced those exact relationships because  there is a lot that is transferable from one relationship to another.   Things like trust, communication, loyalty, are common to any relationship.  What's different is the level and kind of affection that is expressed in different relationships.

But you are not speaking out against love, you are telling people they do not know what they feel.  You are like a blind person telling someone with sight that the apple is really not red.

We know what we feel, we know what affection is, we know what love is, they are two separate things for which it is possible to have one without the other. I can tell you there were times when they were in their teens that I felt no affection for my children, but I still felt love for them.   From one who has experienced it, I can tell you with 100% certainty, love is more than just a verb or an action. 

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

yeah and if you heard what I'm whistling maybe hung by something else :red_smile: no I am not answering any guesses :43: 

Are you whistling Dixie? I totally find that offensive. And I find that it is a prejudice move.

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you whistling Dixie? I totally find that offensive. And I find that it is a prejudice move.

well ya certainly can cotton to it better than rollover rosie :43: 

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

well ya certainly can cotton to it better rollover rosie :43: 

I changed my mind. Yo hey bro whatcha doing? hug.gif

yankee doodle on a noodle eating the toughest muffins ever made in the land of cotton ... what you doing :happyhappy: